New THAIVISA daily news emails - too much?

isaanbrit

Does anyone else find the new daily emails that we get too much?

The weekly emails that we used to get on a Sunday were perfect, as they summarized the weeks news to read when you had a moment. Now we get the same amount as that, every day. For me this is too much as it takes too long going through articles which are not relevant. Daily emails are fine, if they're short but if not then weekly emails would be better. Ideally, I think we should have a choice whether to receive everything (like we do now) or only the more important articles as we used to.

Thaivisa is an invaluable source of information to me, I just feel that there has now become too much junk. What does anyone else think?

Maybe TV should do a bit of a survey on perceptions towards the new email bulletins? TV?

I think the daily email entitled "Today's best Thai visa topics" is sometimes a bit too much. Some of the topics are nonsensical and others are not at all clear from their headings what they are about, so why would anyone want to click on them. Worst of all blocked topics are sometimes included, perhaps with a warning that the topic is not suitable for TV. In this case how could it be regarded as one of the day's best topics?

I would think that a bit more selectivity might encourage more people to read the emails and avoid turning people off. I personally liked the weekly format much better too. If it has to be daily, then it would be better to cut out the dead wood first.

Apparently we must do something very right as we have in excess of 200,000 subscribers to our newsletters. :)

"Today's best Thai visa topics" is an automated newsletter which is not edited nor proof read.

Our newsletters from "Thaivisa News editor" is manually created by our editors.

If you feel you want to unsubscribe from any of our newsletter products, please find info on unsubscribing at the bottom of each newsletter.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi George, I don't think anyone questions the popularity or usefulness of thaivisa newsletters as an essential tool for us living in Thailand, but that doesn't mean that things can't always be improved based on members needs and opinions.

The high number of subscribers is not a measure of how much people like the structure and content of the newsletters. I am one of these 200,000 subscribers and I don't want to unsubscribe, because there's no better place to get my news, but I feel that there's too many links being sent every day and I think that should be limited slightly. ("Interest in Dawei will continue" and "Help a brother out: What phone to buy?" could go, for example.

Rather than shrugging off my valuable member feedback, why not ask other members if they share my opinion or yours? It can't hurt

Edited by isaanbrit