Suthep vows to 'eradicate Thaksin regime'

Lite Beer

An idea would be to form a coalition government with the Dems and PT.

Both the Dems and the PT would sit together to propose a program for the next term. The PM would come from the party which got the most votes.

Other countries are governed by such a coalition of opposed camps (left and right governing together, for example) and it works too.

PT has been extending its hands towards their opponents several times already, but always received negative answers from the Dems.

The Dems will not make any compromise. They just want everything to be done their way.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are you still on about this reconciliation BS? You haven't provided any evidence since that the PTP have offered any sort of compromise since last time you brought it up.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know of anyone who want to abolish one person one vote.

The PAD ideas that people partially vote their MPs instead based on areas based on professions, was just a brainstorm idea, that never got any real support within any group.

It is neither undemocratic nor has it any advantages.

That "the PAD don't want that the poor vote" is pure red propaganda

H90 I am honestly interested in how he proposes to achieve it. If he doesnt have a plan, what is he doing.

I would also like to see the Democrats reform and change leadership so that there is actually a viable alternative via electoral democracy, but they really do not seem like they want to do it. Alongkorn has been sidelined into Abhisit (unelectable) controlled committees and party elders

I as well have a problem seeing a way to achieve it. By blowing the whistles, they can annoy them, but nothing more.

They could try to trigger a coup, but I can't see how. Big strikes would be a way, but I can't see that happen.

At new elections I even believe that Abhisit would have a chance, just because he isn't PTP. But even if that would happen, what than?

PTP would be still strong and can form a coalition.

Even if the Democrats make a coalition, they would be with a couple of parties which don't have a good reputation and surely don't want to improve something.

As well they could always switch sides and let the Democrats feel it.

So I don't see any working peaceful solution. Not even one with a low probability.

Both the Dems and the PT would sit together to propose a program for the next term. The PM would come from the party which got the most votes.

Other countries are governed by such a coalition of opposed camps (left and right governing together, for example) and it works too.

PT has been extending its hands towards their opponents several times already, but always received negative answers from the Dems.

The Dems will not make any compromise. They just want everything to be done their way.

How would that finish corruption?

And lets say the two parties are almost equal strong than both would have the option to jump coalition and make a new with one of the smaller parties.

That would never work.

As well the voter would be very angry and wouldn't vote for them again.

So I see zero chance that it happens. One of the rare moments that I agree with you. The Democrats would not compromise.

A couple of hours a UDD member spoke on the stage and said she is sorry for burning Bangkok before.

Thaksin offered 1.5 Million, she went into jail, was released but didn't get anything and now she will loose her land.

1 UDD member of course doesn't mean anything, but from the propaganda aspect it is a disaster for the government.

• Like 1

A couple of hours a UDD member spoke on the stage and said she is sorry for burning Bangkok before.

Thaksin offered 1.5 Million, she went into jail, was released but didn't get anything and now she will loose her land.

1 UDD member of course doesn't mean anything, but from the propaganda aspect it is a disaster for the government.

She said provincial hall didn't she, not Bangkok? Or was it provincial hall and BKK bank? She was jailed for three months and didn't get any money, apparently. I think it's plausible that money may have been offered for burning provincial halls etc, all I'll say is that 1.5 mill sounds a lot and I doubt she spoke to Thaksin directly...

Are you still on about this reconciliation BS? You haven't provided any evidence since that the PTP have offered any sort of compromise since last time you brought it up.

You're definitely not in favor of any type of reconciliation. That's for sure :lol:

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

She said provincial hall didn't she, not Bangkok? Or was it provincial hall and BKK bank? She was jailed for three months and didn't get any money, apparently. I think it's plausible that money may have been offered for burning provincial halls etc, all I'll say is that 1.5 mill sounds a lot and I doubt she spoke to Thaksin directly...

you are right, I messed that up....provincial hall and Bangkok Bank. I got the story second hand, didn't watch it myself. So by not listening carefully I messed it up.

You're definitely not in favor of any type of reconciliation. That's for sure laugh.png

I rather think he is, but not the sort that you would prefer.

• Like 1

You're definitely not in favor of any type of reconciliation. That's for sure :lol:

I am in favour of reconciliation.

I am just not aware of any reconciliation that PTP has offered that doesn't involve Thaksin getting a full amnesty and getting whitewashed of his crimes.

And no matter how often you bring it up, you're not able to provide any evidence of PTP offering any compromise.

