Tourist season: it's started

JSixpack

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you send the hot Russian women to the darkside, I'll graciously let you keep the rest.

Why would you want a Russian lady? The quality of service from Thai laddies is second to none IMHO

Is this a 'typo'?

The quality of service from Thai laddies ... the 'd' and the 's' are next to each other on the keyboard ... whistling.gif

Maybe you meant to write ... Why would you want a Russian lady? The quality of service from Thai laddies lassies is second to none IMHO

• Like 1

If you send the hot Russian women to the darkside, I'll graciously let you keep the rest.

Why would you want a Russian lady? The quality of service from Thai laddies is second to none IMHO

Is this a 'typo'?

The quality of service from Thai laddies ... the 'd' and the 's' are next to each other on the keyboard ... whistling.gif

Maybe you meant to write ... Why would you want a Russian lady? The quality of service from Thai laddies lassies is second to none IMHO

Are you sure that was a Freudian slip, David? :)

Personally, I prefer Ubangi-bangi women, but they're scarce in these parts.

• Like 1

Yes, the season is upon us, going full tilt in Chiang Mai. Caught an amusing scene at my favorite pharmacy. A pack of Chinese ladies were in there, buying various off the shelf items. There are price stickers on everything in there, and the ladies were trying to press for a discount on every piece. They seemed annoyed when the Thai proprietor pointed at his ear and gave them a smile, the universal signal for no speak Chinese, sorry. No speak discount, either.

It's a narrow shop, and I needed to get by these ladies to get to the rear, and they acted as if I were invisible. I was wondering if I would need to bust an Earl Campbell move on them, plowing through the Chinese wall, but they moved over after I got up close.

This morning's lovely sight was some variety of Euro middle aged peroxide blonde, stuffed into and popping all out of a short-shorts/halter top ensemble. Cellulite City, on parade by the moat.

Yes, it seems Chiang Mai is going to be buried in tourists again this year. And I actually thought of going to Pattaya for a few days to get away from it all!

On a side note, I guess the naysayers who are always predicting the death of tourism in Thailand is way wrong yet again.

Is this a 'typo'?

Yes it was a typo. I meant to write ladies but as it did not come up as a misspelt word I did notice my error. it is surprising how one wrong letter can have such a drastic difference to my intended meaning.

• Like 1

Is this a 'typo'?

Are you sure that was a Freudian slip, David? smile.png

Personally, I prefer Ubangi-bangi women, but they're scarce in these parts.

+1 ... Mate, I waited an hour ... but my likes have not returned.

Nice ... thumbsup.gif

BTW ... thay have NZ @ $1.40 against England ... a tad generous I feel.

I might have a wee bite that that.

Is this a 'typo'?

Yes it was a typo. I meant to write ladies but as it did not come up as a misspelt word I did notice my error. it is surprising how one wrong letter can have such a drastic difference to my intended meaning.

Mate, I'd 'like' your comment if I could ... have ran out for the day.

I did allude to the possible mistake (the 'd' and the 's' are next to each) ... it's the 'benefit of the doubt' ... and, in this case ... in your favour ... thumbsup.gif

Post often ... and have some fun!

Just curious...I'm assuming your living here full time...I that's correct, pray tell why high season is your favorite time of year. For most of us, it's a real downer and I, for one, go into semi-hibernation.

For several reasons:

• the weather's the best of the year; relatively cool, months of sunshine, wonderful views off the coast
  • great time to take a nice long trip on the bike
  • thousands of beautiful Thai women arrive to meet the seasonal demand
  • thousands of beautiful Russian women arrive to enhance the scenery--at the least
  • the city takes on a sense of intensity and excitement; frequent parties throughout the bar scene; New Year's, a big blowout
  • you may meet, of all things, an interesting tourist; I have met some real characters among the riff-raff; so many nationalities and cultures meet HERE, a crossroads of the world
  • business is good, tips are good, so Thai staff are generally in their best mood

I find it a real upper, not a downer at all except for the traffic and parking.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

I'm curious - for those who live on the darkside and rarely venture into central Patts, how much different is high season for you ? I know you still have to get to the shops etc, and I accept that the traffic must be hideous, but I would hope that very few tourists find their way over to your side of Suk - anyone ?

