Thai Airways - Shocking Grouund Service

Thanet

I just wanted to share with you all the shocking standard of Thai Airways service these days:

My wife was travelling from Sydney to Bangkok.

1) In Sydney she had changed her ticket date by calling your Bangkok office. The ticket date was changed, but the 2,000 Baht fee for this change was not charged to her account even though she provided the correct details, using the same debit card that she used to buy the ticket. She received an email confirmation that the reservation had been changed, so she thought that the process was complete

2) When she arrived at Sydney airport, she could not check in. The check in staff called the manager on duty, who was very rude and just kept repeating that the ticket was void, refusing to say why or offer help in any way. My wife was telling me this on the phone, so I asked to speak to the duty manager, who rudely told me that it was not her problem that (even though Thai Airways had itself made the change to the booking and sent a booking change confirmation). She then cut me off by handing the phone back to my wife

3) I called the Thai Airways customer service line in Bangkok, and included my wife by conference call. The customer service in Bangkok asked to speak to the Sydney manager on duty, but she refused to take the call

4) Eventually, after a full hour and a half – time that my wife thought that she would not be able to fly and was worrying all the time – the Thai Airways Sydney staff asked her for a credit card so that they could charge the 2,000 Baht. My wife gave them the same card that she used to book the ticket but they refused to accept it because it was a debit card and not a credit card. I had to give my own credit card number over the phone so that my wife could then check in and just make it to the plane in time

I’ve sent a complaint, but heard that Thai Airways ignores customer complaints, and doesn’t care about customer service, so I don’t expect a reply. Thai Airways treats its customers disgracefully, and should be ashamed to call itself a quality airline – maybe it was a quality airline once, but not now.

• Like 1

Make your complaint and I'm sure you'll receive a reply.

Actually, I am 99.9% sure he wont. THAI REFUSED to reimburse my the cost of a ticket that routed (transit)via BKK during the Yellow Shirts shenanigans a few years ago,Airport take over) I am still arguing with them.

Pretty simple, the cancelled the service and I bought a flight on SQ the day after THAI never arrived. I have never flown THAI again. Pricks.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach
  • Like 1

Actually, I am 99.9% sure he wont. THAI REFUSED to reimburse my the cost of a ticket that routed via BKK during the Yellow Shirts shenanigans a few years ago,Airport take over) I am still arguing with them.

Pretty simple, the cancelled the service and I bought a flight on SQ the day after THAI never arrived. I have never flown THAI again. Pricks.

So you did receive a reply, Chao Lao, as you state that you are still arguing with them?

Were you covered under your travel insurance policy?

Deleted, thinking about suing the pricks.

Sorry mate but I wouldn't consider travelling without appropriate insurance coverage. Saves years of argument. In fact, there would be no argument, whatsoever. Just a claim and settlement.

Good comprehensive insurance is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Had a similar exp. Lucky i picked it up that they hadnt deducted from my bank or otherwise no flight

Just remembered - Even though it all looked confirmed they actually never did swap it as i had to ring them personally - Always much better service with Sing in this respect

One would or should expect such hiccups and glitches to occur every now and than

with such a huge airline, but granted, no one it to happened to him,

and this is why it is always good to keep records of all transaction, payments and

communications with the airline and it would hurt to have a travel insurance policy

just in case...

• Like 1

Actually, I am 99.9% sure he wont. THAI REFUSED to reimburse my the cost of a ticket that routed (transit)via BKK during the Yellow Shirts shenanigans a few years ago,Airport take over) I am still arguing with them.

Do a chargeback on your credit card.

• Like 1

Happened to me once with Singapore.....I changed the departure date and got to the airport to be told I didn't have a valid booking. However, unlike Thai they were very helpful and after a fair bit of running around they got me onto the flight.

They advised that every time you change your booking over the phone you must ask for a reference number.

The way I see it is that the duty officer in Sydney was wrong even to the point that she refused to speak to her Thai employer.

Thai customer service did help OP.

My guess is that this duty officer will not be working much longer for Thai Airways.

But to claim that Thay Airways ground service sucks is a bit over the top.

Fact is that people from Thay Airways resolved the problem, problem which arose partly from not checking your debit card account.

Just my opinion.

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee
  • Like 1

The good news being that your wife did make the flight.

Okay, you might feel slightly aggrieved but Thai are definitely still a quality airline in my personal experience.

Good news she made the flight but I agree Thai offer very poor service (and expensive too).

I used stronger language but reconsidered in terms of defamation.

A complete contrast to Qantas in Sydney who will do everything possible to help.