Lawyers offering to help with residency application

I received an spam email from a company called Thai Visa Expert, assuming they were affiliated with this forum offering to assist with Thai residency application. As I was considering applying myself I thought it might be helpful if someone could do the leg work for me. Their fee is 750,000 baht blink.png and they guarantee that residency will be approved within 18 months, no Thai language skills required.

A few comments on lawyers for PR

1.Most people with knowledge will tell you they are not necessary.They are right.

2.What this particular outfit promise cannot in fact be promised - because it is not within their power to guarantee a result.No decent immigration lawyer would agree payment by result.A decent lawyer would examine your situation and advise whether you were likely to qualify or not.

3.Those who qualify for and achieve PR meet very clear criteria (as advised by Camerata, Arkady etc).There's no mystery here.

4.Thai language skills are modest but they are not non-existent.

5.In terms of putting the docs together a decent secretary would be as good as a lawyer (tho she/he might want a modicum of guidance).

5.For those with the financial wherewithal and disinclination to put the documentation together, a reliable lawyer/legal firm could make sense.

6.A poor choice of lawyer (eg the outfit referenced) could be worse than no lawyer at all.

7.Avoid all lawyers that pitch to a farang clientele - the usual bottom feeders

I used Sunbelt Asia and they were very good and not expensive but that was in 2006. Less than 25k baht if I remember

Sounds as though the original OP was being scammed. If you have time as suggested do it your self.