TAT to lure more foreign tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always makes me laugh when people on here slag TAT off

Visitor numbers to the country are rising on a yearly basis so they must be doing something right

If you believe TAT, they are!

What is that called? A self- fulfilling prophecy?

Wether the figures are correct or not is open to debate.

If you know they are wrong can you please post a link to your source?

Thanks

You'll soon discover for yourself as you get acquainted here. Caught exaggerating time and again, in addition to general knowledge, they certainly blow it out of proportion. They need to study more from N Korea before attempting this rubbish to convince people

• Like 2

If it's meant for honeymooners, this could mean a 10 or 12 hour flight ( longer if connecting domestically), then...maybe a 1000 metre walk through the airport, 45 minutes, an hour for immigration, A traffic jam to hotel. Not a great start and the govt seems absolutely incapable of fixing the immigration issue. It's one of the worst in the world and yet this is a majore tourist destination.

Thailand has some really great hotels, amazing value ( with prices that have not increased much in more than 20 years) but the minute you leave the hotel, the harassment starts...

The skywalks are great but even they are now full of vendors, beggars...with the exception of Siam/chitlom. Yes, residents get used to it, but what do tourists think.? I suspect they must hate the streets ( which are more dirty now than in the 40 years of my memory)

Always makes me laugh when people on here slag TAT off

Visitor numbers to the country are rising on a yearly basis so they must be doing something right

If you believe TAT, they are!

What is that called? A self- fulfilling prophecy?

Wether the figures are correct or not is open to debate.

If you know they are wrong can you please post a link to your source?

Thanks

You'll soon discover for yourself as you get acquainted here. Caught exaggerating time and again, in addition to general knowledge, they certainly blow it out of proportion. They need to study more from N Korea before attempting this rubbish to convince people

I am acquainted here but thanks

Again the TAT figures can be debated but until you can prove the figures are wrong then your opinion is just that, your opinion

Well they should watch that they don't price themselves out (inceased Airport duty) ,as tourists will want new destinations eg Vietnam,Myanmar

Vietnam visa fee

A. Single entry, one-month: $100.00/ each person

B. Single entry, three-month: $140.00/ each person

Myanmar visa fee

30 USD for a 28 days Tourism Visa (non-extendable)

Last time I went to Cambodia, a total of $45 in and out

Well they should watch that they don't price themselves out (inceased Airport duty) ,as tourists will want new destinations eg Vietnam,Myanmar

Vietnam visa fee

Myanmar visa fee

...and my mommy used to say: if all the other kids jump from the bridge...would you too?

Vietnam visa fee

Myanmar visa fee

...and my mommy used to say: if all the other kids jump from the bridge...would you too?

Posters here seem to base their opinions without knowing or researching the facts first

I prefer to research before I post

Edited by darrendsd

Vietnam visa fee

Myanmar visa fee

Posters here seem to base their opinions without knowing or researching the facts first

I prefer to research before I post

facts are what we are fed from the likes of TAT, it is a matter of opinion whether you chose to believe or not, personally I don't believe any figures released by the government in Thailand - that is my opinion and my choice, people may chose to believe and that is up to them, I would say the majority on TV don't believe for various reasons, the one that stands out for me is a government minister admitting that they tell the odd little white lie when release official figures to the public - that's enough for me

Like I said in an earlier post - how many of these Chinese tourists will return to the wonderful Thailand and how many that have been here will advise their friends to give it a miss - my own belief is many on both counts

I'm not a tourist in Thailand but if I had to chose somewhere to take a holiday it would not be here - there are much better places to go for a quality vacation, I'm not going to list all the reasons as most of them have already been posted on this thread - some by me, Thailand is a long way from being a quality tourist destination - in fact I personally don't believe it ever will be for the simple reason - Thais are too focused on taking and not giving some back and by that I mean they should be spending some of the billions they make every year and improving the infrastructure and quality of so called resorts - but all they can think about is stuffing it into their pockets and ripping people off - it will never change