Hospital Warns Of 'Drugging & Robbing' Gang

Lite Beer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do lots of members believe word for word these news stories ? This is the media we are talking about and anyone that has had close involvement with media will appreciate that there are normally lots of inaccuracies - especially in the headlines - once you read most news stories on this site they are full of holes and counter contradictions.................

I was brought up to think "believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see" but the resident Thai bashers who haunt this site lap these stories up and beg for more. Could not think of anything worse than moving half way around the world and settling in a new country and spending the rest of my life complaining about that country, it's people and culture and it's religion. I am sure in some countries it is actually against the law to do so. Besides that there is TV Forum rule #8, which these seditionists are probably not aware of.

I'm not usually either a hater or a "rose tinted glasses" wearer when it comes to Thailand,

I try my level best to come down in the middle of these issues,

but when they're robbing people in hospital's...I guess that's a step too far for me.

I would LITERALLY torture someone to death for doing that to any of my family,call me wrong,tell me two wrongs don't make a right etc,but SOMEONE has to teach a very graphic lesson to Thai people(again,as I said,only the small soulless,demonic minority) that enough is enough,what with the brutal murders for pocket change,and now this new low,there needs to be a backlash.

Wow, this is more potent than the drama my wife constantly watches on Thai television. Congratulations on reaching such lofty heights ! clap2.gif

• Like 1

I have no facts but I was talking to my wife a couple of weeks ago and she told me the robbery's are fairly common outside government hospitals where many people mill around. People are told not to go alone into the parking lots at night. Anyway, it a interesting that this came up.

So after get robbed by the doctor and the hospital itself with the huge bills. The small money left in your pocket will be taken also.

wonder if they will also rob you of your organs.... whistling.gif

dont put ideas in their head bender not that you need to

organs have been stolen in india before and sold

the india stories were not real.

they were email 'chain letter' stories when the internet was just getting popular (20+ years ago).

Why do lots of members believe word for word these news stories ? This is the media we are talking about and anyone that has had close involvement with media will appreciate that there are normally lots of inaccuracies - especially in the headlines - once you read most news stories on this site they are full of holes and counter contradictions.................

I was brought up to think "believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see" but the resident Thai bashers who haunt this site lap these stories up and beg for more. Could not think of anything worse than moving half way around the world and settling in a new country and spending the rest of my life complaining about that country, it's people and culture and it's religion. I am sure in some countries it is actually against the law to do so. Besides that there is TV Forum rule #8, which these seditionists are probably not aware of.

I'm not usually either a hater or a "rose tinted glasses" wearer when it comes to Thailand,

I try my level best to come down in the middle of these issues,

but when they're robbing people in hospital's...I guess that's a step too far for me.

I would LITERALLY torture someone to death for doing that to any of my family,call me wrong,tell me two wrongs don't make a right etc,but SOMEONE has to teach a very graphic lesson to Thai people(again,as I said,only the small soulless,demonic minority) that enough is enough,what with the brutal murders for pocket change,and now this new low,there needs to be a backlash.

Wow, this is more potent than the drama my wife constantly watches on Thai television. Congratulations on reaching such lofty heights ! clap2.gif

5555555555555555 You know the old saying, "None so blind as those who will not see." 'Reminds me of that fat old German POW camp guard in the tv series who, upon witnessing POWs up to some mischief or other, would shut his eyes tight and shout, "I zee NUT-TING!!" C'mon all you thai-haters out there! It NEVER happened! You actually see nothing, hear nothing, and most of all KNOW nothing!! Edited by hawker9000

This is A VERY OLD TRICK so wake up and smell the coffee! The trick is often played on buses and trains in the Far East. Typically an orange or a banana will be injected with the sedative.

After a while the passenger sitting next to you will take out an orange and offer one to you as well. The passengers orange is OK but your orange has been drugged. When you wake up you discover that your wallet, phone, passport and money have gone and so has the friendly passenger!

I also know of another Far Eastern trick. Its the taxi that has a trap-door boot (trunk in American English) You hire the taxi and the very polite taxi driver insists on putting your luggage in the boot. When the car reaches the place where his accomplices are he releases the trap-door and the luggage falls out. (the spring loaded trap-door then closes itself and locks)

At the destination the taxi driver opens the boot for you but whilst you are throwing a fit about your missing luggage he drives off! The trick is allegedly quite common in the Philippines. Take care!

