Red Bull at 60 Baht each can

PeterSmiles

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai Red Bull is shit and tastes nothing like the ORIGINAL western (Europe) version. It's not even in the same ball park IMO.

Shark as others have mentioned is ok.

The Thai version is the ORIGINAL. The Austrian version is the copy version.

It was started by a Thai guy and his partner is Austrian.

Thai Red Bull is shit and tastes nothing like the ORIGINAL western (Europe) version. It's not even in the same ball park IMO.

The Thai version is the ORIGINAL. The Austrian version is the copy version

Double post.

Edited by krisb

At 60 baht it's about the same price i would have paid in the states for it, if not less even. I don't think it is a bad move to import it considering the large body of foreign persons in the country. I also agree with Mortenaa, it mixes with vodka better since it's carbonated.

No, it was started by a Thai guy.

The Austrian came much later, negotiating rights for much of the rest of the world.

• Like 1

hahaha, who ever buy shit "drinks" like red bull have to blame himself for trowing money out of the window. this "drink" contains only water and some cheap chemicals not worth together more than 3 cent euro or 1.3 baht inclusive the bin. greetings from coca cola. pepsi and so on :-D by the way big c is importing a lot stuff from europe very very cheap because of subventions of products by the europe union, but selling here this things very very expensive. is like stealing money with a licence. but not only big c do this. other big companies make the same. example i buy 1 lt 3.5% milk in germany for only about 25 bath, noodle products 500 gr for only 20 baht and 3 pizza for only 60 baht, a 1.5 lt cola drink for only 39 euro cent or 20 baht. and so on. and in germany get the staff much better paid, is not so much exploidet than in thailand, the transport is very expensive, the taxes high and this companies make in spite of all also a lot of money.

Personally I can't stand the Thai Red Bull no matter how cheap it is, it tastes like cough syrup to me. I would pay 200 baht a can for regular carbonated western style Red Bull.

You are correct, it taste less fizzy [actually no fizz], sweeter, thicker, like a syrup as opposed to the real thing. I rememeber my first trip to BKK and think wow, how cheap is Red Bull in this country. Then one taste and I knew why...

As for paying 200 baht, well you don't need to. It can be had for 60 baht.

Enjoy

Personally I can't stand the Thai Red Bull no matter how cheap it is, it tastes like cough syrup to me. I would pay 200 baht a can for regular carbonated western style Red Bull.

You are correct, it taste less fizzy [actually no fizz], sweeter, thicker, like a syrup as opposed to the real thing. I rememeber my first trip to BKK and think wow, how cheap is Red Bull in this country. Then one taste and I knew why...

As for paying 200 baht, well you don't need to. It can be had for 60 baht.

Enjoy

Edited by benden25

No, it was started by a Thai guy.

The Austrian came much later, negotiating rights for much of the rest of the world.

And the history changed. On the beginning he claimed that he developed it on himself and was only inspired by something he saw in Asia.

I recall the first interviews.

Way later the story with being partners came.

We buy it sometimes.

The normal red bull is so sweet that no one here want to drink it.

The red bull extra is OK

But the Austrian Red Bull is a light year better and it is also in Austria expensive.

But in Europe a bottle of coke also costs 3 times the price in Thailand.

So you think 60 Baht for a 0.2 l softdrink is acceptable in Thailand, and people agree to pay that price ?

Perhaps, It's freedom of choice".

"I know not what Red Bull others may drink, but as for me, give me the Austrian concoction or give me grief".

• Like 1

I imagine Big C asked themselves that question and decided that, yes, people would.

I recall discussing Thai logic and common sense on this forum not too long ago, and this is another

fine example I guess...

Yes because all Thai's are stupid, particularly ones that run successful businesses.

I think the people that want it should buy it, and the people that do not want it should not buy it.

Why are people willing to pay $100 for a bottle of booze when they can get virtually the same thing for $5?

If you're an effect drinker, go with the cheapest thing you can buy.

Or take Hoegaarden whitebeer or Paulaner whitebeer. 120 baht in Villa market for 0.2l. In germany 0.5 litre for 20 baht .

Thai will buy it, in the bars it costs even 175 baht for a glass.

Heineken is hi-so beer here, in Europe it is for lowclass cheapo's. There is even much cheaper beer though. Thailand is expensive in everything compared to germany. The portions of food here are also very small, i easy eat 2-3 dinners myself so compare that to Germany and dinners are even cheaper there.

@ h90 (too many quotes so I had to start a new one.)

Orange Juice:

I only drink "Green Garden" from Makro. 100% o.j., no water, no extra sugar, no conservatives AND no halal. It comes only in 5 l-canisters and you find it in the chilled food department near the dairy products.

The name is ONLY spelled in Thai but I am scared to use Thai language here. The price is 249 B, sometimes on sale for 239 B. Be aware. There is also a 40%-version which is cheaper and total crap. Stay away from that.

As a side note. The containers the o.j. comes in are also sold at makro. Empty for 49 B each.

Edited by khrab
  • Like 1

fresh orange/mandarin juice on the street is 50 baht for 3 bottles, i guess also a litre in total but i don't like it so much.

By the way how do you know the juice from the Makro is not made from dehydrated juice from Brasil and then mixed with water?

Edited by namdocmai