Hi,

Been shopping around for furniture and crafts mainly from Suan Lum and JJ Market for export to retailers back in Australia but finding the prices too high to make it worth my trouble. Been in Thailand for 6 years teaching and would like to try something else. Anyone know how I could go about finding the manufacturers? I know there's no guarantee that they won't quote me rip off prices, too but it might be worth a try. Alternatively, I could look into getting them made. Anyone with any experience on this?

Leo

This website should give you some ideas or PM me

//URL deleated//

This website seem to utilize every method in (and out) of the book to make visitors click on Google Ads, which generally means that they are more interested in people leaving their site through the ads than contacting them about their services. Sites that believe in their services use different designs.

Australia has the strictest rules in the world for wood products as they are concerned about introduction of more new foreign species to the continent.

They recently inacted regulations that require new fumigation techniques and chemicals. Companies providing fumigation must be certified by the Australia Forestry Dept. It is the most expensive fumigation process in Thailand for export.

In Chang Mai there is a wood carving and furniture village called Ban Tawai. My wife works in the shipping and sourcing business with people from all over coming and buying/ordering (mostly furniture) from there. Made-to-order manufacturing is also possible. If you want to PM me.

Cheers.

Australia has the strictest rules in the world for wood products as they are concerned about introduction of more new foreign species to the continent.

They recently inacted regulations that require new fumigation techniques and chemicals. Companies providing fumigation must be certified by the Australia Forestry Dept. It is the most expensive fumigation process in Thailand for export.

In Chang Mai there is a wood carving and furniture village called Ban Tawai. My wife works in the shipping and sourcing business with people from all over coming and buying/ordering (mostly furniture) from there. Made-to-order manufacturing is also possible. If you want to PM me.

Cheers.

The last time I checked, the Aussies were phasing out the use of methyl bromide in fumigation.This was more of a measure against greenhouse gases and safety from what i understand.Mythyl Bromide is nasty <deleted>!!MB should be still be ok and the most effective chemical used.

If you are bringing in dried timber products, like Furniture etc, it's not too bad.mind you, I'm used to NZ conditions that are almost the same. :o

Here are the regs. Dept ag and fish

This website should give you some ideas or PM me

Bangkok Companies

This website seem to utilize every method in (and out) of the book to make visitors click on Google Ads, which generally means that they are more interested in people leaving their site through the ads than contacting them about their services. Sites that believe in their services use different designs.

Thanks for the compliment!!

Just pointing out a fact :o Didn't even know it's your site, or I'd say a few other things.

It certainly sorts out the wheat from the chaff - the serious buyers usually can find the contact page

Ah ha. I thought the purpose of an informative site is to make it as easy as possible to get to the information rather than tricking visitors to click on ads, well, I must have been mistaken.

- the ebay hopefuls are now few and far between. If they leave by the ads then who am I to complain especially when the DHL guy knocks on the door with the Google cheque every month!!

Well, if they are really few and far you wouldn't be so happy when the Google cheque arrives would you? :D

I refer to my initial reply to the poster that as you can see from the site - counter to your assessment we get many interested buyers but finding a GOOD manufacturer is like hunting for that nugget of gold in a streambed of mediocrity

I am sure you get interested buyers, but before we even ask about results you move to explain why you find it hard to deliver the services? Does explain the focus on advertisments very well, doesn't it?!

Good luck man and remember that too much advertisements on this forum without paying for it is considered spamming.

Edited by ~G~

www.alibaba.com

a very trustworthy website, A link between buyers and sellers in Asia. You can find there almost everything, including furniture.

LaoPo