All Non O Visas from Hull now need 800K Bht in the bank

Yes. And then she can go to the bank with the Chanoot, have them value the 'property' and borrow xmillion Baht secured on the house and land and you will know nothing

Ha ha. Well if she wanted to do that that would be down to her wouldn't it. She would have to make the repayments. Btw, why did you put the word property in inverted commas?

My missus really would NOT do that (yea I know) plus to be honest it's nice to know she could do that if I was to get run over by a bus.

Footnote: We/she currently own no property. Just wanted to know what the law was.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just so I have this clear, Hull (and probably the other consults) stopped handing out 1 year NON 'O' visas to every Tom, Dick and Harry some time ago..this will only effect folk who are married to Thai nationals but now need to show 800k in the bank or monthy income, is that correct?

If so, I believe to get an visa extension based on Marriage in Thailand you have to show 400k not 800k?

If I am correct, then the folk who are married here must have been showing 400 or 800k previously anyway if they had an extension based on marriage? And if you are living here with your wife why then would you want to go to Hull to get your visa? Bit confusing this.

If this has screwed anyone (and I don't see how it would be that many) then a triple entry tourist visa will have to suffice?

PP

if you took the time to read the thread then you'd find you are partly right

This also affects single retires over 50

My main issue as an over 50 retiree is -

1. how it was implemented - 3 months bank statements required meeting the criteria without giving 3 months notice.

2. That some people will have to have as much as 18k gbp in a current account - believe it or not that could amount to as much as 50 quid a month in lost interest and double that if interest rates return to 5-6% levels - 100 GBP a month, no small amount

3. The type of income required (different from retirement visa app in Thailand)

What exactly is the justification for doing this as it doesn't make any sense and appears to be very poorly thought out

Apart from the above I agree in principle to what they are doing - everyone should have to prove their means before going to Thailand for extended periods of time that would generally not be classed as a vacation

It's just a shoddy ill thought out implementation

it is all very simple!

An over 50 retiree only needs a single entry "O" visa , a tourist visa or visa exempt entry. All can be used to secure an extension of stay based on retirement .

Follow the process , prove the funds (by income or money in the bank)

Easy smile.png

Why all the drama ?

I thought the same thing.

Not much has changed at all as far as I can see.

And worse case you can always get a triple entry toursist visa.

• Like 1

There was the question whether a re-entry permit is possible after an entry with a tourist visa, and the answer is yes. I read a post yesterday by a member who did this. The immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi airport, young and perhaps new at the job, did not want to honour it and asked that a new entry of the triple-entry tourist visa be used, but a senior officer intervened and and gave an arrival stamp based on the re-entry permit.

There was the question whether a re-entry permit is possible after an entry with a tourist visa, and the answer is yes. I read a post yesterday by a member who did this. The immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi airport, young and perhaps new at the job, did not want to honour it and asked that a new entry of the triple-entry tourist visa be used, but a senior officer intervened and and gave an arrival stamp based on the re-entry permit.

Thank you Maestro - see - I SAID you would know and you did not disappoint! clap2.gif

• 2 months later...

The worst thing about all this is the money has to be kept in a current account. My bank has advised against leaving 16,000 pounds in a current account because it's a security risk, especially considering the high level of ATM fraud currently taking place in Thailand. Moreover, who keeps that much in a current account where it earns no interest. The Hull Consulate says the Thai Embassy in London will not approve ISA savings accounts or other savings accounts. Silly rule.

I have news for you mate, I actually put 20k sterling in my current account for 3x months , I'm 50 single been getting Type 0 ME visa's from Hull going on 8 years so I satisfied the criteria and they still refused to give me a visa - go figure that one out

It cost me about 150 quid in lost interest for the 3 months I had the money in my current account, no convictions or anything like that - talk about being pissed off, it seems obvious to me they don't want people getting ME Type 0 visa

They can stick their............................................................se

A friend of mine suggested that they are trying to get falangs to put their money in Thai bank accounts - my money will never be in Thailand unless it suits me

It made me start to think about all the banks collapsing in the west and the money that was required to bail them out - there'd be no bail out in Thailand and if you think you are protected - well I wouldn't be so sure TIT

anyway never again and to be honest I didn't expect anything else

They do not give a reason, the only thing they advised me to do was apply for a retirement visa, the girl in Hull said it was probably because I don't go in and out of the country often enough which quite frankly is ridiculous, but anyway never again

They do not give a reason, the only thing they advised me to do was apply for a retirement visa, the girl in Hull said it was probably because I don't go in and out of the country often enough which quite frankly is ridiculous, but anyway never again

Suspect this mess has its roots in the Hull Hon.Con being much to "friendly" for a long time.

As a result you and other genuine visa applicants have been caught in a mesh created by a few miscreants.

