Information on Protest Sites

Scott

10 days hence is anyone's guess.

But in past "episodes" like this, roads to Pattaya were no problem and in fact people intending to come to Bangkok  often diverted accordingly.

As long as the airport itself is not shut down likely to be fine. (That has, unfortunately, been known to happen though...)

Indeed, 10 days is a long time, especially in this game...

The benefit, I guess, this time 'round is that DMK is effectively currently operating as an international airport. So, for the most part, could in theory handle the overflow from a potentially closed swampy without a rushed increase of infrastructure.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siam Discovery & Siam Paragon will CLOSE for 1 day

Police close Rama 1 Rd inbound from Ratchaprasong to Chalermpao -

See here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685649-breaking-thailand-live-sunday-1-dec-2013/?p=7105073

Link to a map with protest sites here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685649-breaking-thailand-live-sunday

From the Live Updates:

Traffic Police says avoid Paholyothin Rd. from Lat Phrao intersection to VictoryMonument; protesters at Channel 7 use vehicles 2 block road /MCOT

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685649-breaking-thailand-live-sunday-1-dec-2013/?p=7106677

And this:

RT@RichardBarrow: protest outside ch3 has 1/2 of Rama IV blocked off &maybe 1000 ppl but traffic still going thru slowly pic.twitter.com/zpLAIeYgyE

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685649-breaking-thailand-live-sunday-1-dec-2013/?p=7106683

I've got to go to saraburi today and I see the red shirt rally has dispersed. Any update on the traffic heading in that direction? Cheers

coming from where?

If Bkk Rte 1 out of the city is Ok but getting to it may be another matter.

How is the situation in Chaengwattana? I have to go for immigration visa related matters to the Government complex?

RT@RichardBarrow: RT @winaungtweet: I need to go to Immigration for Visa Extension tomorrow, kindly advise. Seems like it's out of question => Looks like it

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685649-breaking-thailand-live-sunday-1-dec-2013/?p=7106837

I've got to go to saraburi today and I see the red shirt rally has dispersed. Any update on the traffic heading in that direction? Cheers

coming from where?

If Bkk Rte 1 out of the city is Ok but getting to it may be another matter.

Cheers cheryl just got back. Tollway, off at din daeng and down asoke. V light traffic

How is the situation in Chaengwattana? I have to go for immigration visa related matters to the Government complex?

RT@RichardBarrow: RT @winaungtweet: I need to go to Immigration for Visa Extension tomorrow, kindly advise. Seems like it's out of question => Looks like it

http://bangkok.immig...ng.imperial.jpg

for more information, call 1111

Source: Immigration Bureau 2013-12-01

I called this suggested number on the link, and they told me that the new location only serves only 3 nationalities Myanmar, Khmer and Laos"...

Can anyone reconfirm they serve us Chaengwattana Falang as well, I'm from Germany btw...

Thank you in advance...

http://bangkok.immig...ng.imperial.jpg

for more information, call 1111

Source: Immigration Bureau 2013-12-01

I called this suggested number on the link, and they told me that the new location only serves only 3 nationalities Myanmar, Khmer and Laos"...

Can anyone reconfirm they serve us Chaengwattana Falang as well, I'm from Germany btw...

Thank you in advance...

Check this thread. It seems to indicate that they will be helping other nationalities temporarily:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685784-bangkok-immigration-opens-temporary-office-announcement/#entry7107315

Any problems in getting to Pattaya, by road, from Suvarnabhumi International Airport?

Road Blocks, Delays, etc.,

None that I've heard of today..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Came back today to BKK from Patts. No problem but I went via bang Na to avoid any hold ups.

An off-topic post has been deleted. This thread is only for questions and information about traffic and service interruptions. Please keep political commentary restricted to the threads designated for that purpose.

Thanks.

MaxLee: I went to the Immigration Office at Lad Prao today. It opens at 10:30am daily. Get there about 10:15 and get your queue ticket. I was #16 and was done and dusted within 25mins. It was a little bit of a sh!t fight with such a massive influx of people. But I did notice a number of IO's from Chaeng Wattana had been seconded to Lad Prao with everyone in casual clothes as well.

All in all, they're doing - in my opinion - a bang up job over there given the conditions. Credit where it's due and all that.

I would expect that once the information filters out to the farang society things will flow again.

• Like 1

MaxLee: I went to the Immigration Office at Lad Prao today. It opens at 10:30am daily. Get there about 10:15 and get your queue ticket. I was #16 and was done and dusted within 25mins. It was a little bit of a sh!t fight with such a massive influx of people. But I did notice a number of IO's from Chaeng Wattana had been seconded to Lad Prao with everyone in casual clothes as well.

All in all, they're doing - in my opinion - a bang up job over there given the conditions. Credit where it's due and all that.

I would expect that once the information filters out to the farang society things will flow again.

Well thanks for the info, and actually I here now, to meet my agent for the work permit, we made an appointment at 1.00 pm, so I'm just waiting my papers for now.

Cheers fellow farang, aka, I'm actually Asian ancestries, but German in residence.

MaxLee: Good luck and hope it's not as busy as it was starting to look when I was there.

You might be asian in appearance but you're not from thailand, you're a fellow farang ;) Hahaha

Just sitting and waiting for now, until my agent processes my documents...

Anyway, like some of you suggested, move that entire complex or distribute branches everywhere around Thailand to save travel expenses.

Too stubbornly centralized that whole regular process with immigration stuff

Anyone watched the drama from the Golden Mount?

It's got a great panoramic view of a lot of the trouble area, but I'm not wanting to tempt fate if it's not safe (or even not friendly- life's too short to hang where I'm not welcome).

Edited by impulse

Crowd passed Asoke around 11:00, but there's still a significant line to get through the BTS turnstyles at 12:45. If you plan to take the BTS, probably better to enter from the side away from Asoke intersection (no guarantees, it's just that side is usually not as crowded).

I just had an event-free lunch at T21.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

What's the latest here?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bangkok is completely quiet, all services functioning normally, traffic is not bad, protests only in democracy monument area, weather is beautifully cool. Life goes on.

• Like 2

What's the latest here?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bangkok is completely quiet, all services functioning normally, traffic is not bad, protests only in democracy monument area, weather is beautifully cool. Life goes on.

Except if you're at Government House... No electricity and all...

;)