Protest leader vows to eliminate Thaksin regime

webfact

Hope that most of the above quotes are by farangs because it does seem to me that Thai politics is locked in some timewarp that most democracies moved out of a couple of centuries ago. There is a golden moment of opportunity here for the Thai people to establish a mature democracy but when you hear some of the ministers comments on the IMF, World Justice court, tourism, education etc you wonder if they are not old enough to wear long trousers. This country which has so much to offer in terms of culture, generosity of spirit and gorgeous people needs to tread very carefully in the next few years otherwise it risks serious economic decline and becoming the laughing stock of Asia. There are no easy solutions but it might not be a bad idea if the country starts looking outwards instead of inwards. I love this country and I think what irks me most is to see it going backwards;

".........needs to tread very carefully in the next few years otherwise it risks serious economic decline and becoming the laughing stock of Asia. "

I am afraid that has already happened in many ways. Certainly any other government in S.E.Asia watching the daily fiasco re rice sales and purchases must find it amusing. The economic decline is happening as we write, the country needs a steady hand at the financial helm. Thai politics is nothing if not entertaining.

" "................"Take a look at me now,'Cause that's just an empty space,But to wait for you is all I can do,And that's what I've got to face"

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope that most of the above quotes are by farangs because it does seem to me that Thai politics is locked in some timewarp that most democracies moved out of a couple of centuries ago. There is a golden moment of opportunity here for the Thai people to establish a mature democracy but when you hear some of the ministers comments on the IMF, World Justice court, tourism, education etc you wonder if they are not old enough to wear long trousers. This country which has so much to offer in terms of culture, generosity of spirit and gorgeous people needs to tread very carefully in the next few years otherwise it risks serious economic decline and becoming the laughing stock of Asia. There are no easy solutions but it might not be a bad idea if the country starts looking outwards instead of inwards. I love this country and I think what irks me most is to see it going backwards;

What golden opportunity?

The Democrat party are not interested in democracy, only preserving the old status quo so the same old monied families can continue to use Thailand as their own personal fiefdom. Hence their support for the PAD and the current protests. The Shinawatras are not interested either as stated by Police Lt. Col. Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra himself.

Just be thankful Thailand is no longer a place of absolutes or a military dictatorship.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well said and thought out Farangtalk!

I wonder: if the gun-ho anti-Thaksinistas have read the Thai Constitution.

Do they know about the feudal instituted system of appointing people to the Parliament? Do they know that the MPs can be appointed by the powers-that-are and not elected?

Or it makes no difference to the Farangs because Thai Democrats are lily-white as they are presumed to be in their respective countries?

• Like 2

Getting reaaaaaaallly tired and bored of reading the same thing all the time coffee1.gif

I do agree, he should pack his things and lose himself clap2.gif

Well, you should know - you write most of it.

There are 10 types of poster - those who write with their own opinions and the rest

Brutal

Take him out Suthep, by any means! You may criticize Suthep, as most politicians have their fair share of bad points, but he is a man of action and showing bravery by standing up, going to court cases against him & facing the opposition. Unlike a little coward in Dubai who uses people he wants to keep in poverty to die as martyrs for his gain.

Most here post on topics that they won't be challenged on... I like you cause you're not afraid to go against the grain.

Take him out Suthep, by any means! You may criticize Suthep, as most politicians have their fair share of bad points, but he is a man of action and showing bravery by standing up, going to court cases against him & facing the opposition. Unlike a little coward in Dubai who uses people he wants to keep in poverty to die as martyrs for his gain.

True. But he is also the one who famously said (right before the last election the Democrats lost): " I do not trust Farang!" His answer to a journalist's question to bring international observers and ensure a trouble free election.

He is the product of the 12 Mandates in Thai history. Wikipedia it and you will know why he said that. The 12 Mandates became part of unspoken Thai Law and culture and It has been passed on since to younger generations. Most Thai practice it but ignore the origin or why. It was during the Japanese occupation allowed by Pibunsongkhram: a great loss of face for the proud Thais.

• Like 2

And he risk a comfortable life as MP

What I do suggest to the protestors is that they take a 10 day break starting December 1st and totally clean up the site as the King's birthday is on the 5th December.

State that you are doing this to honour the King and when you come back you will get more support.

