Which foods are you neurotic about "needing" every day? (If any)

Jingthing

group of small BANANAS ?

Group or Bunch

Of bananas.

Anyway you can have your banana,

And I my Jasmine rice.

More important than a banana, long or short, in bunches.

I take my rice by the bowl, or plate,

I don' eat a sack of rice in one sitting,

But must have it every meal.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Are there are any FOOD ITEMS that you make a special effort to consume each and EVERY day?

Foods, not stimulant drinks like coffee or alcohol drinks like beer.

Thinking about this, I think for me there is only ONE. I reckon for many people there are NONE, and perhaps some have SEVERAL.

Stereotypically Asian people often say they don't feel right if they don't have at least one portion of rice daily.

For me the food is BANANA. Yes, I have one large or a group of small BANANAS every day, with breakfast.

attachicon.gifbananas.jpg

Sometimes it's a bit of a challenge to always have banana ready to eat. I buy them green. Sometimes they ripen slowly, sometimes too fast, so I tend to overstock. Some go rotten and sometimes I'll be eating a firm one or a soft one (don't really mind, actually prefer the firm ones).

I do have it in my head that the potasium in bananas is good for me, but this is actually a neurosis at this point. I don't want to face my day without my banana and happily I don't have to!

I was not nearly so hooked on them back in the U.S.

Previously in Thailand I was ALMOST as hooked on oranges as I am on bananas but curiously that has gone away. I do stock oranges but I can go days without eating one though I do eat some other kinds of fresh fruit daily.

So ... do you have any foods that you "need" like this?

Banas also cause calm feelings, and, let's face it, a lot of us Westerners have anxiety whether we admit it or not. Darn right, I love bananas when I am stressed.

For me, it's cheese, milk, veg, and nuts. Philippines bastardizes all the dairy by adding vegetable oil (read NASTY.) Vegetables are rare and only a spoonfull in Phils too. That is one reason I am going back to Thailand - health!

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i am neurotic about drinking water, i do it every day, and it has to be good quality water or fresh coconut water if for some obscure reason i cant get good water somewhere.

i only go specifically looking for bananas when i get cramps in my legs. seems to solve the problem until next time i go too long without bananas.

so can you confirm that you never get muscle cramps with your high banana diet?

"do you have any bananas?"

"Yes, we have no bananas"

Edited by Chippen Dong

I'm a bit OCD about fiber foods or anything that assists a daily healthy bowel movement...each day while evacuating I think pleasurably/appreciatively of the bran cereal, rye crackers, prunes and other fruits and vegetables that I ingested earlier that contributed to the present performance...

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif. i knew my life was missing something, could this be it, daily focused meditation!cheesy.gif

Edited by Chippen Dong