invading my pc.

meatboy

meatboy ... great OP ... thumbsup.gif

Clear, concise ... full of punctuation.

A job well done.

Now, just some friendly advice ... what ever you do ... don't 'Click Here' to improve performance.

If you have a Virus checker, update it then scan your computer.

Ditto if you have Anti-Malware

It's just not the internet that can transfer a virus ... little Somchi used a memory stick on my computer to show me some photo ... it had 3 Trojans (really bad viruses) sitting dormant on the stick ... waiting for a new infection ... my computer ... facepalm.gif

thanks dai for coming to my rescue again i have only got an anti-mag and she lives in gifach goch.

as for a virus checker i have only a b.p.checker.

viruses on a stick that could be the one i hit the wife with.

havent had any infection since pattaya 1982,83,84,85wai.gif

• Like 1

They post ads for products that some algorithm deduces you'd be interested in based on key words you have typed in, including posts and searches.

Last month, for weeks on end, there was this photo of some freaking grandpa on every dam_n page I loaded. Geezer stared at me with a look on his face something between total confusion and having a bowel movement in public.

Annoyed the hell out of me.

For the life of me though, I can't remember ever using the word Alzheimer's.

EDIT: correcting the spell checker. Again.

Edited by HeijoshinCool
  • Like 1

I was recently looking for an alternative paid TV from the states, yesterday I had a homepage appear on my computer from True TV in Thai, my daughter worked on my computer to try to take it off, still every once in a while that add still pops up! have deleted all 3rd party cookies.

Cheers:

If I get p1ssed off with the ads, I normally delete the cookies & internet history from your browser. Temp internet files are also a 'good-to-go' as well. This gets rid of their source/evaluation of your internet preferences.

Of course it could be malware/virus/Trojan/worm but these are normally aggressive and one directional.

These are Google ads. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed, one post removed.

Moving to Forum Support.

I too got the ad saying my PC is slow.

I'm not against ads, but the problem with this one is that it's a blatant lie, and the banner has the goal of selling some paid malware to computer-illiterate people.

I think Google ads gives editors a way to exclude some advertisers, maybe that's something to explore in order to put an end to that scam?

Edited by manarak

These are Google ads. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed, one post removed.

Moving to Forum Support.

I too got the ad saying my PC is slow.

I'm not against ads, but the problem with this one is that it's a blatant lie, and the banner has the goal of selling some paid malware to computer-illiterate people.

I think Google ads gives editors a way to exclude some advertisers, maybe that's something to explore in order to put an end to that scam?

i have tried to block this,[your pc is poor] but to no avail and also used a cleaner.i dont mind if its now and then but its popping up on every page.

I browse the web all the time, and I never see a single ad. I must be using a super special system!

Actually, not really... I merely have the AdBlock plugin for my browser.

P.S. I too use a PC (Personal Computer, Intel architecture)... that runs Linux.