Thaksin tells police chief to tackle police kickbacks

Lite Beer

"Thaksin tells police chief to tackle police kickbacks"

Do as I say not as I do/did/will do if I ever get back. Ah, such words of wisdom from the man who brought you (according to his proxy party's election campaign) the utterly ruinous rice scheme.

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff if you like irony. Thaksin has taken corruption to levels undreamed

of by past piggies at the trough. Now he wants to end it ?? Too funny for

words. Sometimes I feel like I am living in the Twilight Zone here.

Where the absurd becomes reality.....

UURRR realy,, seems to me there was a corrupt I'm above the law guy in the U.S,,, NIXON, check matewhistling.gif

Just curious. What does Nixon have to do with Thaksin?

That Kuhn T. has no concept of irony,

let alone shame of any sort.

HOW SO??

what is the crime's he has been convicted of?

Is it The Shin Corporation in which Thaksin own a large portion of, he moved his holdings to his servants and driver, then to his kids and to family, this went to court and the court ruled in his favor, which means,,,NO crime...

or are you referring to the shocking crime of repaying the IMF monies borrowed by a previous government before the due date?,,, NO crime there,

or maybe you mean during his time as PM BKK was booming, is that what you mean?

or maybe working with Myanmar's Junta to stop the drug trafficking?,,, is that what you mean?

Have you thought of checking the facts before you post and make yourself look a prat?

Thaksin's conviction is easy to find, as are the circumstances in which he chose to jump bail. No appeal lodged. Details of the other outstanding criminal charges he faces are also easily accessible - well, until his government ban the internet of course.

Why do you think he is a fugitive from justice and chose not to fight all the charges through the courts? Maybe the defense of "honest mistake wears a bit thin when oft repeated.

Err, yeah mate my facts are correct, so now you maybe should check your facts before you call someone a "prat".

moving his holdings in Shin Corp, whent to court and acquitting him is NO CRIME, FACT!!!

charges still in front of the court is no conviction, FACT.

have you ever heard the words politically motivated?

Also mate, if you read before you call me a prat you would see I asked "what was the crime he has been convicted of? no where did I say he is inocent of all,

so now it would be YOU who's not checking his facts and makes you "LOOK LOOK A PRAT"

Well - my take on this is that Thaksin, during his reign here, had a tighter reign on corruption than anyone else has had.

Right now, there is no strong leader at the helm and it's running rampant.

There's been a number of high profile cases here in the press where Thaksin would absolutely have stepped in. It's what he did. He was a no-nonsense guy that liked to be seen to be sorting out people's issues.

I'm no fan of Thaksin and I am not saying that corruption was non-existent when he was PM, but there was a cap on it.

• Like 1

That Kuhn T. has no concept of irony,

let alone shame of any sort.

HOW SO??

what is the crime's he has been convicted of?

Is it The Shin Corporation in which Thaksin own a large portion of, he moved his holdings to his servants and driver, then to his kids and to family, this went to court and the court ruled in his favor, which means,,,NO crime...

or are you referring to the shocking crime of repaying the IMF monies borrowed by a previous government before the due date?,,, NO crime there,

or maybe you mean during his time as PM BKK was booming, is that what you mean?

or maybe working with Myanmar's Junta to stop the drug trafficking?,,, is that what you mean?

1. It doesn't mean no crime. It means no justice.

2. The crime he has been convicted of is corruption - facilitating illegal land purchase.

3. Working with Myanmar's junta to stop the drug trafficking? Aussieinthailand, you have lost the plot.

are you joking???

it doesn't mean no crime. it means no justice" if that is so then where is the appeal of this acquittal?

Why is there rebuttal in the IMF payback? hard stance on drug trafficking? WOW I just hear crickets now...

Well - my take on this is that Thaksin, during his reign here, had a tighter reign on corruption than anyone else has had.

There's been a number of high profile cases here in the press where Thaksin would absolutely have stepped in. It's what he did. He was a no-nonsense guy that liked to be seen to be sorting out people's issues.

I'm no fan of Thaksin and I am not saying that corruption was non-existent when he was PM, but there was a cap on it.

Thaksin capped corruption so he was tougher on it than others? Just listen to yourself for a second.

I have absolutely no idea where you can get any empirical evidence to support such a thing,anyway, aside from being an absurd thing to say.. Saying one Thai government is more or less corrupt than another, is like claiming to be half pregnant.

They are all corrupt to some greater or lesser degree, after that, the rest are semantics.

Thaksin capped corruption so he was tougher on it than others? Just listen to yourself for a second.

I have absolutely no idea where you can get any empirical evidence to support such a thing,anyway, aside from being an absurd thing to say.. Saying one Thai government is more or less corrupt than another, is like claiming to be half pregnant.

