Heading to HONGKONG for a few days ..what is good to buy there?

Wimbledon

There's lots of shops that sell many types of dried noodles. But I found a small shop that had a box with a number of varieties of seafood noodles. Dried in a roll, like fettuccine.

There was shrimp, abalone, crab, squid, and fish, among others. Absolutely the world's finest.

Please bring some back for me.

Cadbury's Chocolate, cheap OK Brown Sauce, Desiccated Coconut for baking, a host of decent Crisps ( Chips) you can't find in Thailand plus lots of other goodies in the food area's. As stated Stanley Market is good for clothes, trainers, belts, shoes etc. Personally i stay away from the High So shopping area's as they are pure rip off. Of course if that's your style then you will be in shopping heaven.

Many airlines do good price deals to HK; just surf.

just accross the border:

FREE MAP

"Huaqiangbei is THE place in Shenzhen, China, to shop for electronics components and device"

Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/09/09/free-shenzhen-map-to-shop-for-electronics-in-huaqiangbei/#ixzz2jXx2AY4l

like walking into a toy shop for adults. all sorts of fantastic cutting edge stuff that you wont get here or elsewhere for that matter

• Like 1

just accross the border:

FREE MAP

"Huaqiangbei is THE place in Shenzhen, China, to shop for electronics components and device"

Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/09/09/free-shenzhen-map-to-shop-for-electronics-in-huaqiangbei/#ixzz2jXx2AY4l

like walking into a toy shop for adults. all sorts of fantastic cutting edge stuff that you wont get here or elsewhere for that matter

But do you need a regular Chinese Visa or do they have a 1 day visa ?

just accross the border:

FREE MAP

dont know. there are better people to ask than me:)

just accross the border:

FREE MAP

dont know. there are better people to ask than me:)

The OP won't need a visa if he's Thai (or can get visa on arrival).

Just returned from Shenzhen - HK trip last month.

IMO nothing except souvenirs. Shenzhen is definitely NOT for foreigners. Really. But I've been in the city before and enjoyed this really another world again. Visit Splendid China village in Shenzhen and this theme park really relaxing and interesting

Food options really poor, except you able to eat street food which is NOT even close to Thai in understanding "what is this?"

Also, English language is useless in Mainland China :) . Taxi is expensive while subway very cheap.

HK is no-problem for Eng-speaker. But anything changed in last 3 years. Electronics are he same price as Thai, for example iPad just 500 THB cheaper and tourist can save more if do purchase in Thailand then do VAT return @ airport.

Clothes and shoes almost the same price (I mean brand one not in the street market). I bought pair of Rockport for 700 HKD and at this price or cheaper can buy @ Central World.

So, I really recommend to stick to attractions - Cable Car/ Big Buddha, Sightseening, etc.

Do not forget, in Mainland working girls are illegal and police can catch you, while in HK no problem, and can find some stunning chinese (mostly mainland but worked in HK) beauty.