Norwegian falls to his death from South Pattaya Condominium

webfact

Norwegian falls to his death from South Pattaya Condominium

norway-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 46 year old Norwegian fell from a 6th floor apartment balcony at a South Pattaya Condominium on Wednesday Afternoon.

The incident has been recorded as a suicide and resulted in the death of Mr. Haakon Halvorsen aged 46 at the Center Condotel located off the South Pattaya Road.

The victim fell onto the car park at the rear of the building and his identity was confirmed by Khun Chonchanok aged 25, his girlfriend of 1 ½ months who was called to the scene by friends.

She revealed to Police that Mr. Halvorsen had asked her to leave him for a time as he was experiencing serious problems in Norway and he wanted to be alone.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/105316/norwegian-falls-death-south-pattaya-condominium/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-10

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how they actually do this?? Do they ask friends to come and help or do they wait until the guy is leaning over and give him a push?

I fear you are jumping to the wrong conclusion. The report indicates his g/f was called to the scene so was not actually present when he fell/jumped. Sad but too common, and yes, pun intended.

• Like 1

But there's a story like this every day in Pattaya on Thai Visa. There has to be some relationship. Are people buying condos and then getting killed so the condos revert back the Thai companies because foreigners can't pass condos onto other people after they die?

There's got to be some larger scheme in play here? It can't all be coincidence, that every day people are murdered in their apartments in Pattaya, or jump.

"...because foreigners can't pass condos onto other people after they die?"

My condo is passing to "other people" when I die. No Thai companies involved. All official in my Thai will.

"But there's a story like this every day in Pattaya on Thai Visa. There has to be some relationship."

I guess simple minds prefer simple explanations.

There are also stories about farang drinking too much and doing drugs and wandering the streets begging and destitute and threatening to jump because the girlfriends are leaving them, suffering from serious illness ... Do you suppose all the booze, drugs, money issues, pathetic confusion of sex with love, illnesses have any relation to it?

The stories of farang threatening to jump ... do you think their girls friends are standing behind them using ventriloquism?

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Ten yes TEN disrespectful posts and smart Alec comments also quoted replies removed.

Because they are feeling anti-Thailand.....whatever..not at the poor guys expense...and of course his family.

...says who....???

...'gf' 1 1/2 months.....???

...what language did they communicate in...???

How is that last sentence of your post of any relevance to anything?

Do you know she wasn't his girlfriend of whatever period of time, why all the question marks?

• Like 2

Its become so embarrassing that this forum now has so many members who are simply dickheads and think they know it all. Forum is becoming a media for these idiots. Pity they don't have a life outside the bars

BECOME???

I see you haven't been a member for long.

• Like 1

But there's a story like this every day in Pattaya on Thai Visa. There has to be some relationship. Are people buying condos and then getting killed so the condos revert back the Thai companies because foreigners can't pass condos onto other people after they die?

There's got to be some larger scheme in play here? It can't all be coincidence, that every day people are murdered in their apartments in Pattaya, or jump.

It may seem like it happens every day, but I suspect that it is not more common than many other places in the world. However in other parts journalists seek out other topics to write about. Any death is a tragedy, but can't TV focus on other things happening in Pattaya and try to find something positive to balance the bad? No wonder people get a downer on the place when they see the headlines every day.

its very sad. I was his next door neighbor on level 6. His room was right next to mine. He was quiet and kept to himself. I would only say hello when we meet on the corridor. I saw him 1hr before on the balcony with his shirt off and his back to me. Im glad I didn't witness the event. He did like my cat when it ran into his room he wanted to feed it and give her some food. I don't believe there was any foul play.

• Like 2

I don't understand why there seem to be so many of these incidents at that particular building?

Ghosts?

Something in the air?

Have you been there? It's kind of depressing.

Yes indeed Jingthing but I'm sure they could do something to make the place feel less depressing because it's a fairly convenient location. I talked to a couple of ladies that worked in Bualuang securities office that was on the mezzanine level . They closed the office down but the girls were not happy to work there because of that very reason-their fear of ghosts in the building.

RIP to friends and family of Mr Haakon Halvorsen another sad tale from Pattaya and very young for these days only 46 tragic he did not have a close friend who he could confide in and talk to regarding his home problems rather than take this very final no return form of action.

My condo is held in my name under foreign quota, and yes, when I die my dear wife will have it passed on to her in my will. Funnily enough it is a ground floor condo, as she wanted a ground floor

condo. But I also have her believe that my will states that I am to die of natural causes, and if any foul play is involved she is to get nothing, lol. I love her to bits. And the only reason that it appears

that there are so many suicides in Thailand is because Thailand still report it as news. They gave up reporting suicides in the media in Australia in the early 1970's. It was commonplace prior to that.

Do some posters keep in mind that the man's family might read this forum?

I agree with thailandtony: some of the haters should just pack up and leave.

Don't you just LOVE Thailand!

Address some facts, criticise some illness and then you are stamped a hater and need to go back home.

No one hates anything or anyone without a reason.

Hate may develop when you are crucified for criticising.

Hate may develop when you are crucified for not accepting any/every shit dumped at you.

Hate may develop when you are being forced to RESPECT the despicable disrepect and discrimination dumped on you.

Hate may develop when you are being discriminated for being NOT A THAI

And who is the hater here, if any, you sick minded?

I am pretty sure you'll receive some kinda medal for your brave patriotism.

Did you ever stop to consider that "maybe it's you"? More specifically maybe it's your style. There's nothing wrong with expressing your disagreements and criticisms ... hell, I love a good ... but friendly ... debate. However, try doing it politely ... or at least with civility ... and maybe you won't get so much negative feedback on your comments.

Hate is a choice. Virtually everyone has reasons to hate, and yet most don't. However, some people make it their life's career ... esp. certain ones here on TV.com.

Edited by HerbalEd

What on earth are you talking about. Why would the condo be in a Thai company name? A foreigner can own a condo outright, and will it to whoever he pleases.

Suicides happen, and a resort type place/ last fling concept makes Pattaya a possible venue.

Aren't there more suicides in South Korea and China....?