I have news for you mate, I actually put 20k sterling in my current account for 3x months , I'm 50 single been getting Type 0 ME visa's from Hull going on 8 years so I satisfied the criteria and they still refused to give me a visa - go figure that one out

It cost me about 150 quid in lost interest for the 3 months I had the money in my current account, no convictions or anything like that - talk about being pissed off, it seems obvious to me they don't want people getting ME Type 0 visa

They can stick their............................................................se

A friend of mine suggested that they are trying to get falangs to put their money in Thai bank accounts - my money will never be in Thailand unless it suits me

It made me start to think about all the banks collapsing in the west and the money that was required to bail them out - there'd be no bail out in Thailand and if you think you are protected - well I wouldn't be so sure TIT

anyway never again and to be honest I didn't expect anything else

Like you I have had Non Imms on the trot for 5 years. I'm married to a Thai national, and we are currently in the UK visiting. My wife is 6 months pregnant but all Hull can offer me is a tourist visa for 6 months (leave every 60 days) for my return. The lady at Hull said it's a new requirement from the Thai Embassy in London that all Non Imm visa applications are forwarded to them and checked first. She said the Hull Consulate have no say in these matters. She didn't say the money needed to be in a Thai bank account for three months, only a current account. Of course I don't, never have and never will keep 16k in a current account. I offered to show the money in other savings accounts but she said the UK Thai Embassy will not accept savings accounts.

Not sure what the other options are. I'll still have a few days left on my current Non Imm when I arrive back in January, so I could get 3 months on arrival and then find a solution inside Thailand or in a neighbouring country, if there is one?

Not sure what the other options are. I'll still have a few days left on my current Non Imm when I arrive back in January, so I could get 3 months on arrival and then find a solution inside Thailand or in a neighbouring country, if there is one?

You should contact the consulate in Birmingham. There have been reports of them doing multiple non-o based upon marriage recently.

If not then not then Savannakhet Laos for a new visa. No financials are needed there.

• 6 months later...

I am happily married to a lovely Thai lady, living way up in Issan, My wife has money and a fair bit of land which we (she) farms, growing Rice, Sugar and Mansapalang... I have 4 years left on my passport but only 2 pages left in it so I returned to UK to visit my UK family and make sure my house was still in order, and to renew my passport.

I have gone for a "jumbo" 48 page passport this time, hopefully it will see me out !!! This cost me £94-25 including the post office "check & send fee..... Now, I have to apply for a new Non "O" multi entry visa at a cost of £135 from the Thai Consulate at Hull. for a poxy sticker which takes up a full page of my passport. PASSPORT 48 Pages = £94-25 ;;;;;; ONE FULL PAGE sticker = £135-00 ???????

Only to find out that once again the goalposts have been moved,,,,, Last year all I had to show was front page of marriage cert and a copy of my wife's ID. She has changed her name to mine, so I included a copy of her passport , also with my surname.

Now I am disgusted at how much they charge for the visa, for so little service and change the rules to suit themselves.

If I wasn't happily married, I would certainly be thinking about living somewhere else !!! BECAUSE WE are NOT welcome in Thailand any more. I wonder who dreams up all the extra conditions that we have to comply with Have they any idea that the basic state pension in UK is £148-35 per week. I don't think they have a clue !!!

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED....

• Like 1

I am happily married to a lovely Thai lady, living way up in Issan, My wife has money and a fair bit of land which we (she) farms, growing Rice, Sugar and Mansapalang... I have 4 years left on my passport but only 2 pages left in it so I returned to UK to visit my UK family and make sure my house was still in order, and to renew my passport.

I have gone for a "jumbo" 48 page passport this time, hopefully it will see me out !!! This cost me £94-25 including the post office "check & send fee..... Now, I have to apply for a new Non "O" multi entry visa at a cost of £135 from the Thai Consulate at Hull. for a poxy sticker which takes up a full page of my passport. PASSPORT 48 Pages = £94-25 ;;;;;; ONE FULL PAGE sticker = £135-00 ???????

Only to find out that once again the goalposts have been moved,,,,, Last year all I had to show was front page of marriage cert and a copy of my wife's ID. She has changed her name to mine, so I included a copy of her passport , also with my surname.

Now I am disgusted at how much they charge for the visa, for so little service and change the rules to suit themselves.

If I wasn't happily married, I would certainly be thinking about living somewhere else !!! BECAUSE WE are NOT welcome in Thailand any more. I wonder who dreams up all the extra conditions that we have to comply with Have they any idea that the basic state pension in UK is £148-35 per week. I don't think they have a clue !!!

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED....

Whinger of the day award ....so far.

So you think that £135 is expensive for a 12 month visa to visit Thailand. Should you not be getting a marriage extension - or you a part time visitor/husband.

I can't wait for 10 years time and see your reaction to getting a UK passport renewed from this side of the world!

• Like 1

BECAUSE WE are NOT welcome in Thailand any more.

Why criticize Thailand when the bad service you got comes from England?

Why bother with a Visa in UK when it's so much easier to use an Extension you get in Thailand?