Legal age of consent in Thailand 16 or 18

quiuvo

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once was told that 16 is the legal age of consent for ladies to have sex if no money was involved. I was then told by many Thais that it is 18. Which one is it?

You really are everything that is bad about foreigners in Thailand. You are obviously interested in having sex with young girls, girls who are desperate for money. You make me sick.

I couldn't agree more with you.

This post showed perverts, then pedo and incest.

Really sick to see. About the guy who say if you don't like to see old man with young girls look somewhere else. I tell you 2 things:

-If I'd see you with an underaged girl in the street I'd punch you in the face.

-This is really wrong in many ways, just take a look at yourself in the mirror next to her and dare to say its "ok"!

I wish a mod close this topic unless you want thaivisa forums to look like a pedobear forum.

Has anyone on this thread actually condoned sexual relationships with underage girls (17 and below) in Thailand or anywhere for that matter?

I thought not, not that that will stop the ridiculous nonsense being spouted on this thread. Soon someone will be advocating attacking 'pediatricians'.

• Like 2

I once was told that 16 is the legal age of consent for ladies to have sex if no money was involved. I was then told by many Thais that it is 18. Which one is it?

You really are everything that is bad about foreigners in Thailand. You are obviously interested in having sex with young girls, girls who are desperate for money. You make me sick.

I couldn't agree more with you.

This post showed perverts, then pedo and incest.

Really sick to see. About the guy who say if you don't like to see old man with young girls look somewhere else. I tell you 2 things:

-If I'd see you with an underaged girl in the street I'd punch you in the face.

-This is really wrong in many ways, just take a look at yourself in the mirror next to her and dare to say its "ok"!

I wish a mod close this topic unless you want thaivisa forums to look like a pedobear forum.

Has anyone on this thread actually condoned sexual relationships with underage girls (17 and below) in Thailand or anywhere for that matter?

I thought not, not that that will stop the ridiculous nonsense being spouted on this thread. Soon someone will be advocating attacking 'pediatricians'.

For Aussies 16 and below.

So what if she is! As long as she's of legal age, it's legal. That's what a free world is all about. Some people sell their kidney, others their youth.

Not everyone wants to wake up with someone looks like their granny did, and if both parties get what they want, it's no one else's business.

Why don't some people on here have a go at Hugh Heffner, rather than attacking anonymous people on this forum.

Most women dont want to wake up to someone that looks like their granddad, ESPECIALLY young women. However, old geezers know they can come here with the financial upper hand, so can buy younger ass. One can only hope the women get some action on the side from someone less repugnant.

Sounds like a case of you judge people by appearance rather than any other measure of substance. People come in many shapes and sizes wrinkled and unwrinkled. Sometimes bad people look good and good people look bad. Try getting beneath the surface to find the real person.

It is nice to know you think I am repugnant because I am older than you. That is one of the reasons I moved to Thailand. It is good that I am reminded that people like you still exist in the West and makes the little things that may go wrong here seem less important.

cant see anything odd with any of these pictures?

300_769807.jpgrupert-elmerson.jpgbest-old-lovers-pic-google1.jpg .... b_32edd12337840686073.jpg

For the record, my words were turning a mirror on folks that say they wouldnt want to be with a woman their own age (or similar) because the idea of their bodies turns them off. POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK time. Funny how i get pulled up for saying what most of the men on this forum say, but in reverse. lol. Oh the irony.

Don't know, but some things come to mind. 1. The saying that if you have to ask, you can't afford it. In this case the problems that ensue. 2. Having worked in Kentucky, I remember the stories of eastern Kentucky in breeding 3. I am getting increasingly irritated with extra territorial claims of the U.S. While in no way defending underage in this case, I do not recognize the U.S. Enforcing its laws in other lands any more than I would recognize the unilateral enforcing of Chinese claims to the entire South China Sea.

For the record, my words were turning a mirror on folks that say they wouldnt want to be with a woman their own age (or similar) because the idea of their bodies turns them off. POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK time. Funny how i get pulled up for saying what most of the men on this forum say, but in reverse. lol. Oh the irony.

The men are buying, and the girls are selling.

When you are the purchaser, you get to choose the purchase.

Most of the men on this forum aren't running around shouting buy me, buy me.

So what if she is! As long as she's of legal age, it's legal. That's what a free world is all about. Some people sell their kidney, others their youth.

Not everyone wants to wake up with someone looks like their granny did, and if both parties get what they want, it's no one else's business.

Why don't some people on here have a go at Hugh Heffner, rather than attacking anonymous people on this forum.

Most women dont want to wake up to someone that looks like their granddad, ESPECIALLY young women. However, old geezers know they can come here with the financial upper hand, so can buy younger ass. One can only hope the women get some action on the side from someone less repugnant.

