Information on Protest Sites

Scott

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, I went to Chonburi and returned to BKK in the late afternoon. There were several places where there were roadblocks set up. None were functioning at the time, but they had obviously been stopping vehicles.

Also this being the end of the month and a Friday, traffic and police will be an even bigger problem.

Planning on staying at the Landmark acouple days and then down to Pattaya. Tollway access to and from the Landmark is just a couple blocks down Suk. Would I be correct to assume I should not be bothered too much by the protests in this area or getting in and out of BKK?

There's traffic congestion on Sukhumwit Road in Samut Prakan due to protesters gathering at City Hall.

Well actually, when I turned left from Samrong Road into early Sukhumvit Road towards Bearing BTS station, there was an accident up the bridge of several 4-5 cars, there were at least 1-2 buses included in that accident, which was the reason of the delay, I haven't really spotted any protesters there, just a bunch of victims and police officers ...

BTW where is the city hall in Samut Prakan?

Edited by MaxLee

Will it be possible to get to immigration today (Friday).I read about some people that said they went last two days and were in and out quickly, while others said they gave up because of the traffic. So conflicting reports. 

Which area?

Chaeng Wattana was ok yesterday and should be situation normal (not sure if that's a good or a bad thing hahah) today but Samut Prakan's probably out of the question today..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BANGKOK: -- Motorists are warned to avoid Phetburi road near the Asoke Phetburi intersection as now several hundreds of anti-Thaksin demonstrators are gathering on Charn Issra Tower on Phetburi before marching to the office of the ruling Pheu Thai party on the same road to voice opposition to its current movement to defy the Constitution Court and its push for the amnesty bill.

They planned to start marching on the street to the office to blow whistles before noon.

Source: http://englishnews.t...rn-issra-tower/

From: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685198-information-on-protest-sites/#entry7097202

Im about 300m from asoke bts and even though i cant see from my apartment there's a lot of pa and whistles from that direction so avoid if u can

From my condo on Thonglor I can see many protesters on New Petchaburi Road walking toward Asoke, no traffic can get through.

Very noisy

• Like 1

Im about 300m from asoke bts and even though i cant see from my apartment there's a lot of pa and whistles from that direction so avoid if u can

From my condo on Thonglor I can see many protesters on New Petchaburi Road walking toward Asoke, no traffic can get through.

Very noisy

Cheers for the confirmation og. The way the noise reverberates through the high-rises I wasn't sure if the noise was coming from that direction as well.

Very noisy

Abhisit was on his way to Asoke and then onto the US Embassy, so expect Wireless Road to be a complete shitfight soon!

Will it be possible to get to immigration today (Friday).I read about some people that said they went last two days and were in and out quickly, while others said they gave up because of the traffic. So conflicting reports.

No problems getting to Chaeng Wattana today, and applying for a re-entry visa was quicker than usual. I got the free No. 166 bus from Victory Monument but was told there weren't any going back into town, so I took a taxi to Mor Chit. Traffic was light both ways.

Planning on staying at the Landmark acouple days and then down to Pattaya. Tollway access to and from the Landmark is just a couple blocks down Suk. Would I be correct to assume I should not be bothered too much by the protests in this area or getting in and out of BKK?

You should not expect any problem.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Grant.

Just that I'm coming 10 days hence, so was just wondering..............

Any problems in getting to Pattaya, by road, from Suvarnabhumi International Airport?

Road Blocks, Delays, etc.,

None that I've heard of today..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

10 days hence is anyone's guess.

But in past "episodes" like this, roads to Pattaya were no problem and in fact people intending to come to Bangkok often diverted accordingly.

As long as the airport itself is not shut down likely to be fine. (That has, unfortunately, been known to happen though...)