31 year old Italian national found dead in Chiang Mai resort

webfact

31 Year Old Italian National Mario Pioletti Found Dead in Chiang Mai Resort

CHIANG MAI – Police Officials in Chiang Mai City have reported that Italian National Mario Pioletti has been found dead in his room at the VS Resort in the VS Resort in Jomthong District of the City.

Authorities were called after a chamber maid found his body when she opened the door to clean the room. Police investigators reported that nothing at the scene look suspicious and didn’t believe foul play was involved.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/19224.html

-- CHIANGRAI TIMES 2013-09-25

"Police investigators reported that nothing at the scene look suspicious and didn’t believe foul play was involved."

Isn't the death of a 31 year old suspicious by itself.

Normally people die of natural causes at an older age, but young people do die of natural causes.

Take an example of several prof football players who died of hearth failure in recent years. They have a good condition, doctor check-ups etc but still.

• Like 2

"Police investigators reported that nothing at the scene look suspicious and didn’t believe foul play was involved."

Normally people die of natural causes at an older age, but young people do die of natural causes.

Take an example of several prof football players who died of hearth failure in recent years. They have a good condition, doctor check-ups etc but still.

Yes of course people can die of natural causes at any age but if someone of 31 dies with no reported health problems a full investigation is needed to make sure if it was or was not natural causes.

Police can say that as there were no signs of a break in or a strugle, no items missing, etc. Neverteless, the proper thing is being done by sending the body for examination to determine the cause of death.

No sense in speculating till that has been done.

No one is speculating and in other threads there is a huge ammount of speculations but seems to be ok

indeed, it may well be suspicious, but that does not mean foul play was involved.

if i cack in my living room after a nice nike shoelace of smack, that is a drug overdose, not foul play.

It is not a complex distinction to make, unless you are ignoring it in order to pursue an agenda of your own.

• Like 2

"Police investigators reported that nothing at the scene look suspicious and didnt believe foul play was involved."[/size]

Isn't the death of a 31 year old suspicious by itself.[/size]

Yes of course people can die of natural causes at any age but if someone of 31 dies with no reported health problems a full investigation is needed to make sure if it was or was not natural causes.

RIP

How do you know there were no health issues? Because the local rag or police didn't know or weren't asked?

What aspect of post-mortem examination do you not consider as part of a full investigation.

All these TV armchair defectives tugging at the short leash set by Mario20018.

Good job sir!

indeed, it may well be suspicious, but that does not mean foul play was involved.

if i cack in my living room after a nice nike shoelace of smack, that is a drug overdose, not foul play.

It is not a complex distinction to make, unless you are ignoring it in order to pursue an agenda of your own.

I am not jumping to conclusions that he maybe a drug addict.

What possible agenda could I have?

All I am saying is a full investigation needs to be done.

Edited by uty6543

A story like this invites speculation, it begs for sepculation. If speculation is not wanted then the story should not be posted. What is a forum for...just to say R.I.P.

I disagree. We could speculate 100 different scenarios 1 will be right the other 99 will range from possibilities to complete rubbish. IMHO speculation can be offensive. Lets remember the family of Mario Pioletti may read this thread

A story like this invites speculation, it begs for sepculation. If speculation is not wanted then the story should not be posted. What is a forum for...just to say R.I.P.

I disagree. We could speculate 100 different scenarios 1 will be right the other 99 will range from possibilities to complete rubbish. IMHO speculation can be offensive. Lets remember the family of Mario Pioletti may read this thread

what leads you to believe that even one of the scenarios is likely to be correct?

what leads you to believe that even one of the scenarios is likely to be correct?

Yeah, and they died because they were running around a lot when their heart couldn't take it. He didn't seem to be running around a lot at the time.

How can they possibly say "didn't believe foul play was involved". Only an autopsy could reveal that, or are Thai police clairvoyant on top of everything else?

I lost two friends years back through natural causes. Oddly they were both 28 years old. sad.png

Intelligent people of an enquiring mind are bound to speculate why it is a man in the prime of life should keel over and die, especially when reported details are so scant and knowing previous events in hotel rooms in the locality.

Indeed - At Age 36 I was very lucky not to die after a Pulmonary Embolism. The reason I point this out is not to speculate that this may be the case in this situation but to provide first hand experience of how such an event could occur without foul play to someone so young.

Certainly questions should be raised and answered - At this young age a detailed examination should take place to identify cause of death and provide the necessary closure to family and loved ones.

I hope the police and equivalent of medical examiners in Thailand respond appropriately with empathy in providing this information.

Police can say that as there were no signs of a break in or a strugle, no items missing, etc. Neverteless, the proper thing is being done by sending the body for examination to determine the cause of death.

No sense in speculating till that has been done.

I would like to congratulate you on your reasonable approach to this. People all over the world die of natural causes at 31 and younger. some at birth.

I truly hope that the negative comments are coming from people not in Thailand. They give a bad impression for people to see of expats living in Thailand.

Yes we do have malcontents and misfits not wanted where they came from.

But for the most of us we feel sorry for the family and the people who are close to him.

• Like 2

"Police investigators reported that nothing at the scene look suspicious and didnt believe foul play was involved."

Exactly. From my understanding, foul play usually means that another may have contributed to the cause of death, either directly or indirectly.

RIP Dear Man. May your family find peace knowing you are with your Higher Power.