Abhisit calls on PM Yingluck to reveal truth on bartering rice for high-speed train

webfact

fab4

In response to your post #84.

The 5Tr baht is made up of the 2.2Tr loan plus over 3Tr baht to be repaid over a 50 year period.

Did you really believe that the loan is interest free?

The first tranch merely gets the HST to Khon Kaen, Hat Yai and Phitsanulok. To go further than that needs about 5Tr baht which the government "hopes" that somebody else will pay for.

One of the legacies from the PTP to my 9 year old son is the enormous losses that the rice scam is costing the country.

Another is that my son will be paying for the PTP to build a HST with a loan that will NOT be paid off until my son will be 59.

You of course won't pay anything.

No I don't believe that the 2 Trillion baht loan is interest free, that would be stupid. But then I don't think that all the 2 trillion baht is going to be spent on the HST to Khon Kaen, Hat Yai and Phitsanulok either, because that would be really stupid.

Don't underestimate this government as they are capable of doing anything, no matter how stupid it may seem to normal/clever people!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you understood the difference between the entire infrastructure project and the HST portion of that Project and their respective costs I might take your attempt at condescension bit more seriously.

Ah fab4 it is great that you know just what all the 2.2 trillion is to be spent on.

Excellent, so please you can enlighten me as I have wondered where it will all go.

And of course in your breakdown of all the projects you will include the respective costs.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

If you understood the difference between the entire infrastructure project and the HST portion of that Project and their respective costs I might take your attempt at condescension bit more seriously.

Ah fab4 it is great that you know just what all the 2.2 trillion is to be spent on.

Excellent, so please you can enlighten me as I have wondered where it will all go.

And of course in your breakdown of all the projects you will include the respective costs.

Thank you in advance.

Yes sure, here it is

Of the total budget of Bt2.2 trillion, 64 per cent will fund 31 rail-related projects, 24 per cent will go to 13 road projects, 7 per cent to seven water-transport projects, and 4.75 per cent to four air-transport projects.

Ultimately, these projects are expected to improve linkages between Thailand and its Asean neighbours, reduce logistics costs, deal with growing traffic congestion, and boost tourism revenue.

New investments in rail projects are designed to reduce logistics costs, which now account for 15.2 per cent of gross domestic product, against 8.3 per cent in the United States.

The cost is high as freight transport is 86 per cent by road, though this mode is the most polluting and most dangerous to life.30197376-01_big.jpghttp://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Thailands-location-drives-transport-investment-pla-30197376.html

Out of the two-trillion-baht fund, 40 percent, or over 700 billion baht, will be spent on the high-speed train system, which covers 1,350 kilometers nationwide. The high-speed train project consists of four routes. http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=6942&a=2
Edited by fab4

fab4

In response to your post #84.

The 5Tr baht is made up of the 2.2Tr loan plus over 3Tr baht to be repaid over a 50 year period.

Did you really believe that the loan is interest free?

The first tranch merely gets the HST to Khon Kaen, Hat Yai and Phitsanulok. To go further than that needs about 5Tr baht which the government "hopes" that somebody else will pay for.

One of the legacies from the PTP to my 9 year old son is the enormous losses that the rice scam is costing the country.

Another is that my son will be paying for the PTP to build a HST with a loan that will NOT be paid off until my son will be 59.

You of course won't pay anything.

Can I presume that you are not in favour of it then!!

Not really done the PTP way. All off budget, No checks or balances. No definite planning or EIA checks done. No projected costs or returns.

Just trust us as we know what is best for you.

The voters from Isaan will find out some time in the far future, that they have been used for the profit of some wealthy few...

At least they weren't feed into the meat grinder of the military industrial complex and sent to fight and die for over a decade in two wars in far off lands in search of non-existant WMDs. That is reserved for the supposedly better educated masses in countries like the UK and the USA.

Thank you in advance.

Did my post #92

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/674425-abhisit-calls-on-pm-yingluck-to-reveal-truth-on-bartering-rice-for-high-speed-train/page-4#entry6942039

help you, 'cos you didn't really say?

Might do well to recall the Autobahn building campaign initiated by one Herr Schicklrgruber xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.Ta1j7I9wik.w in Germany in the early to mid 1930's.

When his grand plan for world domination opened with his European grand tour his employees traversed Europe with amazing speed and efficiency.

Many branch offices were opened and staffed by his nationals in alien sovereign states, sadly though the benefits they brought were not that impressive and there was a general dislike of the grand tour throughout the world, which of course resulted in many other nations emulating the grand tour scenario in which many were killed and injured, displaced and general chaos reigned for some 5 or so years.

I certainly would state without fear of contradiction that all these latter day schemes so enthusiastically backed and subsequently financed by China are based on Herr Schicklegrumers original draft plan, the only difference being the location I.E. Asia and its bordering regions. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.Ta1j7I9wik.w

The Thai's and all the other countries that have been approached by China concerning this high speed rail link.might do well to consider the long term aims of China.

Beware of the imperial aspirations of China and its planned occupation of the region and beyond. ''Slowly slowly catchee monkey.''

This Chinese proffered chalice of a high speed rail network is in my view a poisoned chalice, sadly it's going to be a few years hence before the poison works then there will be no antidote and China will have a wonderful return on their investment paid for by their victims

I agree wholeheartedly. There appears to be a feeling of kinship with the mainland going on here.

Very very naive.

The voters from Isaan will find out some time in the far future, that they have been used for the profit of some wealthy few...

Do you really think this group:attachicon.gif20126242346684734_20.jpg

will question Dear Leader and his cohorts??

The Photo of the Shinawatra clan being held aloft,says it all really,realising they have been used,and enlightenment is not going to come any time soon!

• Like 1