what do you ride?

simba

Thai bikes: Versys 650 ,2010 , have a 150 D-Tracker for pottering around the village, a Forza 300 scooter which I really like to glide around lazily on, PCX 150.

Uk 1998 VFR 800 picked up for £1750 with 12,500 miles, mint. lovely.

Been given a Harley 883 Sportster which I have no interest in so will probably put it down on a Triumph Trophy.

Happy trails,

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai bikes: Versys 650 ,2010 , have a 150 D-Tracker for pottering around the village, a Forza 300 scooter which I really like to glide around lazily on, PCX 150.

Been given a Harley 883 Sportster which I have no interest in so will probably put it down on a Triumph Trophy.

Happy trails,

Would you sell the 883? I have a friend who is looking for one. PM me a price

Someones done this thread before.

It is that we ride, not what we ride! Although riding to the 7-11 might not count

Also embarrassing as although my bike is downstairs I haven't ridden it for a while.

i'd like to ride a mia noi. but my wife does not approve.

A "wetdream" and a vfr750fj (my third), can't beat the whine of the gear driven cams and the growl through the 4 into 1 motad.

I had an '89 VFR750F in Japan- my gear-driven-cams were of the first-gen defective variety, and they let go and ate a surprisingly large portion of my engine- I liked the bike a lot, though, and Honda worked out the issues in the next redesign.wink.png

Right now I've got a ZX-14R that's set up pretty nicely by local standards (it was a real PITA to get it done- I had to import stuff as there's nothing available in LOS except generic small parts like frame sliders):

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

"I had an '89 VFR750F in Japan- my gear-driven-cams were of the first-gen defective variety,"

Methinks you are somewhat confused sir. There were no issues with the '86 onward gear driven cam engines, far from it, they were completely over engineered to make up for the pre '86 VF models which had severely damaged Honda's reputation with their chocolate cams. That's not to say you didn't have problems with your bike, there's always one as they say, but you must be the most unlucky man in history as 99.99999999% of properly maintained VFR 750's never had any engine problems, EVER!

Happy trails,

"Uk 1998 VFR 800"

What! no gear driven cams?

A "wetdream" and a vfr750fj (my third), can't beat the whine of the gear driven cams and the growl through the 4 into 1 motad.

I had an '89 VFR750F in Japan- my gear-driven-cams were of the first-gen defective variety, and they let go and ate a surprisingly large portion of my engine- I liked the bike a lot, though, and Honda worked out the issues in the next redesign.wink.png

Right now I've got a ZX-14R that's set up pretty nicely by local standards (it was a real PITA to get it done- I had to import stuff as there's nothing available in LOS except generic small parts like frame sliders):

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

"I had an '89 VFR750F in Japan- my gear-driven-cams were of the first-gen defective variety,"

Methinks you are somewhat confused sir. There were no issues with the '86 onward gear driven cam engines, far from it, they were completely over engineered to make up for the pre '86 VF models which had severely damaged Honda's reputation with their chocolate cams. That's not to say you didn't have problems with your bike, there's always one as they say, but you must be the most unlucky man in history as 99.99999999% of properly maintained VFR 750's never had any engine problems, EVER!

Yeah, I've read that as well, but I knew two other people who had the same issue with the same bike (was this an issue with Japan-spec bike, which were limited in power compared to export models and were a bit different? Maybe)- perhaps we were all unlucky, but it still was an unhappy occurence.;) Edited by RubberSideDown

Happy trails,

"Uk 1998 VFR 800"

What! no gear driven cams?

No <deleted> idea.....

I know people think that riding a bike with manual transmission, equipped with a powerful engine adds inches to their penises(unfortunately it doesn't) so to give you a reason to talk sh_t and say ahhh that ain't a real motorcycle, here is what I ride other than the cbr250r which I love: Honda nc700x.

After seeing your high performance avatar, in your case, maybe it's a case of penis envy!

I know people think that riding a bike with manual transmission, equipped with a powerful engine adds inches to their penises(unfortunately it doesn't) so to give you a reason to talk sh_t and say ahhh that ain't a real motorcycle, here is what I ride other than the cbr250r which I love: Honda nc700x.

