Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand accused of aiding protestors

webfact

PTP always whining about something or another.

And if he is helping the protestors, so what? They're exercising their right to protest and unlike the red idiots, they're neither threatening anyone nor breaking any laws.

"And if he is helping the protestors, so what"

Do you honestly see nothing wrong with the Mayor of Bangkok supporting anti government supporters (basically abusing public funds)? <deleted>.

If you are so worried about abusing public funds, the rice scam must be keeping you awake at night, right?

• Like 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if he is helping the protestors, so what? They're exercising their right to protest and unlike the red idiots, they're neither threatening anyone nor breaking any laws.

Do you honestly see nothing wrong with the Mayor of Bangkok supporting anti government supporters (basically abusing public funds)? <deleted>.

If you are so worried about abusing public funds, the rice scam must be keeping you awake at night, right?

Last time I looked this thread was about "Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand accused of aiding protesters" not the Rice Funding Scheme, or me, for that matter.

Edited by fab4

Last time I looked this thread was about "Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand accused of aiding protesters" not the Rice Funding Scheme, or me, for that matter.

You're absolutely right, oh Fabulous One. The topic is the Bangkok Governor accused of aiding anti-government protesters. No surprise, he has a reputation of doing that. Why, hardly more than three years ago he practically gave the city keys to a (grenade lobbing) horde of anti-government protesters allowing them to terrorise the local population. As if Alaric and his Goths had returned!

Now if only the Bangkok Electorate had voted in the right candidate earlier this year. The 'can I help?', retread Pol. General was promised seemless co-ordination from and with the government by our dear PM Yingluck herself. After his election, she said. One may be excused to wonder how that would have worked out for anti-government protesters. Probably the expenditure of four policemen for every protester to make sure they wouldn't stumble walking to the bathroom in the night?

So you agree with my comment about being off topic and then proceed to do the same yourself. The user name is fab4,

Would you prefer it at Ratchaprasong?

Not up to me. It just seems strange to me if you have originally arranged to negotiate a demonstration area like Lumpini why then go and encourage other demonstration sites around the city?

Why not?

Because the locals object?

Pol Maj-General Adul Narongsak, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, said residents of the Prajaechin Market Community had filed complaints at the Phyathai police station against the Students and People Network for Thailand Reform.

Adul said residents complained that the demonstrations at the intersection on the outbound Rama VI Road, which began last Thursday, prevented them from entering their homes.

Moreover, mobile toilets were set up in front of their houses, causing foul odours. Wastewater was flowing into houses and shops, turning away prospective customers.

Residents also complained that the use of a public address system, speeches and music on the stage left them unable to sleep at night. The rally also prevented shoppers from reaching the market. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/675133-bangkok-residents-want-urupong-protest-stopped/#entry6931956

As long as the local residents are not threatened, and their property is not stolen, damaged or burned down, they shouldn't complain. People should have understanding for these peaceful protestors who are worried that there tax money is being stolen by corrupt politicians.

fab4 post # 88
Residents also complained that the use of a public address system, speeches and music on the stage left them unable to sleep at night. The rally also prevented shoppers from reaching the market.

Indeed the local residents are within their rights to raise that issue, however it would be interesting to actually see revealed what individuals made those complaints and if they were or are motivated either politically or by a politically financially inspired motive to complain or a genuine desire for a less disturbing time ?.

My thoughts are along the line of the fact that they were motivated by political figures..

Bear in mind exactingly the same situation existed with the Red Shirt demonstrations. there was no response from those demonstrators then to lessen the noise pollution factor .

The more one reads of the posts of the above quoted character the more one is reminded of a recently banned poster.

Indeed the quoted poster is a master or mistress of bluster and waffle whose posts have more twist and turns in them than a bag of bagels.whistling.gif

As long as the local residents are not threatened, and their property is not stolen, damaged or burned down, they shouldn't complain. People should have understanding for these peaceful protestors who are worried that there tax money is being stolen by corrupt politicians.

So they shouldn't complain about this illegal demonstration,

(illegal because "the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration had informed the Metropolitan Police Bureau that the demonstrators had never asked for permission from the BMA to hold a rally on the public space.")

despite the fact that :

"Moreover, mobile toilets were set up in front of their houses, causing foul odours. Wastewater was flowing into houses and shops, turning away prospective customers."

All quotes from http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/675133-bangkok-residents-want-urupong-protest-stopped/#entry6931956

You must be fun to live near if you think that is reasonable.

So they shouldn't complain about this illegal demonstration,

(illegal because "the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration had informed the Metropolitan Police Bureau that the demonstrators had never asked for permission from the BMA to hold a rally on the public space.")

despite the fact that :

"Moreover, mobile toilets were set up in front of their houses, causing foul odours. Wastewater was flowing into houses and shops, turning away prospective customers."

All quotes from http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/675133-bangkok-residents-want-urupong-protest-stopped/#entry6931956

You must be fun to live near if you think that is reasonable.

Yes as I said, they shouldn't complain.

Am I fun to live near to? You want to try? But I think that a crybaby like you wouldn't survive.

You're absolutely right, oh Fabulous One. The topic is the Bangkok Governor accused of aiding anti-government protesters. No surprise, he has a reputation of doing that. Why, hardly more than three years ago he practically gave the city keys to a (grenade lobbing) horde of anti-government protesters allowing them to terrorise the local population. As if Alaric and his Goths had returned!

Now if only the Bangkok Electorate had voted in the right candidate earlier this year. The 'can I help?', retread Pol. General was promised seemless co-ordination from and with the government by our dear PM Yingluck herself. After his election, she said. One may be excused to wonder how that would have worked out for anti-government protesters. Probably the expenditure of four policemen for every protester to make sure they wouldn't stumble walking to the bathroom in the night?

So you agree with my comment about being off topic and then proceed to do the same yourself. The user name is fab4,

So, not so Fabulous One fab4, which part do you think is off topic ?

So, not so Fabulous One fab4, which part do you think is off topic ?

As dear fabby seems unlikely to answer, may I provide some more information to strengthen my point that the current governor is really notorious for supporting anti-government protesters?

In 2010 alone City Hall supplied 71 mobile toilet trucks and 134 portable toilet booths to anti-government protesters at Ratchaprasong intersection. Yesterday the other newspaper had Treedao Apaiwong, spokesperson for the BMA reveal interesting figures. All this goes on and on, with 18 mobile toilet trucks for Pitak Siam, 10 for the white masks and 3 (i.e. THREE) to the current mob at Uruphong.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Are you saying that if they weren't anti government then it would be OK? You seem to have made a distinction .

• Like 1