Jomtien a Big Mess, Looks Like Bomb Site!

DavoTheGun

Can somebody do something about the big holes on "Footpaths" around Jomtien, saw a lady with baby hit by Motor Cycle today, fortunately not serious, but could have been! neer the Jomtien Palms Villa New Car park, (Always Empty). The path has been torn up for months, as is all along up to View Tallay ! I mean <deleted>, never see anybody working in what ever they are doing, bloody disgrace!

Last Year I complained to the Municipality about the Garbage being dumped by the Busses along near Soi 5, to a nice Lady who spoke good English, she agreed it was not good and would fix it, within one week bins were put there. have tried again with this issue and can get nowhere this time!

Can we get some answers from somebody, my guess it is about money!

• Like 1

A year or 2 ago, Jomtien City laid miles and miles of new footpaths and they looked pretty good. Very wide and well done I must say.

Months ago, they dug big holes in the new footpaths about every 50 meters or so to get at some pipes it appears. Big pits dug buy a tractor, about 2 x 2 meters wide and a meter deep or more. Does look like a B52 strike, broken bricks and muck all over the place. Never will be the same.

Of course there are no safety barricades marking these hazardous pits.

When it rains, the roads, footpaths and pits flood due to the poor drainage designs on this brand new road.

(About 15 minutes or rain, we get 60 centimeters deep of black water, a flash flood..happens every time..)

In the flooding you cannot see these unmarked holes. I was stranded in the storm, took shelter and I watched numerous people and motorbikes, trying to make their way... one after another suddenly drop into the holes.

Some motorbikes disappeared completely below the surface, they are that deep.

Edited by UncleJ
  • Like 2

Yep, what we have here is a Third World country that has holes in its roads! Maintenance is being neglected in Pattaya/Jomtien after all the beer tax we've paid. It's highly unusual. :)

Ah, the stories I could tell. Anything else new?

Yes it is interesting that Thailand is supposed to be now an almost Developed Country, is the 2nd Largest Car Manufacturer in SE Asia, Pattaya / Jomtion has Millions of Bart coming in every year. you would like to think that they would like to protect that.

Burma is knocking on the door for some of that. What is also interesting is that Malaysia is now the 6th Largest Economy, run by mostly Moslems and that is NOT a racist remark just a fact.

All they need to do is Wake Up!

Yes it is interesting that Thailand is supposed to be now an almost Developed Country, is the 2nd Largest Car Manufacturer in SE Asia, Pattaya / Jomtion has Millions of Bart coming in every year. you would like to think that they would like to protect that.

Burma is knocking on the door for some of that. What is also interesting is that Malaysia is now the 6th Largest Economy, run by mostly Moslems and that is NOT a racist remark just a fact.

All they need to do is Wake Up!

Thais are awake as they'll ever be and doing their thing as usual, thank you. Other countries? Mai pen rai!

Edited by JSixpack