Thankfully nearly all tourists would not know East Pattaya exisited, rarely see them

and you never will unless some thing really radical happens to WS, Beach road , 2nd road, Lk metro area etc, id imagine only 1 in 200 tourists know it exists,

ive only been there twice in 10 visits, simply too tiresome to get to and return from, and no 'need' to go there anyway, i stay off soi buckhowe when i visit,

everything i want within walking distance, I hardly ever visit WS any more let alone the Darkside, other than Germans most tourists dont even know

the Nakula area

This is my first Darkside residency. I am loving it, compared to what I saw today. I had to swing down soi 8 and over to the police station on 9 (to start the process of getting my driver licences replaced due to loss). OMG, there was a parade of kids, booming mobile music trucks, baht buses, motorcycles and cars tangled up, barebacked Russian males and all manner of tourists in a heaving mass, bars with retirees shoulder-to-shoulder in their Chang wifebeaters. It was like I woke up on the other side of the world. Have a nice holiday everyone. I'll be staying over here.

• Like 1

This is my first Darkside residency. I am loving it, compared to what I saw today. I had to swing down soi 8 and over to the police station on 9 (to start the process of getting my driver licences replaced due to loss). OMG, there was a parade of kids, booming mobile music trucks, baht buses, motorcycles and cars tangled up, barebacked Russian males and all manner of tourists in a heaving mass, bars with retirees shoulder-to-shoulder in their Chang wifebeaters. It was like I woke up on the other side of the world. Have a nice holiday everyone. I'll be staying over here.

It's the great circus! Sit, relax, have a drink, watch & enjoy against the background of the sea and islands in the distance. Favorite game: trying to figure out how some of the odd couples got together. Nothin' like it.

• Like 1

Well I live in a village in north pattaya near BKK/Patt hospital and it is exactly the same here peace and quiet all year long.

If I want to avoid the downtown madness (which is not often) I can just do my shopping in nearby Naklua town which looks surprisingly like all other small town in Thailand.

10 min ride on my bike and I am on beach road without crossing the dreaded sukhumvit road.

• Like 1

I'm curious - for those who live on the darkside and rarely venture into central Patts, how much different is high season for you ? I know you still have to get to the shops etc, and I accept that the traffic must be hideous, but I would hope that very few tourists find their way over to your side of Suk - anyone ?

Thankfully nearly all tourists would not know East Pattaya exisited, rarely see them

and you never will unless some thing really radical happens to WS, Beach road , 2nd road, Lk metro area etc, id imagine only 1 in 200 tourists know it exists,

ive only been there twice in 10 visits, simply too tiresome to get to and return from, and no 'need' to go there anyway, i stay off soi buckhowe when i visit,

everything i want within walking distance, I hardly ever visit WS any more let alone the Darkside, other than Germans most tourists dont even know

the Nakula area

I live in East Pattaya, only go into town of an evening perhaps twice a month for dinner and drinks with wife. First came to Pattaya in 1987 on my way from London to Sydney and it was great fun for 3/4 nights then took a great Thai woman to Koh Samet for 10 days, even better! Since then the bar scene vibe has changed dramatically & very happy I have no 'need' to go to central Pattaya.

Just curious...I'm assuming your living here full time...I that's correct, pray tell why high season is your favorite time of year. For most of us, it's a real downer and I, for one, go into semi-hibernation.

For several reasons:

• the weather's the best of the year; relatively cool, months of sunshine, wonderful views off the coast
  • thousands of beautiful Russian women arrive to enhance the scenery--at the least
  • the city takes on a sense of intensity and excitement; frequent parties throughout the bar scene; New Year's, a big blowout
  • you may meet, of all things, an interesting tourist; I have met some real characters among the riff-raff; so many nationalities and cultures meet HERE, a crossroads of the world
  • business is good, tips are good, so Thai staff are generally in their best mood

Ok...got it. You're basically still enamored with the bar scene. Agree with about the weather, at least until mid to late March.

