STDs in pattaya

infinity11

seems like this doesn't get the coverage it should
how scared should people be?
anything helpful interesting or insightful especially welcome

one would think it is the capitol of std's, no?

please please please people, keep it civil and OPEN (as in not closed)

thanks

Does STD stand for Serious Terminal Defects or Serious Temporary Defects? Which ever way you look at it, they're serious.

The good thing about STD's is that it is keeping a lot of Thais wearing white coats in permanent employment at the clinics.

Edited by Mighty Mouse
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter where you are, assume the worst and protect yourself accordingly.

If you go by the amount of words written about STD on this forum you would have to assume it is an epidemic.

We are talking about Sexually Transmitted Debt here, right?

• Like 2

the only thing that is a pain in the ass (or wherever ) is herpes. everything else is either airware or can be cured fast with the know meds. syph takes a little longer.

There are a few antibiotic resistant strains of gonorrhea out there so it's no longer as simple as popping a couple pills.

BS. if it dont cure up you are using the wrong meds and it is something else.

Edited by Chippen Dong

Been paring in Thailand, mostly in pattaya, but also Philippines and Cambodia, for 15 years with all three genders. I've always covered up, except for I recall maybe 3 times, and while I've had my share of the Big G, especially early in my career, and clamorous, that's been it and were easily treated with drugs. I've recently had an hospital,admit and had to undergo an HIV test and that too was negative so I'm still home free!

• Like 1

the only thing that is a pain in the ass (or wherever ) is herpes. everything else is either airware or can be cured fast with the know meds. syph takes a little longer.

Aids can be cured fast with meds? News to me.

if aids was a real hetro transmissible disease, this region would have a few countries with zero population. now work backwards from there.

some of us have been here a LONG time and we are not all choir boys, and whats even more astounding for you is that we are in fact still here. and we also know even naughtier girlies who are also all still here. hmm perhaps choir boys isnt a good example but you get the drift.

Edited by Chippen Dong
  • Like 1

Right on.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-21/an-hiv-aids-still-biggest-health-risk-in-thailand/4902058

HIV-AIDS is still the biggest health risk in Thailand says a new report exposing the devastating impact of the disease in the country.

I read about a few guys who had this resistant gonorrhea. I guess it traveled to their legs (?) and took weeks of shots to finally get it cleared up.

if aids was a real hetro transmissible disease, this region would have a few countries with zero population. now work backwards from there.

some of us have been here a LONG time and we are not all choir boys, and whats even more astounding for you is that we are in fact still here. and we also know even naughtier girlies who are also all still here. hmm perhaps choir boys isnt a good example but you get the drift.

What are you saying, that Aids is only transmitted by homosexuals? Whether or not it originated amongst the gay population is neither here nor there. Heteros get Aids, full stop. Anyway, my point was in response to Chippen Dong who said everything can be cured with medication.

Edited by giddyup

Apart from the genital herpes, there is also hepatitis B, C and so on which I would not like to get either. And liver damaged by hepatitis = very low quality of life and more diseases (even cancer) soon after. Gonorrhea is a piece of cake compared with anything else, even a flu.

Edited by falang07
  • Like 2

Apart from the genital herpes, there is also hepatitis B, C and so on which I would not like to get either. And liver damaged by hepatitis = very low quality of life and more diseases (even cancer) soon after. Gonorrhea is a piece of cake compared with anything else, even a flu.

Afflicked with Hep in 1986, spent 11 days in the BNH. Quality of life is just fine today, thank you. Not that I would recommend it to a friend.

Same with Hepatitis C,D,E F..etc.... Mai Penn Rai....w00t.gif

I have a close friend that contracted hepatitis C in Vietnam. He has suffered miserably for the last 15 years with the Disease. Now he finds out that he has a year to live with liver cancer that's connected directly to Hep C. A very sad and difficult way to go.
  • Like 1

"if aids was a real hetro transmissible disease"

If you think being heterosexual (or whatever "hetro" is supposed to mean) gives someone immunity or because someone has managed to live longer than someone else that he must be doing everything right, that does indeed confirm the view that "ignorance is bliss."

HIV in the United States

Heterosexuals and Injection Drug Users also continue to be affected by HIV.

• Heterosexuals accounted for 25% of estimated new HIV infections in 2010 and 27% of people living with HIV infection in 2009.1, 2
  • Since the epidemic began, almost 85,000 persons with an AIDS diagnosis, infected through heterosexual sex, have died, included an estimated 4,003 in 2010.1
  • New HIV infections among women are primarily attributed to heterosexual contact (84% in 2010) or injection drug use (16% in 2010). Women accounted for 20% of estimated new HIV infections in 2010 and 24% of those living with HIV infection in 2009 [1,2]. The 9,500 new infections among women in 2010 reflect a significant 21% decrease from the 12,000 new infections that occurred among this group in 2008.2
  • Injection drug users represented 8% of new HIV infections in 2010 and 16% of those living with HIV in 2009.1, 2
  • Since the epidemic began, nearly 182,000 injection drug users with an AIDS diagnosis have died, including an estimated 4,218 in 2010.3

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/basics/ataglance.html

• Like 1

There are a few antibiotic resistant strains of gonorrhea out there so it's no longer as simple as popping a couple pills.

BS. if it dont cure up you are using the wrong meds and it is something else.

Im with Can man on this one. The resistant strains are out there and its no more a walk in the park cure.

Yeah i hear whats being said about covering up buts whats the use of banging if u cant get a good blast off at the end, i'm at an age now where it really does' nt matter thumbsup.gif

To you perhaps, but nice attitude you have towards the girls and everyone else. Unfortunately I am quite sure your type is quite common sad.png

I must admit I find the OP's question a little naive - if it was a genuine question? As others have said the risk is always there - whether P4P or the "girl next door".

For a warts (sic) and all commentary I would suggest checking out some of the self professed pattaya mongering forums.

Don't worry just wash it in carbollic soap before you go to bed and every thing will be ok.

Your high tech solution reminded me of some of the old military campaigns:

a025564-565x733.jpg

a025392-549x800.jpg

reminds me of the old joke:

A priest goes into the military hospital during the first world war and speaks to the patients, he sits down next to the first man and asks whats the problem. The man says sorry father, I have VD and the priest says, my goodness, whats the cure for that and the man says scrubbing my penis with a wire brush every day, The priest blesses him and moves on to the next man, Whats your problem my son he asks, piles says the man, I have hemorrhoids. My goodness what the cure for that, my bum is scrubbed with a wire brush everyday he says and the priest blesses him and moves on. The priest goes to the next patient, and whats you problem son, I have a gum infection he says, and whats the treatment for that the priest asks, scrub my teeth and gums with a wire brush every day the soldier replies. Is there anything I can do for you my son asks the priest, yes says the man, get them to do my mouth with the wire brush before those first two guys...............