Bike rider slams into Phuket 18-wheeler and dies

webfact

Bike rider slams into Phuket 18-wheeler and dies
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Krisorn Srinonyang, 26, from Phayao Province died in Phuket, just after midnight this morning (October 16) when he drove his motorbike into the back of an 18-wheel truck.

The driver of the truck, Wichead Boonsong, 43, from Phattalung province, said that he had brought a load of steel from Songkhla. He was driving south along Thepkrassattree Rd, south of Thalang, and slowed down to look for his destination.

He heard the sound of an impact behind him and stopped to take a look. He discovered Mr Krisorn dead near the back of the truck. Nearby was Mr Krisorn’s motorbike.

Mr Krisorn’s body was taken to Thalang Hospital to await collection by his family.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/bike-rider-slams-into-phuket-18-wheeler-and-dies-42386.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-10-16

I wonder whether the truck had working tail lights. So many lorries travel at night without rear lights and on unlit roads they are almost impossible to spot ahead. I often drive (a car) from Kan to Bangkok very early in the morning (quiet roads, no red lights) and I should say 50% of the lorries have defective, mud encrusted or no rear lights. And the sugar cane lorries are the worst offenders. I never ride my bike at night. Far too dangerous. Yet another pointless, tragic death.

I agree and also there does not seem to be any investigation, from this article case closed. Surely a life is worth more.

I wonder whether the truck had working tail lights. So many lorries travel at night without rear lights and on unlit roads they are almost impossible to spot ahead. I often drive (a car) from Kan to Bangkok very early in the morning (quiet roads, no red lights) and I should say 50% of the lorries have defective, mud encrusted or no rear lights. And the sugar cane lorries are the worst offenders. I never ride my bike at night. Far too dangerous. Yet another pointless, tragic death.

I agree and also there does not seem to be any investigation, from this article case closed. Surely a life is worth more.

Sadly that seems to be the case in much of Asia. RIP the young motor bike driver.

.....or just swerve to the side.....or slam on the brakes......totally oblivious......

This just isn't logical but then again what in Thailand is...SO the trucker (half) admits to slowing down as opposed to being at a complete stop in the right of way perhaps while he looked for directions....

2 vehicles moving in the same direction, one faster than the other and "slams" into the back, I just can't see death. I;d put my money on the trucker having been stopped in the right of way instead...

But as other posters stated, it seems like the case is closed already with zero investigation into possible skid marks, kph etc.

For all we know the truck could have had steel sticking out past the back of the vehicle with no working lights, while Jr on the motorbike is blasting full speed ahead as is the norm.

Indeed, and add to that ...full speed ahead a distance of 4 feet from the back of the truck and the time of the accident points to returning from a night out.

.....or just swerve to the side.....or slam on the brakes......totally oblivious......

Or maybe the unfortunate motorcyclist was totally oblivious to the truck?

Ever consider that the driver may be completely innocent?

Or do you have privileged information that the rest of us don't?

For all we know the truck could have had steel sticking out past the back of the vehicle with no working lights, while Jr on the motorbike is blasting full speed ahead as is the norm.

And for all you know the truck may not have had an overhanging load. And may have had working lights. And "Jr' (what?) may have been riding at an acceptable speed.

Indeed, and add to that ...full speed ahead a distance of 4 feet from the back of the truck and the time of the accident points to returning from a night out.

No it does not necessarily point to that at all, that's just your damning speculation.

I wonder whether the truck had working tail lights.

Wonder if the biker had a head light?Or a driver license? Or breaks?

Or was he drunk? fell asleep?driving too close to the truck?speeding?

Because if he was sober ,smart and defensive driving ,he was sitting with his family.

• Like 1

Even those trucks with working lights are hard to see at night. In the US, trucks are lit up like neon signs, and are virtually impossible to miss. I don't ride a motorbike in Thailand, but I avoid driving any distance in my car at night anywhere in Thailand just because the trucks are so hard to see. If It is raining hard, they are invisible.

No sympathy from me. I have seen a motorcyclist drive his bike straight into the back of a parked car before now. Concentration slips for a few moments and you are going too fast to stop. Ride a motorcycle at your own risk...

Whatever you may think of motorcyclists or any other person a young man has died in an accident. It's a tragic waste of a life. To have no sympathy for his grieving family is a sad reflection.

• Like 1