If you don't then you will lose support big time. The PTP will still be there when you get back and if not then you have won.

Nice idea but you think that after they pack and clean up they can go back to the same site?

Democracy Monument is not private property: it is part of thoroughfare.

Can anyone have the right and ability to hinder traffic, affect the lives and hurt commerce of a 13 million people city?

It shows that Democrats, Reds, Yellows, PTP et all are no different from one another. They all have this notion of entitlement.

Anyway, who paid the Reds during their protracted protest? Who is paying the Democrats and Yellows to stop their work and/or commerce and camp out for 3 weeks?

I would like to know what they are using for money to pay their bills.

Do not answer: TIT

I see you have some judgement issues comparing the Red/Thaksin protest of 2010, and the people's protest of 2013. Anyhow, since when can you only use private property when protesting in a democracy?

You are using Sophistry (look it up) to validate your feeling/opinion, not fact.

Will you give and answer/clarification to the questions in my comment? "

"Can anyone have the right and ability to hinder traffic, affect the lives and hurt commerce of a 13 million people city?

Anyway, who paid the Reds during their protracted protest?

Who is paying the Democrats and Yellows to stop their work and/or commerce and camp out for 3 weeks?"

What golden opportunity?

The Democrat party are not interested in democracy, only preserving the old status quo so the same old monied families can continue to use Thailand as their own personal fiefdom. Hence their support for the PAD and the current protests. The Shinawatras are not interested either as stated by Police Lt. Col. Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra himself.

Just be thankful Thailand is no longer a place of absolutes or a military dictatorship.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wasn't aware that this protest against was sponsored by the PAD, the moneyed elite the Democrats or the old status quo. What I've seen at the protests are people from every strata of society opposing this government on the grounds of overstepping their powers. They weren't bought, but they were certainly looking after their own interests rather than those of their leaders. It's takes time but Thailand will eventually lose its taste for instant coffee. Think outside the box man.

Ah someone who seems to understand !

Then the question to this protest leaders : why the majority of Thai people's chosen PM Yinluck by Democratic election as There's political leader of Thailand !!??

Which leads to the question why the Shinawatras had to buy so much for vote buying......

And he risk a comfortable life as MP

You mean as a sacrifice for the protesting? Have to give one thing up in order to achieve another.

People can criticize him, but rather than typing on his keyboard he is out there taking action. An enemy of Thaksin is a friend of ours, if he is to adapt the words of churchhill regarding stalin's joining the allies.

Edited by gemini81

True. But he is also the one who famously said (right before the last election the Democrats lost): " I do not trust Farang!" His answer to a journalist's question to bring international observers and ensure a trouble free election.

He is the product of the 12 Mandates in Thai history. Wikipedia it and you will know why he said that. The 12 Mandates became part of unspoken Thai Law and culture and It has been passed on since to younger generations. Most Thai practice it but ignore the origin or why. It was during the Japanese occupation allowed by Pibunsongkhram: a great loss of face for the proud Thais.

If you pick the lesser of the two evils, go with Suthep, who isn't as cowardly as a female dog, unlike his opponent, who also despises those of non Asian descent; this guy, less so, and he is not cheating, swindling extorting like his adversary.

Then the question to this protest leaders : why the majority of Thai people's chosen PM Yinluck by Democratic election as There's political leader of Thailand !!??

Chris, Chris. This has been explained so many times. One more time for you.

48% of the votes cast in an election where approx 75% of the electorate actually voted were for PTP. 48% of 75% is not the majority of Thai people.

Yingluck was a party list MP whose brother placed her in the PM role. Perhaps some people thought they were voting for Yingluck as there political leader, but have since found out who the real leader is.

The red shirt/PTP propaganda machine, and indeed Yingluck herself often refer to her "landslide victory" and "absolute majority" - neither of which are strictly true, But they use journalistic licences for emphasis whistling.gif

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

Then the question to this protest leaders : why the majority of Thai people's chosen PM Yinluck as There's political leader of Thailand !!??

Chris, the votes were BOUGHT, preying on the uneducated and pressured by red villages, village leaders, and empty promises; people who can only see on the micro level. You sound thick enough to join them!

