Warrant to be issued for man who drugged and robbed woman in hospital

Lite Beer

CRIME IN HOSPITAL
Warrant to be issued for man who drugged and robbed woman in hospital
The Sunday Nation

30216954-01_big.gif

Picture taken by security cameras show the suspect, in red circle, who drugged and robbed a 69-year-old woman at Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Police will issue an arrest warrant tomorrow for a male suspect who allegedly drugged and robbed a 69-year-old woman at Bangkok's Ramathibodi Hospital, before fleeing with her Bt12,000 cell phone and Bt2,000 in cash on October 4.

Phayathai superintendent Pol Col Saman Rodkamnerd yesterday said the recent assault and robbery was similar to an incident on March 20 at Priest Hospital, but he could not yet confirmed if it was the same culprit.

The Ramathibodi attacker, who was captured in security camera footage, is approximately 160cm-tall and was wearing a long-sleeve black shirt and jeans at the time of the assault. His nose and mouth were also covered.

Phayathai police investigations have discovered that the culprit used the colourless and odourless sedative Xylazine - generally used by veterinarians for sedating and anaesthetising animals. There is a high risk of overdose and death, if wrongly administered to humans, Saman said.

Police will distribute the suspect's pictures to some 10 hospitals in the area today, after the warrant is issued, he said.

Ramathibodi Hospital has issued an announcement to warn patients and their relatives that there is a gang at large pretending to be medical staff, but intent of stealing their valuables. They are urged not to receive food or water from any strangers, and not to leave their food and drink unattended.

On Friday, Phayathai police investigator Pol Lt-Colonel Banyong Dammankong said that since the beginning of the month, at least three people had reported being robbed in this way at three hospitals: Ramathibodi, Priest and Rajavithi.

According to the Food and Drug Administration, Xylazine is registered and classified as a dangerous medicine. People are allowed to buy the drug without a doctor’s prescription, as it is intended for non-human use.

In humans, anyone taking the drug would become sleepy and develop a change in blood pressure. Affected people would breathe slowly and have high a level of sugar in their blood, as well as a very dry mouth, according to the FDA.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-13

Why do they need a warrant ?

The police it seems identified the culprit there is admittance from the police a crime was committed so why not just arrest the criminal as happens elsewhere in the world .

Too simple I suppose and of course such a sharp action would of course no doubt hinder the ''plea bargaining fee'' payable by suspect thus affecting the projected income of the police invoved in the matter. actually being convicted n

• Like 1

From OP: "The Ramathibodi attacker, who was captured in security camera footage, is approximately 160cm-tall and was wearing a long-sleeve black shirt and jeans at the time of the assault. His nose and mouth were also covered."

So, the photo at the top of the post is not the culprit? He's wearing a short-sleeved shirt... huh.png

I got robbed in the Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok while I was admitted in March 2013 for 4 days. I had a couple of kidney stones and was in lots of pain. I never knew that I was robbed till I was released. I was missing my wallet containing my passport, driving license, credit cards and some cash.

It must have happened on the first day that I was admitted because the robber or someone else spend over 400,000.- THB on purchases that day on my credit cards in several shops in Bangkok (daily limit). I had to lend money to pay my hospital bill of 122,000.-. When I was admitted I paid 50,000 THB prepaiment with one of my credit cards. (total cost 172k)

When I reported the theft at the police (together with my girlfriend), she was told that my insurrance would pay anyway and it wasn't a big crime, they had more serious claims from farangs at the Bangkok Hospital. Well up to now, my insurrance hasn't paid a dime while it didn't cover theft. Next to this I have a bad record at the credit card companies for the moment. (The only card I have now is a debit Visa card from Bangkok Bank.)

Due to the theft of my passport, I had to apply a new passport at my embassy (Dutch) what took them over 2 months, overstaying my visa by 45 days (20,000 THB). This was a very expensive trick they have played on me. I still think that staff of Bangkok Hospital is involved.

Edited by BKK Connection

I got robbed in the Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok while I was admitted in March 2013 for 4 days. I had a couple of kidney stones and was in lots of pain. I never knew that I was robbed till I was released. I was missing my wallet containing my passport, driving license, credit cards and some cash.

It must have happened on the first day that I was admitted because the robber or someone else spend over 400,000.- THB on purchases that day on my credit cards in several shops in Bangkok (daily limit). I had to lend money to pay my hospital bill of 122,000.-. When I was admitted I paid 50,000 THB prepaiment with one of my credit cards. (total cost 172k)

When I reported the theft at the police (together with my girlfriend), she was told that my insurrance would pay anyway and it wasn't a big crime, they had more serious claims from farangs at the Bangkok Hospital. Well up to now, my insurrance hasn't paid a dime while it didn't cover theft. Next to this I have a bad record at the credit card companies for the moment. (The only card I have now is a debit Visa card from Bangkok Bank.)

Due to the theft of my passport, I had to apply a new passport at my embassy (Dutch) what took them over 2 months, overstaying my visa by 45 days (20,000 THB). This was a very expensive trick they have played on me. I still think that staff of Bangkok Hospital is involved.

Disgraceful. This lot has no shame whatsoever.