Is my friend blacklisted from Thailand?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

passport number and land are not so important

on the watchlist birtdate birthplace and name get checked, only a chance when change the firstname into another

Just a thought, 10 persons can have same birthday and same name in same country smile.png

But if you as an example have Swedish and Suomi passports the id number (not passport number) are complete diffrent, Suomi use letters and numbers in the personal id number for example

passport number and land are not so important

on the watchlist birtdate birthplace and name get checked, only a chance when change the firstname into another

Just a thought, 10 persons can have same birthday and same name in same country smile.png

But if you as an example have Swedish and Suomi passports the id number (not passport number) are complete diffrent, Suomi use letters and numbers in the personal id number for example

And to make it more complicated you can change name before you get the passport wink.png

But maybe the computers link the diffrent personal id numbers together who nows?

Edited by deemon

Best and easiest way to find out is to apply for a visa in Holland and see what happens.. Granted or denied. end of story.

There should be an easier way to just get an answer to an easy question. Am I or aren't I blacklisted? My son has just sent in to the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles to receive a 90 day Visa to come visit me. The paperwork states that if you do not qualify, your money will not be returned. Sounds like an expensive way to find out.

There should be an easier way to just get an answer to an easy question. Am I or aren't I blacklisted? My son has just sent in to the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles to receive a 90 day Visa to come visit me. The paperwork states that if you do not qualify, your money will not be returned. Sounds like an expensive way to find out.

Same as the USA Visa application, for which one do not even need any blacklisting to be denied, and loose the application fee.

Only difference, for an American the Thai VIsa fee could be like 2% of monthly salary, for Thai more like 20%.

i had a friend same thing small amount of weed 5 years not allowed to return , married had to resettle in vietnam with thai wife. happens very often more than you think i know about 10 people it has happened from 2 to 8 years expelled, they put a stamp in your passport ,do not let your home country see that , lots of questions to answer of the why variety?

Sounds like you are hanging out with the wrong people.

If you do a search in TV forum the topic is "Caught with Caanabis" you will find the thread about a TV member that got caught. He had a small amount. It was a mix with tobacco, which I think helped his case. He started the thread back in June or July this year. After much speculation by TV members on what he should do he ended up going to court. He was convicted and had a jail sentence and a fine, but after paying fine he said he did not spend any time in Jail. He was told at the court hearing he would be taken to immigration. However he said after several hours of waiting he was handed his passport back and told he was ok they were not going to turn him over to immigration. His visa was still valid so he was allowed to remain in Thailand. However I would not take this as a sign that it's ok. He got very lucky.

I had one friend that came here for a holiday and visit with me about 8-9 years ago. He went to pattaya with another guy he knew. They went via bus. I told them whatever they do in Pattaya don't bring anything back with them. They didn't listen. When they returned from Pattaya the police did a check as people got off the bus and they got busted. They called me I went down and spoke to the police for them. My thai is not great but ok. They ended up having to give the police 10,000B and then were let go. They too got lucky it could have ended up being a formal arrest.

As for the OP it all depends on the qty her was arrested for if he was formally charged and convicted. You need to answer those questions and then maybe people can help.

• Like 1

Same as the USA Visa application, for which one do not even need any blacklisting to be denied, and loose the application fee.

Only difference, for an American the Thai VIsa fee could be like 2% of monthly salary, for Thai more like 20%.

For a Thai more like 60+% My workers make an average of 7.500B per month with no overtime.

If your friend got a stamp in their passport then it is not looking good. My friend got caught with small joint .288g. went to court 5000 baht fine. everything thing very badly mucked up by the lawyer (no surprise there), he had a business in Thailand, and has not lost this because he cant get back. He got deported and had a stamp in his passport - black note - not black list. has been trying to get back for over a year.

You can get a visa but that doesn't mean you will be approved to get in the country. the consulate doesn't know what is in immigration computer.

He can get visa, try to get in. If he is refused he can be held in custody for 7-10 days and appeal to minister of internal affairs. in this time if the case is not taken up then he will probably be let in. of they may refuse. in this case he will not be let in. Friend didn't try this as prison in Thailand is a living hell.

New passport will not help unless he changes name/birthday/country.

It depends on the immigration person on the desk at the time. there is not a legal way to clear it up.

sucks but that is Thailand. a lesson that it may be casual - and places like pai seem ok, but all you need is one person to tow the line hard and it can ruin your life.

If your friend got a stamp in their passport then it is not looking good. My friend got caught with small joint .288g. went to court 5000 baht fine. everything thing very badly mucked up by the lawyer (no surprise there), he had a business in Thailand, and has not lost this because he cant get back. He got deported and had a stamp in his passport - black note - not black list. has been trying to get back for over a year.

