Only 8000 units of the iPhone 5s to be released Oct 25th?

Longbow212

I read this info on the internet, if its true its seems ridiculously low and it looks like the main carriers have bought them all up. I think its almost pointless releasing such a small number of phones in somewhere like Thailand. The online Apple store only seems to stock the 4s too.

Can anyone confirm this?

A link to the source would be helpful. I was lucky to be able to pre register at AIS for an iPhone 5s. Pick up on the 25th.

After that date I am sure it won't take too long before you can just walk into any AIS, DTAC or TRUE shop to buy one from stock. Perhaps 4 to 6 weeks tops.

8,000 might be plenty, Android seems to be more hip now and Apple probaply don't want to burn in with millions of unsold units like BlackBerry did.

Trolling in Apple forum?

iPhone 5S sold 10 million in first 2 days. It always sells more than any other android flagship phone. Yes, samsung sells more android devices in total but they have gazillion different phones from $100 to $700 usd. If you compare flagship devices only, iPhone is the king despite the 4" screen.

I don't expect to find gold 5s in 25 october anywhere. True-H booked up in first day and they had stupid system error preventing people to book. I have no idea how they managed to sell all 5S gold devices in a matter of minutes. AIS only sells first batch to postpaid users, dtac has very limited amount of iPhones.

I think mid-November to december iPhone 5S availability will be increased.

• Like 1

Try the Apple.com.th store, they'll ship it for free, I've used them before for several items pretty good, and they’ll give tracking number etc

http://store.apple.com/th

I want to buy from there but they only accept Thai, Singapore and US credit cards.

I have none of them except kasikorn k-web virtual credit card.

I'm okay to use kasikorn virtual card but they don't deposit funds back when there is refund. If somehow apple store refuses order, I'm afraid to lose 23,900 baht.

What kind of credit card you have used during your past orders? Do anybody have recent experience with their credit cards issued from homecountries (that is not USA or Singapore of course)?

Try the Apple.com.th store, they'll ship it for free, I've used them before for several items pretty good, and they’ll give tracking number etc

http://store.apple.com/th

I want to buy from there but they only accept Thai, Singapore and US credit cards.

I have none of them except kasikorn k-web virtual credit card.

I'm okay to use kasikorn virtual card but they don't deposit funds back when there is refund. If somehow apple store refuses order, I'm afraid to lose 23,900 baht.

What kind of credit card you have used during your past orders? Do anybody have recent experience with their credit cards issued from homecountries (that is not USA or Singapore of course)?

I think I used my normal credit card, or my wifes, both have Thai address, but I remember some changes have been made to Apple online stores this year, However you can use a card with different address to the shipping address as I ordered an iphone 3 weeks ago from UK using my Thai credit card

I have visited actual shops today. None of them have Gold iphone 5s. There was one available but 26,900 baht and HK import @ Winner Mart.

TG fone, iStudio, Telewiz (ais) and True shops have black / white in stock but they require you to get post paid sim card and a package, that can be cancelled after 3 months. Funny thing is I have Truemove-h postpaid and they told me I need to get a new number/sim and package in order to buy one.

Then I thought perhaps they're doing it to prevent small shops mongering gold iphone 5s before customers, but then they should tell us to do so. As a farang they should realize I'm not phone-booth owner but consumer.

store.apple.com/th says 2-3 weeks dispatch for every color. However I'm pretty sure I can find it in iStudio shop in 2-3 weeks plus I can get VAT refund form which is not available in True shop.

Apple doesn't bill the K-web card till the iPhone ships.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Apple doesn't bill the K-web card till the iPhone ships.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Fair enough.

I also did receive refund in kasikorn k-web card after a month, so I'm taking back what I said about no-refunds-issued in k-web card earlier.

it seems that the current supply of 5s will be pumped up pretty much. I think in mid nov, the supply will be stable. as of now, apple store still offers the phone albeit with a 2-3 weeks delivery. they maybe ramping up their supply chain in china right now.