Woman Killed When Driving Motorbike Against Traffic and Hitting Iranian

Lite Beer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Female Driver killed in head-on bike collision in Central Pattaya

crash-16.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An 18 year old motorbike driver was killed and her friend was slightly injured after their bike collided head-on with a motorbike driven by an Iranian Tourist in the early hours of Saturday in Central Pattaya.

The victim’s motorbike was reportedly being driven against the flow of traffic at-speed. The Iranian driver claimed he was unable to avoid a head-on collision. He along with his Iranian passenger were uninjured and remained at the scene and later assisted Police with their enquires. The Iranian was not charged over the crash.

At the scene of the crash the female victim, Khun Janjira was given CPR which was continued at Hospital where medics were unable to revive her. It is thought she sustained a fatal head trauma as her unprotected head hit the road as the two bikes collided.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/107093/female-driver-killed-head-on-bike-collision-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-28

Driving against the flow of traffic was the killer, I'm sure we all agree.

I'm not being flippant but I'm sure nobody agrees with that; the impact is what killed the unfortunate girl.

The heavy impact of her unprotected head hitting the road most likely killed her. What I agree with is that the root cause is poor education on traffic safety leading to not wearing a helmet and driving against the flow of traffic at speed.

Many times we have had to reverse 2 or 3 kms for oncoming cars on the wrongside of the road.

Well, you're not making that up or exaggerating wildly, are you.  You do know how far 3km is?  Why would anyone do that?

well yes I did use a little hyperbole to make my point.

Yeah 'white lies' are acceptable in Thailand.

I wonder how much the Iranian had to pay (including the damage to his bike or perhaps it was not his but a rental as he was a tourist).

Yea it is good to see they are not pinning it on him. Though it was clear who was in the wrong. I see this behaviour a lot too. They are just too lazy to drive a bit more and so endangering everyone. I always wondered if they would try to blame the tourist. Good to see that is not the case makes me feel a bit better to know that if I ever hit one of those idiots (and survive myself) I wont be blamed.

• Like 2

I'm not being flippant but I'm sure nobody agrees with that; the impact is what killed the unfortunate girl.

The impact? No shit? As with every traffic accident, it's usually the impact with either a moving or static object that kills. No point in pointing that out, really. What others daringly are suggesting is that the cause of the impact was due to not following traffic regulations. As we all know (well, most of us at least), there is a strong tendency of riding without a helmet (or the helmet not being secured), driving with faulty lights, not indicating before/when you turn or change lane, not focusing on traffic (mobile phones, animated conversations with your passengers).

Is it really that wrong to jump to conclusions when you see these things happen again and again and again?

• Like 1

R.I.P but on a side note, I never understood what's up with this driving against traffic and all the other death wishes in Thailand. It seems that they are passionate about it.

Are you the parent of an 8 year old child? Try this...

Treat the child as an adult.

Try to reason with that child with the expectation that he or she is an adult and be not dismayed when you catch all the blame when something goes awry, and you are expected to fix it or to be hated forever.

Confide in that child and see what happens when everyone (including strangers) seems to know more about your personal affairs than you do.

Entrust that child with responsibility and accountablity and watch as nothing gets done, and everything falls apart around you and the child.

And finally, give him or her your keys to your motorbike or car and eventually you will understand the mental development of Thais, and the consequences of their love-hate relationship with life when that child is rammed by a moving vehicle or smashes against a barrier.

Now do you understand!

Unfortunately this behaviour is far too common here. The positive in this incident is that, in the incredibly unfair world of accidents, this one has affected the person at the root of the accident the most. I feel sorry for the Iranian chap.

I did note from the image the helmet lying on the floor. Even if it was on it was barely a helmet and can be guaranteed to have not been secured.

Nothing will change here whilst it is more cost effective to the government to allow the acceptance of the results of dangerous driving.

No common sense, and the people involved and watching will still never learn, they will all carry on doing the same thing. The helmet most likely belonged to the Iranian guy, poor guy wrong place wrong time, but thankfully an innocent person came out of it without serious injury for a change. She learned a hard lesson which resulted in her life, i can't feel sorry for her.

Agree little brother ( see Board name) .

Wonder how long it will be before the Iranian is charged with something since we all know that a Thai is never at fault

I was thinking the same thing... And along those lines, pretty sure the Iranian guys will be held responsible for the damage to their (presumably) rented motorbike. And who knows if the police won't try to extort some money out of them for the dead girl's family -- regardless of the circumstances of the crash.

Farangs with money pay. Thais without money don't. But of course, Thais with money don't either.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Let me guess......the Iranian was at fault because he was supposed to get out of her way.

If I'm going to make a left turn and traffic is coming from my RIGHT, that's where I'm looking. I'm NOT looking to my left to see if there's some idiot driving against the flow of traffic.

I feel sorry for the young lady but she was in the wrong.

I agree with MMarlow.

And would add in speculation that someone was driving too fast, to create enough of an impact to result in enough injury to which the unfortunately lady succumbed.

From the photos, what the ladies impacted was most likely much heavier also.

