Do you have a gay face?

Jingthing

Also, do you really think your gaydar is all that good?

A new study analysing the facial differences between homosexual and heterosexual men has found "significant morphological differences".

A study conducted by researchers from the Center for Theoretical Study at Charles University in Prague and The Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic examined the possible differences in facial shape between homosexual and heterosexual individuals and found "significant" shape differences in faces of heterosexual and homosexual men.

Their results found that homosexual men were rated as more stereotypically 'masculine' than heterosexual men, which they said undermined stereotypical notions of gay men as more feminine looking.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/gay-and-straight-men-may-have-different-facial-shapes-new-study-suggests-8928519.html

• Like 1

"Homosexual men showed relatively wider and shorter faces, smaller and shorter noses, and rather massive and more rounded jaws"

Sounds like Cro-Magnon man - next it'll be phrenology.

Given the sample size (40 gay / 40 straight Czech men) its hardly conclusive. I've always maintained that this stereotyping really is impractical and that we're no different to anyone else (the good, the bad and evidently the ugly) except in our sexual preference, and that the hairdresser/fashion designer/fem type is simply the more noticeable.

At the British Embassy's recent Remembrance Day service I realised (for the first time, as I just hadn't thought about it before) that the most senior present in the Army, RAF, Police and the Security Service, by quite a considerable margin, as well as the most decorated, were all openly gay. I don't mean that they wore rainbow poppies, just that a couple had Civil Partners and while it wasn't broadcast neither was it hidden, but there really wasn't anything that could have been taken as any sort of indicator or common denominator, particularly when all present were reasonably similarly dressed.

..... and none of them had massive jaws, etc.

(I should add that I am sure this was anything but typical, and that I didn't know anyone there from the Navy)

• Like 1

um... and what about the women? wink.png
No idea. I seldom look at them.

But if one is in the closet, he is supposed to look at them. [insert wink]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

How do you see through the closet door?

C'mon! With 50% of men being gay (or whatever Kinsey's number was), do you think they are ALL flamers? :-O

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Fookhaht

C'mon! With 50% of men being gay (or whatever Kinsey's number was), do you think they are ALL flamers? :-O

"Kinsey's number" was actually 4 % .... most recent estimates are lower.

No idea how "flamers" comes into it, although that term could apply to maybe 10 % of the gays I know (5% of the farangs, 20% of the Thais), probably less.

http://books.google.co.th/books?id=3wMy5ucV-o0C&pg=PA294&lpg=PA294&dq=Sexual+Behavior+in+the+Human+Male,+Alfred+C.+Kinsey,+4+%25+exclusively+homosexual&source=bl&ots=gVLPw66M1P&sig=B4tCYwfLFy2f8yZIcD-JwoMaD5U&hl=en&sa=X&ei=amKXUsf5JYK0rAfiiIGwDg&ved=0CEsQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=Sexual%20Behavior%20in%20the%20Human%20Male%2C%20Alfred%20C.%20Kinsey%2C%204%20%25%20exclusively%20homosexual&f=false