Thai editorial: No confidence in the rule of law

webfact

I would agree with the last paragraph, but I would offer the opinion that the problem is not a result of enforcement of the law, as proposed, but rather a way to get something real or imagined, with the least cost/effort expended by one of the parties involved.

The police tried to get money out of my adversaries, they refused, the captain then sent my case to the local prosecutor who told them they were to be prosecuted. That made them sit up shock1.gif so they bribed said local prosecutor instead. Guess which province I'm in dry.png

• Like 1

The police tried to get money out of my adversaries, they refused, the captain then sent my case to the local prosecutor who told them they were to be prosecuted. That made them sit up shock1.gif so they bribed said local prosecutor instead. Guess which province I'm in dry.png

I give up

It's not a lack of confidence in the rule of law. More obviously, these shootings are carried out because the disputes that fuel them are of a criminal nature and therefore not resolvable by conventional means. However it is the lack of justice for the wealthy, as noted in the article, and the lacklustre and corrupt police force that are the real problem.

Whoever wanted this athlete dead didn't have the option of going to the Police surely? hahaha, not that I don't think they're capable of making a hit

Edited by Rykbanlor

Life is cheap here and plenty want money for little work. So its easy and cheap to find someone to do the deed.

Same in many countries around the world that have corrupt governments and police forces, poverty, a massive divide between the have and the have-nots, and no real interest in enforcing a fair, just society for all.

HiSo's and the well connected or protected here know they are all above the law. So they take actions against one another outside the law too.

30 years ago a potential business client was shot dead on a golf course here. Things ain't changed for the better!

Having "confidence in the rule of law" in Thailand is akin to believing in the tooth fairy, neither of which exists. If one had confidence, that might be grounds enough for a stay at a mental health facility.

• Like 1

A few things to get started in cleaning up Thailand:-

1) Introduce strict gun laws and enforce them with vigour.

2) Disarm the Thai Police force and leave the serious crime resolution to the P.A.R.U. or similar.

3) Legalise all soft drugs.

- abolish the crime of 'Drug Consumer'.

4) Legalise Gambling.

5) Evaluate all Police recruits by a 'panel Interview' of three senior police officers and a Lawyer. (No exam papers).

• Like 1