Sounds like a case of you judge people by appearance rather than any other measure of substance. People come in many shapes and sizes wrinkled and unwrinkled. Sometimes bad people look good and good people look bad. Try getting beneath the surface to find the real person.

It is nice to know you think I am repugnant because I am older than you. That is one of the reasons I moved to Thailand. It is good that I am reminded that people like you still exist in the West and makes the little things that may go wrong here seem less important.

In addition. No, i do not find you repugnant for being older than me..but i would find an old man repugnant if he tried to have sex with me. Clearer now? Yes, i do realise that many younger Thai women wouldnt tell you that, so living here makes old men feel hot..i know.. i know..

The men are buying, and the girls are selling.

When you are the purchaser, you get to choose the purchase.

Most of the men on this forum aren't running around shouting buy me, buy me.

...er i suspect most of the men on this forum couldnt.

No takers.

And what ever happened to individual freedom and choice of adult persons?

The norms favored by most men or women don't matter and are irrelevant.

What matters are the individual choices made by men and women of any (legal) age, not what the mob rule of normalcy wants to prescribe for them.

So you saying that young women in Thailand actually have real freedom of choice and thus CHOOSE to marry and sleep with a man more than double their age? Really?

What matters are the individual choices made by men and women of any (legal) age, not what the mob rule of normalcy wants to prescribe for them.

So you saying that young women in Thailand actually have real freedom of choice and thus CHOOSE to marry and sleep with a man more than double their age? Really?

They have the freedom to choose a backbreaking days work for little pay, or 5 minutes on their backs for a weeks pay.

What work they freely choose to do, is not their employers fault.

They have the freedom to choose a backbreaking days work for little pay, or 5 minutes on their backs for a weeks pay.

Not much of a "choice" though is it. Which is exactly what im on about. If there was any REAL choice, the chances are they wouldnt be choosing old men for partners.

Absolutely. There are plenty of women in Thailand who work regular jobs and either live alone or chose a normal Thai guy they met under normal circumstances.

Don't forget that most of the women dating men twice their age in most cases contribute absolutely nothing to the household.

What you call "real freedom of choice" doesn't exist. Every decision one makes is a compromise. In a perfect world, men too wouldn't have to work in jobs that don't pay well and make them want to throw up every day.

Wake up.

SorrySorry lara,

Not much of a "choice" though is it. Which is exactly what im on about. If there was any REAL choice, the chances are they wouldnt be choosing old men for partners.

Sorry, Lara, but you are way off base in this. not about whether you would be repulsed by an older man, but in the aspect of choice. If you are a young girl or boy sold into prostitution by your parents, maybe you have little choice. But the bargirls you see on Soi Cowboy, the women who go to the internet dating services to find an older husband, they have all the choices they need. They can work in a factory (they factories are constantly looking for more employees. They can work in a restaurant. They can beg. THey can rob banks. They can deal drugs. They can start their own business. People can and do choose each of these every single day. The fact that some young Thai women choose to be with older foreign men is just that, they choose to do it because the pluses outweigh the minuses in their minds.

It is all about choice.

• Like 2

So you are arguing that prostitution is a better choice than a poorly paid job?

Lots of women all over the world choose the poorly paid jobs.

Not every woman is lazy with poor moral character.

• Like 1

Don't worry, many of them are on the game to support some Thai handsome man. They usually claim that he is their "brother".

So you are arguing that prostitution is a better choice than a poorly paid job?

Lots of women all over the world choose the poorly paid jobs.

Not every woman is lazy with poor moral character.

And who are you to judge someone's moral character when you know nothing whatsoever about them?

Ok..i realise this is a grey area subject thats leading to a mudslinging match (of which i played a large hand in). Its also getting well off of topic. However, talking of which, has the topic not already been covered by now? ..shouldnt this have been closed well before the subject matter incensed the mob? (myself included)

In addition. No, i do not find you repugnant for being older than me..but i would find an old man repugnant if he tried to have sex with me. Clearer now? Yes, i do realise that many younger Thai women wouldnt tell you that, so living here makes old men feel hot..i know.. i know..

Nope that's not it. I can smile at any woman in Thailand and 90% will smile back and 50% will talk to me as I walk through the mall. If they have a child they will instruct the child to wai me.

Ask your grandmother and chances are one of her favorite movies is Gigi. Now it would be banned.

Not in Thailand. If one could throw out the NGO’s it would probably be a hit. It was a hit in 1958. Gigi won a record-breaking 9 Academy Award. I can’t even tell you about the plot now because of the PC nonsense that has taken over the West. Now I believe everyone in the cast would be thrown in jail for 20 years. In 1958 they got 9 Academy Awards. The story is about a 15 year old school girl becoming a ....... Well you can look it up but this post is right on topic if you wonder.

