Thai people's obsession with dogs

michaeltheR

In the place I live around 70 percent of the households own dogs, mostly mre than one. I wonder what the obsession of Thai people is with dogs and why the everyone thinks they need to own one. And it annoying that people own dogs and dont walk them themselves but have their maids do it for them? Whats the point of owning a dog then?

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walk in this heat and humidity, are you crazy?

Thats why maids were invented, couldnt get my lily white skin tarnished, why would I want to be pew kiaw dam, lose all face.

Well in that case they should get a hamster or a cat. Does not need to be walked and can stayed indoors. LOL!

• Like 2

I wonder what the obsession of Thai people is with dogs and why the everyone thinks they need to own one.

One very famous person here has long had prominent dogs, believe this may have been but one influence?

Dozens of threads by foreigners on "how to bring my dog to Thailand", so it may be a universal thing?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/662101-why-do-the-poorest-people-have-the-most-dogs/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/637021-whats-the-advantage-of-owning-a-dog-in-thailand/

Some dogs, the small ones mainly, are also fashion.

I'm more annoyed by the dogs that they don't have at home, but that walk the streets. And than they are doing good by feeding them and putting a collar on them to prevent them form being taken away. Explaining that they feed the dags that one day will bit one of the kids in the street is useless...

• Like 1

Some dogs, the small ones mainly, are also fashion.

I'm more annoyed by the dogs that they don't have at home, but that walk the streets. And than they are doing good by feeding them and putting a collar on them to prevent them form being taken away. Explaining that they feed the dags that one day will bit one of the kids in the street is useless...

depends on the street....some of these dog groups are very friendly and some are aggressiv......but they aren't too bad. Maximum bite you in the leg.

Other neighbor had 2 Rotweiler, he didn't teach them anything. They were either locked away or in that huge garden with fence.

sometimes he walked them with the motorbike, without collar or anything and they were super aggressiv to anything they didn't know. They loved me, but maybe kill the next kid.

I used hate all these dirty,sick looking creatures. About 15 yrs ago I went fishing in BKK suburb. Walking this really narrow trail with tall grass and bushes. Suddenly one of these muds jumped in front of me and attacked something in the grass, not 2 metres from me. Lots of commotion, dog came back. Few hours of fishing and it never left my side. We walked back home and about 6hrs later the dog died. We where curious and went back where the dog hit the bush. What we found was about 1metre long dead snake.

After that I rather have dogs around me,especially now living with no neighbours.

• Like 2

They want to be more concerned about the thousands of poor stray dogs dying on the streets. Starved to death or dying from some painful disease. The local government should either give them treatment or "put them to sleep" and put them out of their agony.

In Chiang Mai I have seen dogs covered in paint.Obviously the work of local hooligans,and,I hate to say this,but four times I have seen stray dogs glued together with super glue. Again the work of sub-human yobbos. I apologise if this post might upset some people but it is the truth.