You can get a visa but that doesn't mean you will be approved to get in the country. the consulate doesn't know what is in immigration computer.

He can get visa, try to get in. If he is refused he can be held in custody for 7-10 days and appeal to minister of internal affairs. in this time if the case is not taken up then he will probably be let in. of they may refuse. in this case he will not be let in. Friend didn't try this as prison in Thailand is a living hell.

New passport will not help unless he changes name/birthday/country.

It depends on the immigration person on the desk at the time. there is not a legal way to clear it up.

sucks but that is Thailand. a lesson that it may be casual - and places like pai seem ok, but all you need is one person to tow the line hard and it can ruin your life.

They have to decide within 7 days on the appeal, if they do not decide in time they have to let you in.

Anyone that even thinks about using drugs here in Thailand or any other foreign country should go on You Tube and watch Banged up Abroad ....... I dont care how silly we think there laws are if we are going to stay here we should respect the laws of what ever country we are in ..... The old saying dont do the crime if you cant do the time ........

• Like 1

Here is the best suggestion

Pay a Thai lawyer 6000 baht to find out if you are welcome or not SImple and put your mind at rest This community while good is only giving you suggestions and not what is really in your best interest

Spend the Money and rest at ease

Any good lawyer can do for you

Something I think you do NOT know is that it costs 10 million THB to get off the blacklist and that IS with a good lawyer. FACT !!!

Here is the best suggestion Pay a Thai lawyer 6000 baht to find out if you are welcome or not SImple and put your mind at rest This community while good is only giving you suggestions and not what is really in your best interest Spend the Money and rest at ease Any good lawyer can do for you
Something I think you do NOT know is that it costs 10 million THB to get off the blacklist and that IS with a good lawyer. FACT !!!
Nonsense where did you come up that number? To start the appeal process costs 1900 baht at immigration.
Appeal in Reference to Section 22(persona non grata) each person 1,900 baht
Source: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=fee Section 22 is in immigration act. Edited by ubonjoe

Best and easiest way to find out is to apply for a visa in Holland and see what happens.. Granted or denied. end of story.

If you can't afford a visa you can't afford to come.Cheaper than a lawyer.

Wonder when Thailand will put those fingerprint scanning machines at the airports like the malaysians.

I very much doubt if your friend is blacklisted.

But he will be in a hot soup if he re enters and keeps getting high, as the nexttime will be a lot messier and a definite blacklisting.

True, agree and let me add - about time he started to get serious about being a good dad.

id numbers not get listen in the watchlist so does not matter

Of course these things are ultimately linked.

- Name change / new passport - of course there is a record and of course appropriate (perhaps all) police etc., have access both domestically and internationally.

- 'lost' passport / new passport - same comment as above.

How could it be any other way. Look at it in the reverse scenario - known criminal / terrorist aims to kill you in another country. New passport allows the killer / terrorist to just walk in like a new visitor.

Is this the way things should work? NO!

Sorry, but no sympathy from me. "Only had a little bit"....like being a little bit pregnant? The Law is the Law and I have no time for druggies.

These people corrupt our children and we don't need them in Thailand. We have enough home-grown problems in this country without allowing Ferang to come here and just think that they can "get away" with flouting the laws of their host country.

Good riddance to him and anyone else involved in the drug culture.

A little harsh on the man but I agree that with 2 small children to care for it is time he grew up a bit.

Probably his missus want him deported so that she could get the share of everything 100% leaving him nothing.

I hope he will get back in cos i know the feeling. Thailand is the best place to live in.

Pathtic.Why slur a mans wife if you have no idea of situation.Childish.

Dont be a keyboard warrior ? ..wink.png

Edited by Billy The Kid

Past experience with friends , I was booted for no work Permit in '93 but came right back mai mi ben ha! So the usual thing to blacklist is stamping a persona non grata stamp in the passport.

Ask him ,he may have that stamp and just not read Latin!

In diplomacy, the term persona non grata (Latin, plural: personae non gratae), literally meaning "an unwelcome person", refers to a foreign person whose entering or remaining in a particular country is prohibited by that country's government.

Do you actually know as a fact that Thai immigration officials stamp an actual persona non grata into the passport of blacklisted individuals? Or are you assuming that maybe they do?

Well a friend who got busted had it put in his passport ,so yes saw it stamped. he had to go back and after a few years went by he legally changed his name and came back . Not sure if still in Thailand now,but was here for a few years with new name and passport ,cause it had been stamped PNG in his! That goes back almost 10 years.