Notary of Public

Hi,Where would I go to have my passport notarized. I'm trying to sell my land in Aruba.The Arubian Notary who is appointed by the Dutch Government requires a notarized copy of my passport . I'm in Thailand till June.I'm in Sakon Nakhon.Before I left for Thailand I made a power of attorney with someone in Aruba to handle all of the paper work for the sale of my property.She already has my Licence and Passport .Jesus C........

Thai notarization may be questioned by the Aruba officials. Best best is your embassy. USA embassy will do such for $50, others should be similar. Get official government stamp will be sure OK over there.

Why would a Thai notary not be accepted but an American one be accepted? If it's an official notarization or signature guarantee on what basis would they be able to accept or reject it. Not everyone believes the fairy tale about American exceptionalism.

Thai notarization may be questioned by the Aruba officials. Best best is your embassy. USA embassy will do such for $50, others should be similar. Get official government stamp will be sure OK over there.

Why would a Thai notary not be accepted but an American one be accepted? If it's an official notarization or signature guarantee on what basis would they be able to accept or reject it. Not everyone believes the fairy tale about American exceptionalism.

He's saying to use the notary service from the embassy of the country where the documents will be used, he's just using the US Embassy as an example. The US Embassy will only notarize documents for US citizens or if a non-ctizen for documents that will be used in the US.

• Like 2

Thailand is not a signatory to relevant Hague Convention so will not have an officially recognised body that would be internationally recognised to notarise documents. Having said that, I have had documents accepted with a notarisation stamp from a Thai Lawyer with a couple of international banks.

http://www.hcch.net/upload/outline12e.pdf

I have just notarised my Passport for use in the UK (Anti-money laundering regs) when preparing my UK Will. I used a local lawyer called 'Charlie' through McWalden & Bailey of Nana. Contact [email protected]

'Charlie' produced his qualification certificate as part of the process and it only cost 1500 baht.

That depends if they will accept a thai notary? Most real lawyers can notarize your signature.

You do know that Thai lawyers are real lawyers, don't you?

Only the ones with a license to practice law

Obviously. If they're not licenced then they are not lawyers, so Thai lawyers are real lawyers.

I have just notarised my Passport for use in the UK (Anti-money laundering regs) when preparing my UK Will. I used a local lawyer called 'Charlie' through McWalden & Bailey of Nana. Contact [email protected]

'Charlie' produced his qualification certificate as part of the process and it only cost 1500 baht.

Thanks for your comment .I would really like to obtain this in the Issan area. Since flying out of Sakon Nakhon or Udon Thani RT to BKK can be quiet costly.I'll try to google Lawyers in UT.If anyone knows of anyone in the area please post

Thank You

Just a update I went to Udon from Sakon Nakhon for a notarized copy of my passport .I found a notary online by google.The women at the notary(matico company) speaks very good English as does her husband.total charge 900bht.