The nonsense of the West is making inroads in Thailand as one can see by reading this thread. But Thank goodness........

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

And who are you to judge someone's moral character when you know nothing whatsoever about them?

I'm fairly certain any prostitute can be judged 'of poor moral character' by anyone, just by knowing their profession.

You'll find that less prejudiced and more enlightened people have a less judgemental attitude (Jesus Christ included).

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain any prostitute can be judged 'of poor moral character' by anyone, just by knowing their profession.

A number of them are of better moral character than many politicians and bankers.

• Like 2

Ok..i realise this is a grey area subject thats leading to a mudslinging match (of which i played a large hand in). Its also getting well off of topic. However, talking of which, has the topic not already been covered by now? ..shouldnt this have been closed well before the subject matter incensed the mob? (myself included)

And who was it who started the mud slinging?

No need to answer

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And who was it who started the mud slinging?

No need to answer

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haha. Nice try.

It is quite amazing (Thailand) how quick this tread turned off topic into a mixture of paedophiles – which has nothing to do with teenagers between 16 and 18 – and young ladies or jailbaits together with “granddads”. Elderly men were never part of the OP’s question.
By the way, there are also ladies looking for a younger partner, the so-called cougars – you can also find them in Thailand, some of them even “come here with the financial upper hand, so can buy” (to reuse Lara C’s phrase) – and some young men really do like women quite a bit older than themselves. I have friends – and they are Western farang-farang – in well functional relationships, where the female is the older one, even one where the lady is double the age of the young man. And I will not fantasize about “action on the side…”
Yes, some women don’t want to wake up to someone that looks like their granddad.
Acceptance of age difference is a cultural norm – normally the male part will be the older one – that also applied in the Western countries in older time, when the man was considered the “provider” for the family. At that time the girl could be quite young – today be considered too young. In Thailand I often hear: »not good if man (boyfriend/husband) too young« – and that is not from bar girls, but “normal” women and families.
Furthermore, the “Pretty Woman”-dream seems to exist in all cultures. In the West you need to be either famous or rich – best if both – whilst being young and/or handsome is not that important, but of course an extra bonus.
Do most women want to wake up to someone that looks like a billionaire?
In Southeast Asia you may be something socially up level, just being farang, and self understood “rich”, fulfilling many little ladies – or young boys – dreams. If both parts do it freely and are happy, is there then something wrong with the Pretty Woman-dream?
I want to wake up with someone I like; being young is not a disqualification…!
To stay on topic: Just be aware that the 18-year rule applies – or 15 if with parental approval – and your home country don’t have stricter rules, which may apply for their citizens even when they are abroad.
  • Like 1

Yes they do.

You need to get out more, if you actually live in LOS.

I know that someone indoctrinated in western PC BS ( and I'm not accusing YOU of that ) would find it hard to believe that a young lady might CHOOSE to marry an old man, but it happens to be true.

BTW, are you aware of the young western women that are q'ing up to marry Hugh Heffner? How about that then?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

If you're going down that route, ALL politicians could be judged to be lying, corrupt thieves because a lot some of them are.

Is it OK if the woman sleeps around without getting paid, or is the well respected rich businessman that uses prostitutes still of "good character", or is it just women that use their only item of value to make a living that are deserving of your scorn?

If you're going down that route, ALL politicians could be judged to be lying, corrupt thieves because a lot some of them are.

Is it OK if the woman sleeps around without getting paid, or is the well respected rich businessman that uses prostitutes still of "good character", or is it just women that use their only item of value to make a living that are deserving of your scorn?

To answer your multitude of questions,

Anyone who sleeps around, yep, also low moral character

All politicians, yep, lying and corrupt, therefore low moral character

Rich businessman, you don't get there with high morals, poor businessman maybe, uses prostitutes, definitely low.

BTW

No scorn from me, I'm well and truly in the 'low' seating.

Edited by FiftyTwo

To answer your multitude of questions,

Anyone who sleeps around, yep, also low moral character

All politicians, yep, lying and corrupt, therefore low moral character

Rich businessman, you don't get there with high morals, poor businessman maybe, uses prostitutes, definitely low.

BTW

No scorn from me, I'm well and truly in the 'low' seating.

So basically, you agree with me that there is probably no difference in morality between prostitutes and almost everyone else, which is my position.

I have met prostitutes that are far more "moral" than most of the people ( including women ) in public office. In fact, some prostitutes I have met were nicer people than most of the people I have ever worked with.

BTW If Jesus Christ didn't have a problem associating with prostitutes, why should I?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2