I didn't know anyone had more than one penis, but haven't been in Thailand that long.Posted Image  

Thank you for pointing out the grammar mistake and also for staying away.

You are welcome........it's just that this thread was going so well, blokes talking about their very different bikes and then your contribution Sarah-Jane.

It is a bit girly in this day and age, the penis size analogy.

Just tell us what you ride.Posted Image

Girly. Sarah Jane. What are you talking about mom?

Besides I already stated what I ride.

After seeing your high performance avatar, in your case, maybe it's a case of penis envy!

I can give you a glimpse if you like.

post-30367-0-41345500-1384665557_thumb.j

2011 650r, it's my first real bike after years of scooters.

I also have a dream and a 110cc engine swapped Chaly that is always being worked on.

Back to the US in the summer, looks like I will trade in the Ninja for a DL1000 V-strom and a 70's Brit bike.

Gotta love the selection and price of the bikes back in the US, or at least I keep telling myself this to help ease the pain haha.

Duc 848 and have a hypermotard on order, should be picking it up in 3 weeks, can't wait! xw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.Fk8xTuMtRw.webp

Ah..still got that 848 B1ade? I remember when you got that. I was so jealous! Did the guy that stole your key ever come back to try to steal it?

Still got it, not ridden it as much as I should though... Ducati replaced that key and disabled its chip for the ignition, it was never recovered but I moved shortly after and the bike is covered in locks!

Duc 848 and have a hypermotard on order, should be picking it up in 3 weeks, can't wait! xw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.Fk8xTuMtRw.webp

Ah..still got that 848 B1ade? I remember when you got that. I was so jealous! Did the guy that stole your key ever come back to try to steal it?

Still got it, not ridden it as much as I should though... Ducati replaced that key and disabled its chip for the ignition, it was never recovered but I moved shortly after and the bike is covered in locks!

That still amazes me. I have never heard of a big bike getting stolen in LOS. Where would they take it? There aren't that many in Thailand. Must have planned to sell it for parts.

That still amazes me. I have never heard of a big bike getting stolen in LOS. Where would they take it? There aren't that many in Thailand. Must have planned to sell it for parts.

Ask some rental shops in Chiang Mai. A friendly farang relieved them of some big bikes recently. I am sure more big bikes get stolen that we don't hear about.

and I am not even mentioning the bib.......

Edited by pokerkid

I can give you a glimpse if you like.

Please, not on an open forum. blink.png Children maybe reading this thread. Next thing you know people will be thinking we're swapping spit and holding hands.....but I can assure all the other forum member I don't do that anymore.....now I am married.....to a woman that understands I am a complex creature with unusual needs. biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

My 2011 lifan gs brought cheap with 2000 kms on it and just clocked up too 3800 kms now no problems just indicator bulbs wrapped in chameleon green to purple and 4d carbon wrap few spots to do around tank but went on quite nicely still have my 1993 zzr kwaka too which is a delight aswell.post-193727-13858959335251_thumb.jpgpost-193727-1385895950663_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

2012 BMW S1000RR and 2008 Yamaha R6 track/race bikes. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385897185.994267.jpg

2005 GSX-R1000 back in Canada attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385897276.151950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

newf, do you have a handy bike/scooter to ride to 7/11?laugh.png

by teh way, i remember your modified BMW and it looks great man.

Edited by ll2

848.jpg

The new addition has arrived!

821.jpg

any reviews so far my friend???

please some reviews? fueling and are there any rev fluctuations?

how is teh ride? how is at traffic?

c'mon man!

The new addition has arrived!

any reviews so far my friend???

please some reviews? fueling and are there any rev fluctuations?

how is teh ride? how is at traffic?

c'mon man!

Only done 100km so far, will put a decent review in the strada/motard thread when I can offer a fair review. So far so good though,

I of course always ride like that

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1386000263.636658.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is a beautiful R6!

Would love to hear some advice for the best way to pick up one of those for a reasonable price here.

Seems like you can get some great deals (250k - 350k) but they are few and far between!