But yeah, had they driven on the right side of the road, we would not be reading this now. I think that was what wooloomooloo was saying.

Unfortunately this behaviour is far too common here. The positive in this incident is that, in the incredibly unfair world of accidents, this one has affected the person at the root of the accident the most. I feel sorry for the Iranian chap.

I did note from the image the helmet lying on the floor. Even if it was on it was barely a helmet and can be guaranteed to have not been secured.

Nothing will change here whilst it is more cost effective to the government to allow the acceptance of the results of dangerous driving.

You to see the girl's death as the positive aspect of this report?

Whose helmet did you note as lying on the floor; the victim's, her friend's or the Iranian's? And you have some special way of guaranteeing that the helmet, whoever it belonged to, was not secured?

Could you explain what your last nonsensical sentence was supposed to mean?

Having read through your contributions to this thread I feel I don't have any obligation to offer you an explanation if you can't work it out for yourself. When I say contributions I am not really telling the truth, am I? You really haven't contributed a thing.

Good to see that at least one idiot driver has been removed from Thai roads.

Lucky there was only one fatality as they had just dropped their friend off at another place. Three up.

Later, the friend of the dead victim, M/s. Sawaengnok, told the officers that before incident occurred, she and her friend had just left from a pub and used the motorbike to take their friend home near Soi-6, close to Pattaya Second Road. After the two Thai women took their friend home, her friend, who was the driver, drove her motorbike carelessly (against the flow of traffic), so they collided with the motorbike that the Iranian man was the driving and while M/s. Chatkaew’s friend died, she and the Iranian man only got slightly injured.blink.png

Edited by OZEMADE

This is why there are traffic laws, if you dont stick to them its your own fault.

But it is legal in Thailand to drive the wrong direction on a oneway street ! When I took my driving test here, the correct answer to the question "When is is OK to drive down a oneway street in the opposite direction" ? was "When you think it is safe to do so" !!! Explains it all.

When driving in Thailand,I see this behavior on a daily basis. Even cars drive on the wrong side of the road when the U turn is too far away. Will they ever learn ?

How to prevent this stupid and life taking behavior ?

I ride the 12 kilos from my village to the town regularly, and it is impossible, and I mean impossible to go that distance without these stupid people with a very low mentality riding towards me on the wrong side of the road when it is just as easy to ride on the proper side of the road. If anyone wants to accuse me of Thai bashing, then in this instance, that's what I'm doing.

• Like 2

You to see the girl's death as the positive aspect of this report?

Whose helmet did you note as lying on the floor; the victim's, her friend's or the Iranian's? And you have some special way of guaranteeing that the helmet, whoever it belonged to, was not secured?

Could you explain what your last nonsensical sentence was supposed to mean?

Having read through your contributions to this thread I feel I don't have any obligation to offer you an explanation if you can't work it out for yourself. When I say contributions I am not really telling the truth, am I? You really haven't contributed a thing.

Whereas you have contributed insensitivity, speculation and unintelligible guff.

• Like 1

A few moments longer going round the long way cost her the rest of her life.Do you think this will stop one person continuing to do this again?

R.I.P. only 18.

It was going the short way that cost the girl her life.

Going by the report, it was the idiotic riding on the wrong side of the road that cost her life. I wonder how many innocent people have died because of the stupidity of riding on the wrong side of the road.

• Like 1

R.I.P but on a side note, I never understood what's up with this driving against traffic and all the other death wishes in Thailand. It seems that they are passionate about it.

Quite a few come out of soi 6 and go against traffic to enter saisong 4 by the bank. There is also a side lane on 2nd rd that used to be for baht buses to go the 'wrong way'. Even the traffic lights still accommodate people heading South on 2nd at the junction with Klang. I live here and still don't understand that.

Nevertheless people driving against traffic flow is common-place, from Sukhumvit to the railway line bypass.

Such a sad waste of a young life.

No common sense, and the people involved and watching will still never learn, they will all carry on doing the same thing. The helmet most likely belonged to the Iranian guy, poor guy wrong place wrong time, but thankfully an innocent person came out of it without serious injury for a change. She learned a hard lesson which resulted in her life, i can't feel sorry for her.

Is it possible to feel sorry for someone who is already dead?

Right! very dumb remarks. RIP . Happy for the Iranian, but Always a tragedy when a live is wasted. I think we all used this way of driving one time or another avoiding driving too far for a u turn or because it was just a little few meters....and all of you can lie about it here but, Have respect for the dead and hope your not next and everybody will be pissing on your grave!!!!!!!!

Edited by myluckythai

Another Sad story.....but the people who are fault here are the police, for not enforcing the laws of the road to their country men & women

And they should really come down hard on the few "idiot farangs" who do the same thing

RIP Young lady

Another Sad story.....but the people who are fault here are the police, for not enforcing the laws of the road to their country men & women

And they should really come down hard on the few "idiot farangs" who do the same thing

RIP Young lady

yeah i know nobody does this and we are all the finest examples of how to do thing right here....omg tv must have the finest of the finest examples of human behaviour all on one site......right.