• Like 1

you are right, I messed that up....provincial hall and Bangkok Bank. I got the story second hand, didn't watch it myself. So by not listening carefully I messed it up.

Isn't burning provincial halls and banks a legitimate form of political expression, if you wear the right coloured shirt.

• Like 1

I see a politician, wearing a black shirt adorned with nationalist emblems, with an arm raised, calling for the eradication of people!

Raises a vaguely familiar, and somehow disturbing memory!

Of something you saw on a TV show or in a book perhaps?

I am in favour of reconciliation.

I am just not aware of any reconciliation that PTP has offered that doesn't involve Thaksin getting a full amnesty and getting whitewashed of his crimes.

And no matter how often you bring it up, you're not able to provide any evidence of PTP offering any compromise.

A reconciliation involves everyone.

You are definitely not ready to talk about reconciliation. Your hate for Thaksin and PT guides your feelings and your posts.

Try to reconcile yourself with the millions of people who vote for Thaksin's camp.

You might not believe it, but they are also nice people ;)

Then you start to think how would you make these nice people united again with the people you consider the nicer ones at the moment.

Then start to realize that they all want their leaders. So the leaders are part of the solution.

Then stop to your hateful thinking and stop to speak about "crimes", and start to find a possible scenario that makes all sides happy. It's not by branding Abhisit a murderer or Thaksin a terrorist that one can set the base of any constructive talk.

You are not ready to think about reconciliation at all. You are too passionate. You just want to see Thaksin in prison. That only brings a natural answer, which is to send Abhisit and Suthep to prison for their "crimes" too.

That's no constructive way to speak about reconciliation. You are better at speaking about going on with confrontation...

• Like 2

A reconciliation involves everyone.

You are definitely not ready to talk about reconciliation. Your hate for Thaksin and PT guides your feelings and your posts.

Try to reconcile yourself with the millions of people who vote for Thaksin's camp.

You might not believe it, but they are also nice people wink.png

Then you start to think how would you make these nice people united again with the people you consider the nicer ones at the moment.

Then start to realize that they all want their leaders. So the leaders are part of the solution.

Then stop to your hateful thinking and stop to speak about "crimes", and start to find a possible scenario that makes all sides happy. It's not by branding Abhisit a murderer or Thaksin a terrorist that one can set the base of any constructive talk.

You are not ready to think about reconciliation at all. You are too passionate. You just want to see Thaksin in prison. That only brings a natural answer, which is to send Abhisit and Suthep to prison for their "crimes" too.

That's no constructive way to speak about reconciliation. You are better at speaking about going on with confrontation...

Are you saying that all the pro-Thaksin camp want is that Thaksin comes back with his crimes whitewashed, and that's it? They don't want anything else? I really don't think that there would be huge protests if Abhisit and Suthep were actually found guilty and sent to jail.

How does this sound as a compromise? Allow Thaksin to come back but to serve his time in jail, and have Abhisit and Suthep go through their courts cases. What about this? Have Thaksin stay away from Thailand and stay out of politics (how many times has he promised that??) and protests will stop. See, compromise is about both sides giving in to something. That is something that you simply don't get.

Can you tell me where the compromise is with having Thaksin come back with his crimes white washed? Getting everything your own way is NOT compromise. If you think that is compromise, or you think that is part of "reconciliation", then ... well, what can I say?

What I don't think you realise is that having Thaksin whitewashed of his crimes is unacceptable to a large proportion of the Thai population. That is simply not on the table as far as the anti-Thaksin side is concerned. Having Thaksin back will not make all sides happy. Just as giving amnesty to Abhisit and Suthep will not make all sides happy (That won't even make Abhisit and Suthep happy.)

One thing I don't get is why the red shirts want him back above all else? They have their party in power. They have the policies that gives them money. WHY do they need Thaksin. All that trying to get Thaksin back charge free is risk everything that they do have.

" Allow Thaksin to come back but to serve his time in jail, and have Abhisit and Suthep go through their courts cases. What about this? Have Thaksin stay away from Thailand and stay out of politics (how many times has he promised that??) and protests will stop."

How is either scenario a compromise? The first is the current political position, the second is a natural consequence of a despot giving up.

" Allow Thaksin to come back but to serve his time in jail, and have Abhisit and Suthep go through their courts cases. What about this? Have Thaksin stay away from Thailand and stay out of politics (how many times has he promised that??) and protests will stop."

How is either scenario a compromise? The first is the current political position, the second is a natural consequence of a despot giving up.

They are compromises compared to giving amnesty to all of them.