I love high seasons and not only for business reasons.

Pattaya is a resort town, tourist resort town.

Without tourists its sad and boring.

Locals are happier, more places open, more people around, its all alive.

Traffic is a pain,i guess, but no more problems than usual when riding bike.

Wish it was high season all year round

• Like 2

What's the points spread? Or should I be asking that of the guy who prefers Thai women?

6 1/2 ... it will be a cracker of a game.

Don't forget the Poms are at home so will have the crowd behind them.

First real test for NZ ... and they will triumph.

As for the other game ... they give Fiji no hope ... 36 1/2 points start ... facepalm.gif

I reckon that's a bit generous.

BTW ... I quite like Pattaya for all it's quirks ... good and bad everywhere.

Do you live there/close by?

For several reasons:

Ok...got it. You're basically still enamored with the bar scene. Agree with about the weather, at least until mid to late March.

Only two of my seven points related directly to the bar scene.

The bar scene is critical to Pattaya's identity of course. No bar scene, no Pattaya as we know it.

Edited by JSixpack

For several reasons:

Only two of my seven points related directly to the bar scene.

The bar scene is critical to Pattaya's identity of course. No bar scene, no Pattaya as we know it.

I agree...we've all been there. Just sayin many don't have any interest anymore and the high season and all it brings is a real pita for us. However, for others, enjoy.

• Like 1

no doubt the greedy baht bus drivers will start cruising the streets for the group jobs and ignore the lone guy waiting for a 10baht ride. It sucks when I have to wait long time all due to the high season...

I don't live in Pattaya, but have visited there during all seasons ... I never recall this occurring to me.

Maybe it's because I'm a hansum man* ... w00t.gif

JT ... do you experience this ... single man not being pick-up during the high season?

* not saying that my namesake above isn't !

Not really so much about avoiding picking up singles but more like seeking charter "taxi" riders than 10 baht "bus" riders ...

The drivers would generally assume singles waiting are looking for a "bus" ride and groups more likely to be sold a charter ...

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

What's the points spread? Or should I be asking that of the guy who prefers Thai women?

6 1/2 ... it will be a cracker of a game.

Don't forget the Poms are at home so will have the crowd behind them.

First real test for NZ ... and they will triumph.

As for the other game ... they give Fiji no hope ... 36 1/2 points start ... facepalm.gif

I reckon that's a bit generous.

BTW ... I quite like Pattaya for all it's quirks ... good and bad everywhere.

Do you live there/close by?

I live over on the darkside - maybe 6-7 km to Walking St. Only go over for the nightlife when friends are in town - but I don't exactly need to be dragged kicking and screaming. Where I live is a nice compromise - only a few minutes to market gardens and farms, and only a few minutes to some of the raunchiest nightlife in the world. A man has chosen well.

• Like 2

Yes, the season is upon us, going full tilt in Chiang Mai. Caught an amusing scene at my favorite pharmacy. A pack of Chinese ladies were in there, buying various off the shelf items. There are price stickers on everything in there, and the ladies were trying to press for a discount on every piece. They seemed annoyed when the Thai proprietor pointed at his ear and gave them a smile, the universal signal for no speak Chinese, sorry. No speak discount, either.

It's a narrow shop, and I needed to get by these ladies to get to the rear, and they acted as if I were invisible. I was wondering if I would need to bust an Earl Campbell move on them, plowing through the Chinese wall, but they moved over after I got up close.

This morning's lovely sight was some variety of Euro middle aged peroxide blonde, stuffed into and popping all out of a short-shorts/halter top ensemble. Cellulite City, on parade by the moat.

Yes, it seems Chiang Mai is going to be buried in tourists again this year. And I actually thought of going to Pattaya for a few days to get away from it all!

On a side note, I guess the naysayers who are always predicting the death of tourism in Thailand is way wrong yet again.

Are is for plural and is is for singular : The naysayers are wrong again , The naysayer is wrong again.