I've Been Scammed

philipinphuket

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it happened but not surprised, atleast yiu had the guts to publicise it and hopefully learn from it.

There are some good girls out there but sadly there is a pile of coal to sift before you find the diamond.

She is there cos thats how I met Mrs Charlie, best of luck, dont give up, just learn and on to the next.

But dont ever part with money! If money is mentioned walk away.

• Like 2

People use dating sites to prevent them from working in, or drinking in, Bars.

This is a common scam. I know a couple of blokes who have fallen for the same trick. Online dating is like taking a walk in a mine field. The girls pulling this rort are quite clever really. They know what they are doing. Easier than going for the one big hit Not asking for too much. Sums that the average farang will write off, rather than pursue. Easy money with very little chance of getting busted by anyone.

They are nothing but low life thieves, sure it's iillegal but I really don't know what you could do to stop it, or even prosecute it.

One well known Thai Dating site prominently displays a warning about this very scam on its front page.

Yeah mate, you got conned. You are not the first and you certainly won't be the last.

Just hold off on forking out any cash until they actually ring your door bell. That's about all the advice I could offer.

I should tell you the very true story of a VERY close relative of mine, in Australia, who met a lady on an Australian Dating Site. My relative was actually a real, retired Spec Forces Soldier in the Australian Army.

She went to great lengths to establish a relationship with him. Then, after doing so ,she took out a 'hit' on her former husband, wanting him to do it. She pestered hiomn for months, until he eventually took all the evidence, email, SMS etc to the police, where she was promptly arrested.

And all that he could say about her? was that she was a really nice, good cathlolic girl!

yeah right.

• Like 2

Come on man, if your that dumb you have got to learn somehow or you will never make it over here.

If you really wanted to pursue this telling her to come and paying her back once she is here would be an obvious answer.

What country and city did you grow up in, some sheltered life somewhere where there is no crime?

Same thing with the bar girls scams I hear all the time. I'm from a fairly rough area before I came here, but I can't believe how gullible people are over here, especially grown men.

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

• Like 1

Come on man, if your that dumb you have got to learn somehow or you will never make it over here.

If you really wanted to pursue this telling her to come and paying her back once she is here would be an obvious answer.

What country and city did you grow up in, some sheltered life somewhere where there is no crime?

Same thing with the bar girls scams I hear all the time. I'm from a fairly rough area before I came here, but I can't believe how gullible people are over here, especially grown men.

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Little head is easy to get tricked by long dark hair and a small body!

• Like 1

Going to the cops is useless. They wouldn't bother with this. Knowing her facebook, skype etc is also useless..I am pretty sure she wasn't that dumb to give away her real info and photos. I mean just think about it, that's what she does for a living, she doesn't wanna get caught so she needs to be careful. Unless she is stupid, she must have used a fake name and somebody else's pictures. That's what they always do. She is probably not even attractive. I picture her as a fatso in her late thirties sitting in her room before the computer and scamming people. However, the bank account must be a real one even if it's not under her name. Report that to the police and tell them you have been scammed. You aren't going to get your money back but they will track the account so you can help others not to get scammed by .....s like this.

• Like 2