I also know of another Far Eastern trick. Its the taxi that has a trap-door boot (trunk in American English) You hire the taxi and the very polite taxi driver insists on putting your luggage in the boot. When the car reaches the place where his accomplices are he releases the trap-door and the luggage falls out. (the spring loaded trap-door then closes itself and locks)

Thank God for that ! I thought you were going to say if you don't pay the fare a guy dressed as Batman leaps out of the trap door and rogers you. biggrin.png

I always try to get familiar with the nurses before they string up the IV drip. A sponge bath also helps break the ice with strangers.

If I ever meet you it will be a handshake only, no sponge bath for you. biggrin.png And I suppose you are the guy who joins a queue and stands uncomfortably close to person in front of you just to see how long it takes them to leave. clap2.gif

My wife is so paranoid about thieves it drives me crazy. She spent 4 days in hospital last month in Chiang Mai and stressed about being robbed the whole time. Every time I came back to the room she asked me if I locked the car to which I replied "No, I left the doors open and the motor running and a large wad of cash in the ashtray".................

• Like 2

So after get robbed by the doctor and the hospital itself with the huge bills. The small money left in your pocket will be taken also.

I wonder why your post is so negative. The organ robbing is also mystifying. Any details on your comment?

wonder if they will also rob you of your organs.... xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

Thanks, your post reminded me to put the garbage out. biggrin.png

This kind of thing goes on in every nursing home and hospital around the world, so don't be too quick to Thai-ize the problem. Other prestigious places just have more resources to do cover ups.

Every nursing home and hospital in the world? You know there just has to be some prize for this level of impossible exaggeration... It's so ridiculous there's no point in even refuting it.

This kind of thing goes on in every nursing home and hospital around the world, so don't be too quick to Thai-ize the problem. Other prestigious places just have more resources to do cover ups.

Correct, but your comment will probably fall on deaf ears, as will mine.

All you compulsive Thai bashers will be saddened to know these crimes are not uniquely Thai.

And sometimes it leaks out and makes the news. I just read some stories from around the world including - A woman in Ireland who was robbed while giving birth at University Maternity Hospital Limerick (there were other incidents at this hospital as well) , a woman robbed while staying at the Langley Memorial Hospital in Canada, and a musician who was robbed as he was dying in the waiting room of a Frankford hospital, in Philadelphia. Just Google "robbed while in hospital"

So get off your high horses and accept the fact that any low-down crimes committed in Thailand are probably happening in your home country as well.

Every nursing home and hospital in the world? You know there just has to be some prize for this level of impossible exaggeration... It's so ridiculous there's no point in even refuting it.

Talking about prizes, yours probably deserves a prize as well. The word "ridiculous" comes to mind.

Edited by mikemac

Generally (genitally) speaking the nurse was not interested in my organs.

• Like 1

This is terrble. Lower than low !

Don't recall which developed country but remember hearing about a comatose woman on a ventilator that was impregnated by a hospital worker.

Using veterinary sedative on people is dangerous business.

If the criminals really want money why target the public hospital when the private ones have more affluent patients and families?

The public hospitals are probably a little more crowded and the security is a little more lax. There are a lot of people coming and going.

A friend of mine came with me to a private hospital and he was sitting watching the television when one of the nursing staff came up and asked him who he was and why he was there. She had seen that he had not 'checked-in' at the nursing station. He told her he was waiting for me. No problem, but they do tend to notice.

• Like 1

This is quite frankly ridiculous. In 20 years of working in hospitals , and associted setting I have never, ever heard of such stuff. Always been petty theft, etc, but this is a new low.

um less experience than that but from the other side I see this as good opportunity, why fight and risk getting hurt, it makes perfect sense if you are into robbing

A sad story of thievery of people already at a low point being ill and hospitalized. When I was in a hospital in Korat in August, my partner did warn me to hide my belongings, I was in a private hospital and felt completely safe. No strangers walking in or out. It wasn't at all like some of the public hospitals where relatives are living in the hospital and strangers are roaming the halls without identification. Is this crime wave happening in private as well as public hospitals to anyone's knowledge?