Ducati Hypermotard/Hyperstrada 2013 Thailand

ll2

Issues I did not have:

- Issues with fueling - the throttle is on a hair trigger but that's the way it should be. So far did not notice issues with stalling.

- Issues with seat. Toughen up, people tongue.png or yeah if you want the La-Z-Boy kind of feel, go for the strada

Edited by nikster

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one nikster. I am a little jealous cause I really like this bike but I am just too short. Which is why iam waiting for the monster 796 less power and less technology but fine for my purposes. Enjoy you new ride!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nice one nikster. I am a little jealous cause I really like this bike but I am just too short. Which is why iam waiting for the monster 796 less power and less technology but fine for my purposes. Enjoy you new ride!

Well the 796 is not a bad bike either and at least you didn't buy the 795 and tearing your hair out in frustrating by now.

Congt on the bike Nikster.

I will go try the Strada next week here in Pattaya and then take it from there.

I´m to short too, I just try not to stop. lol

Edited by woli10

I wouldn't feel save not being able to have my feet stable on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hili, you might place your foot down with hyperstrada - if you like strada of course.

did you try to sit on it? I am 182 cm but short inseam and i found it quite OK.

Edited by ll2

hili, you might place your foot down with hyperstrada - if you like strada of course.

did you try to sit on it? I am 5.9 and i found it quite OK.

Didn't tried the strada cause I don't like it much. Not my style. Anyway iam 1.67 so that's the main problem :) actually that's a reason why I moved here hehehe

Issues I did not have:

- Issues with fueling - the throttle is on a hair trigger but that's the way it should be. So far did not notice issues with stalling.

- Issues with seat. Toughen up, people tongue.png or yeah if you want the La-Z-Boy kind of feel, go for the strada

Congrats nikster.

Concerning fuelling issue, I don't think you are going to have any but you have to wait until you are really going to twist the throttle before that can be concluded.

did you try to sit on it? I am 5.9 and i found it quite OK.

Didn't tried the strada cause I don't like it much. Not my style. Anyway iam 1.67 so that's the main problem smile.png actually that's a reason why I moved here hehehe

gotcha!

• Like 1

Was visiting Ducati Pattaya again today.

Had another sit on the Motard and Strada and I still likes the Strada best but okay I am an old guy at 51, lol.

Will do a test ride on Monday.

If I do a down payment on 250K baht and have the rest on finance it will be 24X13725 on the rest which is not too bad.

She told me that they might go up 20k baht next year for the whole range but was not 100% sure.

She also told me that the 796 is made in Thailand, shop was filled with 795's but no 796's, sat on the 795, no thanks.

A young Thai lady on a 795 arrived at the shop when I left, nice to see her dressed properly up with leather jacket, bike boots and gloves, she did look sexy but since my wife was there as well I didn't talk to her, he-he.

• Like 2

It's the best bike ever; I love mine!!

But, I did have the over fueling problem. Not at the pump, where I didn't overfill it I don't think, but afterwards I went to grab a bite to eat and parked it on an incline in front of the restaurant.

After lunch I rocked back up to my brand new Ducati, turned the key and pressed the starter ready to impress the restaurant staff ,half of whom were outside admiring it, only to find it wouldn't start sad.png

After rolling it onto level ground and letting it sit for a few minutes, it finally started. There was a bit of gas leakage under the bike. So not only don't overfill it but be careful when it's full not to park on a hill.

• Like 1

Absolutely <deleted> awesome machine! Just had a 50km ride down Ramkamhaeng road - direction Minburi and loved every second of it. In sports mode this thing is a beast! Went up to 130km/h and felt stable and comfortable - wind wasn't much of an issue. I think I could go at speeds between 130-150 km/h for several hours. I also liked the seat - didn't feel too hard at all in my book. Can't wait to take her out again tomorrow!!