They are all corrupt to some greater or lesser degree, after that, the rest are semantics.

I don't have empirical evidence. I have experience.

As for an absurd thing to say. Well - that's a very rude thing to say. Do you have no manners? Of course you can have levels of corruption.

Like I say - Thaksin kept a pretty tight reign on certain types of corruption here. Specifically when it came to the BIB. There was a video a few months ago of some guys chasing a cop who'd effectively kidnapped a girl and was demanding sex. He'd have been for the high jump during Thaksins reign.

Of course, you can choose not to believe this, make a counter point or say it's absurd. It makes very little difference.

• Like 1

Stuff like this, is what makes it difficult to explain to family and friends, what kind of country we are living in!

Yes, they understand when we tell them about the heat, the floods and the red tape!

But how to explain the mindset of a country, where a fugitive criminal gives order to the chief of police?

Or where someone manages to collect 9M baht in "debt" from a past life?w00t.gif

Tell this to your friends, and they will listen politely, and think to themselves that you have spend to much time in the sun or had to many Changs.

And this is just the newsclippings for one day !! coffee1.gif

Why bother

Stuff like this, is what makes it difficult to explain to family and friends, what kind of country we are living in!

Yes, they understand when we tell them about the heat, the floods and the red tape!

But how to explain the mindset of a country, where a fugitive criminal gives order to the chief of police?

Or where someone manages to collect 9M baht in "debt" from a past life?w00t.gif

Tell this to your friends, and they will listen politely, and think to themselves that you have spend to much time in the sun or had to many Changs.

And this is just the newsclippings for one day !! coffee1.gif

Why bother

If the cap fits..

No strong leader at the helm?

Who exactly do you think is running the good ship PTP and it's government then?

I would like to ad to that lovely persons comments about Thaksin being no criminal... Are you bloody deaf dumb and stupid????

Why can he not go to Zusa...england...germany...australia? BECAUSE HE WOULD GO TO PRISONFOR M I SS AP R O P R I A T I O N OF MONIES paid to Thailand. Not SHIN CORP which ended up funding shincorp resorts... AIS and other companies.

So no criminal?.. MORAL SERVITUDE Ina public office misused as in his case is CRIMINAL by world standards. That is why he hides in dumpy 3rd world places

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

I would like to ad to that lovely persons comments about Thaksin being no criminal... Are you bloody deaf dumb and stupid????

Why can he not go to Zusa...england...germany...australia? BECAUSE HE WOULD GO TO PRISONFOR M I SS AP R O P R I A T I O N OF MONIES paid to Thailand. Not SHIN CORP which ended up funding shincorp resorts... AIS and other companies.

So no criminal?.. MORAL SERVITUDE Ina public office misused as in his case is CRIMINAL by world standards. That is why he hides in dumpy 3rd world places

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

Well no one wants to go too Zusa, England, or Germany

Why is a criminal fugitive defacto PM telling the national police chief of Thailand what his job is?

For the same reason, he fired the Finance Ministry Permanent Secretary today. Details in the other paper.

The reason is... he's in charge.... of all of it.

The truth be known Thaksin is getting increasingly annoyed at the skimming off of the corruption income proceeds before they reach him his clan and their brown nosing acolytes hence the order to tackle the kickbacks

It's not about stopping corruption it's all about ensuring that the aforementioned characters get their full commission payments.

Give Thaksin credit where credit is due indeed a cunning stunt.whistling.gif

... indeed a cunning stunt . . . .

Are you sure you 'spelled' that correctly ? ? ? ? ? ?

Are you sure you don;t have that "backwards" ? ? ? ? ?

Perhaps the word you could not think of was "stunning" ? ? ? ? ?

If so; you would have been right too ! ! ! ! !

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

PS: Sorry; I couldn't resist that one !

Thaksin may be at the helm but he ain't here and the fact is there's a lot going on that would not be happening if he was here.

Thaksin may be at the helm but he ain't here and the fact is there's a lot going on that would not be happening if he was here.
My friend, if T had not been tossed out, he would still be here at the helm. And Thailand would be worse off than Philippines under Marcos combined with Indonesia under Sukarno. Perhaps not as bad as Zimbabwe, but Thailand would be one man's (one family's) fiefdom, and T would be richer than Gates, most of that lucre from bloodsucking the Thai people. The 2,000+ extrajudicial deaths from his "War on Drugs" and his 100+ deaths of young Muslim men in custody would pale in comparison to what he could have accomplished (in the human deaths dept.) in the years since his ouster.
  • Like 2

Words of advice from a mafia cop/crook himself.

I think he looks like too much of a small p*ssy to ever be much of a cop or a gangster. Guess thats why he paid other people to fight and die instead of him. Piece of garbage. Wait till your judgement day comes.

Edited by gemini81