Pheu Thai issues statement to denounce Constitutional Court's ruling

Lite Beer

Taxi for Pheu Thai. 

You won't be missed when you're gone.

I'll stick my neck out and say they will be.

Much rather have this bunch of goons in charge than what appears to be coming.

Be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Basically, what Pheu Thai are saying is, because they are the elected government, they can change the law as they like, regardless if it is against the constitution.

Therefore, they could change the law that says that the King is head of state. They can do that because they are the elected government.

Actually a very valid point. Doesn't this itself point towards how dangerous and ill-considered Phue Thai's stance is? This might also be the interpretation of the Army in which case . . . . . . ?

What this pack of maggots really deserve now is for the responsible legal entity to remove them from office, and require they and their political party/parties pay for the new election, nation wide.Then go for asset disclosure/seizure for the people to see that there are laws and enforcement in this country.

This is a chance for the Thai political system as it operates to be given a severe bitch slap, guilty parties repay some of what they have plundered from the national treasury, while sending a stern message to those who consider/participate in this type of self surving action in the future.

Go for the throat, no mercy rule allowed, and let the chips fall where they may, including any opposition who have been a pariticipant in this attempt at whitewashing a individuals/family'scronies, action for self benifet at the expense of all of the people in Thailand.

This would require concepts such as accountability, integrity, transparency, credibility, honesty, altruism, unselfishness, etc etc

In Thailand?

I don't think so! Nice thought though!

She makes some good points, I think but am not sure.

"You think but am not sure" implies that you do not know what you are talking about and do not understand this in the slightest so I would go and find a topic that you know something about and comment on that if I was you!!

I can summarise the basic points as to what has happened.

They attempted to turn Thailand into a dictatorship.

The Democrats lawyers know what they are doing whereas the Pheu Thai lawyers are at your level on this.

They were not democratically voted into power as they maintain because they bought votes, lied to uneducated stupid people to serve the purposes of one person and promised ill thought out and unimplementable populist policies in their mandate.

They got caught out being naughty boys and gals, don't like the fact that they were rumbled, and are threatening and pressurising the judges with their statements and with protest threats of impeachment against those judges.

They are thieving sons of bitches that care only for their own enrichment and that of a single fugitive when they are supposed to be representing the interests of the country and the Thai people.

Do you still think that she has made some good points??

• Like 1

They were not democratically voted into power as they maintain because they bought votes, lied to uneducated stupid people to serve the purposes of one person and promised ill thought out and unimplementable populist policies in their mandate.

I must bring you up on this, regardless of what you think happened, the fact still remains the PTP were - according to the Election Commission - voted in democratically. There's no * next to the result, there's no pending complaints to be heard by either the Election Commission or the Constitutional Court. This point has been moot for a year and a bit now. Like the PTP, you also, should stop living in the past.

They've made enough errors for the Opposition to keep the Constitutional Court busy for the next couple of months with case after case.

The rest of your argument I agree with the Opposition is definitely sitting in pole position and holds the upper hand at the moment. Suthep just needs to find the balance in order to maintain this advantage.

• Like 1

Don't understand the rancour here. When someone explains to me, unemotionally, and entirely rationally, why it is unconstitutional or undemocratic (or both) to have a wholly elected senate, I will respect the comments more. Right now it's all hyperbole and unsupported claims about the motives of the government. Yes they might obtain a majority - if their majority support still stands. But that is no more undemocratic than having a senate permanently weighted in favour of the middle-class and elite.

Thailand certainly wouldn't be alone with an elected senate, and I don't see anyone claiming the Western countries involved are somehow undemocratic as a result.

Taxi for Pheu Thai.

You won't be missed when you're gone.

I'll stick my neck out and say they will be.

Much rather have this bunch of goons in charge than what appears to be coming.

Be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I see where you are coming from, but I also see where Thailand is headed under Thaksin, and it's not pretty either. At the moment, Thailand can't win either way.

8) After the Parliament passed the bill in the third reading and the prime minister submitted the bill for the royal command, the next step will depend as to whether the King will approve the bill or wait until 90 days without sending the bill back to the Parliament. But the court violated the King's power by accepting the petitions against the bill for reviewing without basing its decision on any provision of the charter.

This is my favourite. As far as i understand it The PM has 20 days to submit the bill for Royal command. Even though the PM and government knew that a complaint had been passed to the CC she went ahead the next day and sent it off to the King.

But some excellent info here:

http://asiancorrespondent.com/113913/yingluck-and-the-submitting-of-the-charter-amendment-to-the-king/

So where - in that precise of yours - was any protocol broken?

Okay, you are saying she ignored a complaint which may or may not have been lodged in an appropriate manner at an appropriate time, but I gather she didn't break any rules. Your criticism seems based on the fact that she ignored a complaint which itself may have been made outside the very set of procedural steps that she is said to have followed, is that right?

Following the PTP ogic, in future they would just have to immediately submit any bill to His Majesty asap, because then any legal challenge, whether justified or not, can be denounced as Lese Majeste. OMG, this country has become a real Banana Republic as far as political culture is concerned.

8) After the Parliament passed the bill in the third reading and the prime minister submitted the bill for the royal command, the next step will depend as to whether the King will approve the bill or wait until 90 days without sending the bill back to the Parliament. But the court violated the King's power by accepting the petitions against the bill for reviewing without basing its decision on any provision of the charter.

I think point 8 is treading on dangerous ground in terms of violating section 112...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The counterargument is that Yingluck strayed over the 112 boundary by sending the bill for royal endorsement despite knowing of the possibility of it being shot down by the Constitutional Court.