Dude you need to take it easy the first 100 miles, change gears constantly, never above 6000 revs... I know its hard 555

Never leave in 6th gear for long periods, and no going at the same revs for long periods

The user manual says 1000 km with less than 6000 rpm but I think thats a bit overly cautious

Dude you need to take it easy the first 100 miles, change gears constantly, never above 6000 revs... I know its hard 555

Never leave in 6th gear for long periods, and no going at the same revs for long periods

The user manual says 1000 km with less than 6000 rpm but I think thats a bit overly cautious

nikster, is it possible to attach the user manual for hypermotard? or the link.

I really appreciate it if you do so.

Thanks.

Triumph any day of they week.

Only good think the ducati over a kawa is the breaks and slighly lighter. Triumph not cheap to maintain but a mans bike. Im saving for the triple speed r.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good for you Roy of England

• Like 2

i want to buy another bike as my old 11 years Monster S4 needs a companion ,, have tried the hypers but they are too tall and ugly ,,,,streetfigter 848 is lovely but too expensive ,, monster 795 is fine but iI hate the high level exhausts so its a no no as there is no other low level option options ,, 796 would be perfect if it was available at 450k or less i like the single side swing arm and exhausts but Ducati pattaya cant confirm price or availability ???? my max budget is 450k,

tried the new Kawasaki Z800 ,its lovely and handles well but i cant love smooth 4 cylinder engines ,,,

i want to buy another bike as my old 11 years Monster S4 needs a companion ,, have tried the hypers but they are too tall and ugly ,,,,streetfigter 848 is lovely but too expensive ,, monster 795 is fine but iI hate the high level exhausts so its a no no as there is no other low level option options ,, 796 would be perfect if it was available at 450k or less i like the single side swing arm and exhausts but Ducati pattaya cant confirm price or availability ???? my max budget is 450k,

tried the new Kawasaki Z800 ,its lovely and handles well but i cant love smooth 4 cylinder engines ,,,

Hmm that is strange, I got the price list from Ducati Pattaya this week and the 796 is listed to 449500 (ABS Corse Stipe).

Maybe they are holding back info until the Motor Expo 30/11 - 10/12?

No worries mate - I kept an eye on the rpm's and didn't go over 6000. And gear changes - more than I wish for here in Bangkok...

Still had to try the sports mode though! I think it will be my default mode once the engine has been broken in. Just feels so right on this thing thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

You must be a bit confused as the M796 has the same exhaust design as the M795. The only Monsters with a different exhaust design are the M1100 Evo which is no longer on sale and the M1200 which should be available in Thailand next year. The M1200 won't be 450,000 THB. Hopefully the Monster will be given the Testastretta 800cc 110bhp engine which is in the Hypermotard next year.

nikster, is it possible to attach the user manual for hypermotard? or the link.

I really appreciate it if you do so.

Thanks.

You can download it from here:

http://www.ducati.com/services/maintenance/index.do

• Like 1

i want to buy another bike as my old 11 years Monster S4 needs a companion ,, have tried the hypers  but they are too tall and ugly ,,,,streetfigter 848 is lovely but too expensive ,, monster 795 is fine but iI hate the high level exhausts  so its a no no as there is no other low level option options  ,, 796 would be perfect if it was available at 450k or less i like the single side swing arm and exhausts  but Ducati pattaya cant confirm price or availability ???? my max budget is 450k,

tried the new Kawasaki Z800 ,its lovely and handles well but i cant love  smooth 4 cylinder engines ,,,

You must be a bit confused as the M796 has the same exhaust design as the M795. The only Monsters with a different exhaust design are the M1100 Evo which is no longer on sale and the M1200 which should be available in Thailand next year. The M1200 won't be 450,000 THB. Hopefully the Monster will be given the Testastretta 800cc 110bhp engine which is in the Hypermotard next year.

There wont be any other monsters the 696, 796 are continued and the 1100 is replaced by the 1200. Which I think is a good combination cause the v2 air cooled engines are nice and not everybody wants/needs a water cooled engine or its power.

The M796 has exhaust on the side like 1100 not under the seat like the 696 and 795

My apologies ,, yes 796 has underseat exhausts ,, so i have confused it with the 1100,,,

shame because really need another bike ,, but no way can i live with those exhausts , and the 1100 is too pricey here .

now if the 1100 pipes would fit 796 ??????

Edited by liddelljohn