Phuket rescue volunteer in love triangle shooting

Lite Beer

Phuket rescue volunteer in love triangle shooting

Eakkapop Thongtub

1379919968_1.jpg

The wounded Worawut Tawee-apiradeeserm (blue shirt) is put into a tuk-tuk to be taken to hospital.

PHUKET: Normally, Wanchit “DJB” Sonsaree would spend nights as a volunteer with the Kamala Ruamkatanyu Rescue Foundation, attending the injured and dealing with the dead, but yesterday afternoon (September 22) DJB crossed over to the dark side, inflicting damage instead of curing it.

DJB, 31, had discovered that his girlfriend had a “gik” – and that she had fallen in love with him.

He tried to persuade his girlfriend to break off the relationship with 24-year-old Worawut Tawee-apiradeeserm. She would have none of it, however, and their conversation deteriorated into a shooting match.

Seeing that this approach was getting him nowhere, DJB decided to tackle the problem from the other end. Taking up his trusty homemade “Thai pradit” gun he went hunting for Worawut.

Finding his rival at the Bigball fashion shop in Patong, he fired a single shot at him, and then made his escape.

Luckily for Worawut, DJB’s aim was not good, and he was hit in the shoulder. He was first rushed to Patong Hospital in a tuk-tuk, and then, on instructions from his family, was transferred to Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

Police put out an alert for DJB – though not over the police radio band, because they knew that the wanted man would be able to hear it on the walkie talkie he used for his rescue work.

In the end, the alert was not necessary. DJB contacted relatives, and told them to inform the police he wanted to negotiate a surrender.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-rescue-volunteer-in-love-triangle-shooting-42043.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-23

Hub of the 'Thai pradit' gun ... sad.png

There's not much that can be done about the manufacture of these primitive firearms, they are easy to make, but you would think the police would be investigating who is selling the ammunition on the street, in a similar way they go for street level drug dealers.

I do not remember reading of any arrests for the illegal supply of ammunition.

Hub of the 'Thai pradit' gun ... sad.png

There's not much that can be done about the manufacture of these primitive firearms, they are easy to make, but you would think the police would be investigating who is selling the ammunition on the street, in a similar way they go for street level drug dealers.

I do not remember reading of any arrests for the illegal supply of ammunition.

Don't seem to be any controls over the sale of ammunition in Thailand - I've bought plenty of .38 Special rounds down "gun row" near the Chinese quarter in Bangkok using only my Thai driving license as ID.

I have never understood this "negotiate a surrender" or suspect informs the police he will turn himself in at the police station on such & such a date. Why don't the police simply go out & arrest these people instead of letting them come in at their convenience?

• Like 1

I have never understood this "negotiate a surrender" or suspect informs the police he will turn himself in at the police station on such & such a date. Why don't the police simply go out & arrest these people instead of letting them come in at their convenience?

A question much asked and never any answer.

BIB = Boys in Business, why would they want to risk being shot?

Duh.. Having someone volunteer to come in is lot safer for everyone than chasing down someone who is desperate and feeling cornered. Standard police procedure.... Priorities: 1. Protect the public, 2. Protect the police officers, 3. Prevent desperate acts by the "perp"..

Edited by arend

Duh.. Having someone volunteer to come in is lot safer for everyone than chasing down someone who is desperate and feeling cornered. Standard police procedure.... Priorities: 1. Protect the public, 2. Protect the police officers, 3. Prevent desperate acts by the "perp"..

So having some lunatic on the loose with a gun is protecting the public?? In many cases it also allows the suspect time to intimidate or buy off witnesses, destroy evidence & so forth. The police do it for all types of crimes not just violent ones.