Insect leg found inside fruit bowl on Phuket flight

webfact

We'd all be shocked if we knew about all the bugs/bug-parts we consume in our food. In the USA the FDA/USDA actually allow chocolate to contain cockroach parts above the maximum allowed for other foods, because cockroaches especially like chocolate. There are other similar stories, but you don't really want to know.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it happened and it should not have happened.

I'm an outsider but know a few people working there (incl. top shots) and they do their job with dedication and passion. Nobody is doing this on purpose unless:

- it is a disgruntled employee trying to damage Bangkok Air Catering
- the non-toxic pest control was not doing their job properly

Get over with; I've seen roaches everywhere in this country and despite being very, very picky in my own house I come across the odd roach once or twice a year - which is ok for me.

Or does anyone suggest that they did it on purpose following a management resolution?

Luckily he spotted it before consuming the said fruit within..

I once half finished a salad only to overturn a leaf & find half a slug.. my fear was, was I going to find the other half or not, and if not had I eaten it already!!

A little bug never hurt anyone ... My wife will find a hair or a bug in her flood and thats the last time we eat there ........ But now flies can be everywhere and land in anything doesnt bother her unless they stay .....

That kind of thing is just not cricket! At first when I saw the headline I thought someone was pulling my leg. Bangkok Airways CEO's first thought was "its really going to kick off now".

Well, it could have been a cricket's leg. smile.pngsmile.png

Thats where I was going with that NKM biggrin.png

I always make sure not to point the aircon on buses here, or planes for that matter, directly at my face anymore after turning it on once on a bus from Vientiane to Udon and having a pair of cockroaches scuttle out

Here's a brown banded roach out for a stroll on a spare, gearshift cover/insulator (knitted, hollow ball) that was actually a cozy nest for several (#52 bus - Chaeng Wattana). The cover was dangling by its drawstring six inches from my knee.

Ironically, at the time I shot this critter, I was waging a 'Roach War' in my apartment that took me three months and ten or so separate and parallel actions to win - without resorting to insecticide which, according to the World Health Organization (WHO - report), is relatively ineffective against roaches since they are generally repelled by them.

post-120659-0-65755100-1380743897_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

This is nothing compared with Tesco-Lotus, Seacon Square, where there are many cockroaches and even rats running around. I wrote a complaint but nothing happened. If it was Tesco UK, the supermarket would have been closed immediately and fumigated. I have even seen a large rat run over the foot of a member of Tesco's Staff and they were not at all concerned.

I was very ill after flying Bangkok Airways from Lampang last month and I put it down to the salad also.

A rat landed on my foot when I was walking down Beach Road in Pattaya, and I wasn't wearing socks, it jumped back off again, lovely cuddly little things.

I had a pet rat in grad school. They actually make great pets if you don't have space for a dog ... can even teach them tricks. I picked up a pretty girl hitchhiker once, and she spent most of the 4 hour drive petting the rat on her lap. When I dropped her off in Toronto she said to me, "that's a lovely hamster you have there". I figured I best not correct her on it... :-) 

My pythons get a rat each week. Very nice. There was a cute little brown one last week.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app