Getting reaaaaaaallly tired and bored of reading the same thing all the time Posted Image 

I do agree, he should pack his things and lose himself Posted Image

The old fart won a few battles this week - and made a lot of people happy

Old fart.... :rolleyes: That suits him quite well.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I felt the same way. It's time to pack up and go home. Don't overdo it; otherwise, there will be no support from the people. As it is, the rally creates hardship to the surrounding businesses. The first intention was to revote the amnesty bill. You achieved it. Now, you want to eliminate Thaksin's regime. Are you out of your mind? Stop for the sake of the country. Don't go overboard. Take it a step at a time. If you push it to the edge of an envelope, the result will be different.

I hardly see "hardship to the surrounding businesses" - Besides the Benz dealership, most of the affected businesses in the area are small to medium-sized restaurants. The corner Bars and local street cafes are making a killing. Then we've got the Lawyers Council, Journalist Association, Queen Sirikit Gallery and a few other insurance co.'s and legal offices - all of which are still accessible as one normally does not use Ratchadamnoen to get to them (Parking is from the back roads) which aren't blocked.

"If you push it to the edge of an envelope, the result will be different." - what does this mean? If you don't push to the end then you'll have the same result?? Exactly what people don't want. They want a different outcome - tired of putting up with the same result year-in-year-out.

Edited by SABloke

Getting reaaaaaaallly tired and bored of reading the same thing all the time coffee1.gif

I do agree, he should pack his things and lose himself clap2.gif

Old fart.... rolleyes.gif That suits him quite well.

Probably describes a lot of expats on this very forum too!

• Like 2

Nice idea but you think that after they pack and clean up they can go back to the same site?

Democracy Monument is not private property: it is part of thoroughfare.

Can anyone have the right and ability to hinder traffic, affect the lives and hurt commerce of a 13 million people city?

It shows that Democrats, Reds, Yellows, PTP et all are no different from one another. They all have this notion of entitlement.

Anyway, who paid the Reds during their protracted protest? Who is paying the Democrats and Yellows to stop their work and/or commerce and camp out for 3 weeks?

I would like to know what they are using for money to pay their bills.

Do not answer: TIT

I see you have some judgement issues comparing the Red/Thaksin protest of 2010, and the people's protest of 2013. Anyhow, since when can you only use private property when protesting in a democracy?

You are using Sophistry (look it up) to validate your feeling/opinion, not fact.

Will you give and answer/clarification to the questions in my comment? "

"Can anyone have the right and ability to hinder traffic, affect the lives and hurt commerce of a 13 million people city?

Anyway, who paid the Reds during their protracted protest?

Who is paying the Democrats and Yellows to stop their work and/or commerce and camp out for 3 weeks?"

I said: since when can you only use private property when protesting in a democracy? That partly answers following: "Can anyone have the right and ability to hinder traffic, affect the lives and hurt commerce of a 13 million people city? Affecting lives and commerce of 13 million people.... I won't even comment on a ridiculous statement like that.

Anyway, who paid the Reds during their protracted protest? Thaksin

Who is paying the Democrats and Yellows to stop their work and/or commerce and camp out for 3 weeks?" Democrats are paid by Democrats i Guess. I didn't see a lot of yellow. I saw the whole rainbow.

Blaming that the anti government protestors are yellow is soooooooo 2006. Come on man, grow up.

Pleased?

• Like 1

Just remember, '' a game or a war is not won until its lost!!

All the factions are still engaging in rhetoric engagement and will do so until as I wrote above the contest is lost.

Edited by siampolee

Getting reaaaaaaallly tired and bored of reading the same thing all the time Posted Image 

I do agree, he should pack his things and lose himself Posted Image

Old fart.... Posted Image That suits him quite well.

Probably describes a lot of expats on this very forum too!

I did not really want to write this... But... on this point I am afraid I have to fully agree with you :D

Which leads to the question why the Shinawatras had to buy so much for vote buying......

How many of the electorate voted for her?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I felt the same way. It's time to pack up and go home. Don't overdo it; otherwise, there will be no support from the people. As it is, the rally creates hardship to the surrounding businesses. The first intention was to revote the amnesty bill. You achieved it. Now, you want to eliminate Thaksin's regime. Are you out of your mind? Stop for the sake of the country. Don't go overboard. Take it a step at a time. If you push it to the edge of an envelope, the result will be different.

bout time someone removed Mr T's hand from Mrs Y's cute arse.