How much money to live for 7 months?

whitethai

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody is different. As an older guy on a budget I'm spending 8500b a month on a room near the old Carrefour/Big C. Food around 150b a day. A few beers around the same though some days no beer. Motorcycle hire 2700b a month fuel 300b a week( I ride a lot ) A massage every day 200b plus tip.Female company from 500b as often and to whatever you are prepared to spend.

• Like 1

Booze, birds, Tabs, Guest house or Condo 800 to 1000 GBP a month to have an ok to good time not to mad .thumbsup.gif

Better to come here and live like a king for 2 months than a pauper for six.

Better somewhere in between ??

Living like a king takes its toll of your body ?

Edited by Chivas

How long is a piece of string. I am sure what I spend weekly would make a balloon chaser cry if he spent over 6 months..... You gets what you pays for.

How long is a piece of string? Easy, twice the distance from the middle to either end.

OP, depends on your lifestyle. Make sure your visa arrangements are in order.

I live in A million baht A year in Bangkok.I imagine Pattaya about the same.I like to have fun.

That is one of the more realistic assessments that I have read on here "thrilled" --I know we get quotes here from guys staying in [remote areas] & living on cracker biscuits. & it is do-able, especially if you have a long term honey.

But when you are coming to holiday for 6 months in a party town like Pattaya, an average of $us88 a day isn't extreme.

Bet ya get flamed though.........facepalm.gif

Yes, I own my own condo and therefore don't have much in way of accommodation expenses and don't do the bars or any other kind of "sight" seeing or traveling and still have to make an effort at sticking to a monthly budget of around Baht 70,000.

As Oxo suggests, apparently some people do manage to "exist" in a thatched hut, eating roots & berries and having a good time on under Baht 20,000 a month, but I can't see much point in traveling to Thailand, especially to Pattaya for a holiday, and then leading a monastic life of materialistic denial ... unless of course your aim is self-flagellation for personal enjoyment ... in which case there's this for $29.99. It's rechargeable and you can save the cost of travelling.

flagellator.jpg

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

20k per month if you stay in a cheap room and stay away from the girls.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Quite possible for sure, but I was wondering what it was that made those 8 months back in 2007 "awesome", I can hardly imagine living in a cheap room avoiding women could be described as such.

280,000 baht

Do you take care of a lot of sick buffalos giggle.gif

It's 40k/month... Most ppl I know spend that on a fun weekend in PTA smile.png

But sure, some ppl bring doggy bags to Apex, some tip the girls they grope with lollipops, some share their girl's 3,000 baht/month room, some only drink beer at 7-11 or draft beer at happy hour - and make sure each beer last 2 hours, some convince themselves it is out of principle they never buy lady drinks and some even find various ways to get their girl to pay for them. I guess 40k will cut it then biggrin.png

Edited by monkeycountry

20k per month if you stay in a cheap room and stay away from the girls.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

WWWHHHAAATTT?????? YOUR JOKING RIGHT?

I agree it is low but perfectly doable if you like the sun, sea, swimming and reading books (plenty can be sourced cheaply) with basic food and few occasional coolies.

Quite frankly I would much prefer to live that lifestyle then sat in a freezing cold apartment in the cold of winter when you make the choice of eat or heat.....

I know which I would prefer every day of the week.

• Like 2