Suthep rejects House dissolution

webfact

This guy is such a plank. :-)

My thoughts exactly..

He knows that an election will bring back the current government - but then it's what the people of Thailand want. Sooner or later they will have to accept that democracy means that who wins an election is the chosen person to lead, regardless of whether they agree or not.

All of those who scream vote buying.. don't be so naive to think that it's just one party doing it.. we got the same amount from all candidates last time blink.png

totster smile.png

The article by Chris Baker and Acharn Pasuk in the BP yesterday demolished the argument vote buying influences electoral results once and for all.From now on those who invoke vote buying as an argument against democracy in Thailand need to show evidence and demonstrate their case.Otherwise there is no need to bother with them.

How about some logic then..

If vote buying does not work why is it done

Remember Mr T his remarks those who did not vote for me won't be helped (threat to the South)

If stuff like this does not work... then why it is done.. I am sure they much rather keep they money themselves.

Read the article which answers your point.Sorry I can't link to it under forum rules but it can easily be found online.

• Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember Mr T his remarks those who did not vote for me won't be helped (threat to the South)

If stuff like this does not work... then why it is done.. I am sure they much rather keep they money themselves.

Read the article which answers your point.Sorry I can't link to it under forum rules but it can easily be found online.

I read it before... just don't agree with it as if it really would not work it would not occur... Is there any logic in giving money if it does not work anyway ?

Doesn't he realize that his party lost the last election, will lose this one, the next one, so on and so on?

Just being rhetorical. Of course, I am sure he will have plenty of answers for a rhetorical question.

I am sure he isn't against crooks running the government, as long as they are his crooks.giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Muammar Gaddafi, Secretary General of the General People's Congress.

Kim Jong-un, Secretary General of the People's Workers Party of Korea.

Suthep, Secretary General of the People’s Committee for Democratic Reform.

Obviously Suthep is the odd one out! his party has the word democratic in it.

And we saw what the Libyans did to Maummar when they caught him!

Everywhere in the world people fight for one person one vote..................except Thailand..................

I'm not pro-anyone, but all these variable and unaccountable accusations like vote buying and 'paid to post' seems a bit paranoid to me.

If election don't work because corruption is rife from top to bottom, why would a peoples council be any different???

• Like 2

Doesn't he realize that his party lost the last election, will lose this one, the next one, so on and so on?

Just being rhetorical. Of course, I am sure he will have plenty of answers for a rhetorical question.

I am sure he isn't against crooks running the government, as long as they are his crooks.giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Even if Lee Kuan Yew runs against Thaksin, Mr. Lee would loose.

Because Thaksin bought vote wholesales.

It makes you feel sad for Thailand's future and the division it has caused. I feel that democracy rules and I am no fan of Mr T but what happens now

more elections same same. He (Thaksin ) needs to go away and enjoy his wealth and wealthy friends and try let Thailand sort out this mess.

Everywhere in the world people fight for one person one vote..................except Thailand..................

I'm not pro-anyone, but all these variable and unaccountable accusations like vote buying and 'paid to post' seems a bit paranoid to me.

If election don't work because corruption is rife from top to bottom, why would a peoples council be any different???

It wouldn't be different, except for one aspect, it enables the other side to enrich themselves, and this time without a democratic mandate.

• Like 1

Muammar Gaddafi, Secretary General of the General People's Congress.

Kim Jong-un, Secretary General of the People's Workers Party of Korea.

Suthep, Secretary General of the People’s Committee for Democratic Reform.

So what are you trying to say here exactly? Last time I looked, Suthep wasn't running a country - as much as his heart desires it to be so...

Even if you used a more apt comparison in Nattawut, being the Secretary General of the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship, you still don't have an equal comparison. Similar but not equal...

The other 2 have been running their countries under less than conventional ways for a number of years...

coffee1.gif

Put all the BS, lies, propaganda, corruption etc. etc. aside the bottom line to this struggle has always been the rich elite partnered with the military against the poor undeclassed or working class who have the majority. it just baffles me how many farangs that post here want the poor to stay poor, remain uneducated and not have the same opportunities to improve the quality of life!

This gun Sutheps speech he says the rice scheme is vote buying because it gave the poor farmers double the price for the rice, he also said the minimum wage increase was vote buying as well, goes to show what this is really all about. The rich elite and the military don't want to see any of these peoples lives improve as they have labeled these policies as vote buying.

The rice scheme is so corrupt because only the well off profit. Poor farmers with just a few rai keep their rice for consumption, only those with more than 10 rai will sell any rice, and obviously the more rai you have, the more money you will make in this scheme.

I agree the minimum wage rise was a good and indeed essential thing.

Do you know who proposed the most far reaching reforms of education in Thailand? Apisit about 15 years ago. Thaksin has never done anything to improve education, just constantly changed ministers.

• Like 2

I sense that most posters, with one or two notable exceptions, are newcomers hence they probably don't full understand or appreciate the history of how election votes have been bought in the past and how political favors have been repaid by offering money making positions in government. For what it's worth and this may seem very undemocratic (but it's not really) I'm with Suthep 100%.

• Like 1

you wish , more brains than thai visa posters who no nothing of the country.Yingluck wants an election supervised by her corrupt cronies so she can continue with her siblings deeds .Go to **** yingluck
You should take some pills dude. I not see you doing much more for the country than other posters here. Every post i read from you smell hate speech... please go out for some fitness jave a shower enjoy a beer and leave your com for a while if you can t read people who don t agree with you
  • Like 1

My thoughts exactly..

He knows that an election will bring back the current government - but then it's what the people of Thailand want. Sooner or later they will have to accept that democracy means that who wins an election is the chosen person to lead, regardless of whether they agree or not.

All of those who scream vote buying.. don't be so naive to think that it's just one party doing it.. we got the same amount from all candidates last time Posted Image

totster Posted Image

The article by Chris Baker and Acharn Pasuk in the BP yesterday demolished the argument vote buying influences electoral results once and for all.From now on those who invoke vote buying as an argument against democracy in Thailand need to show evidence and demonstrate their case.Otherwise there is no need to bother with them.

if you give money you have a chance of being voted for. If you give nothing they will totally dismiss you and you don't have a chance.

I sense that most posters, with one or two notable exceptions, are newcomers hence they probably don't full understand or appreciate the history of how election votes have been bought in the past and how political favors have been repaid by offering money making positions in government. For what it's worth and this may seem very undemocratic (but it's not really) I'm with Suthep 100%.

Before Thaksin and TRT, the pratice you speak off was happening as well, some argue it was worse than after 2001. Suthep himself could tell you exactly how it worked back then, as he was one of the players. Suthep screaming end to curruption and power to the people is absolutely not what he means.

Before Thaksin and TRT, the pratice you speak off was happening as well, some argue it was worse than after 2001. Suthep himself could tell you exactly how it worked back then, as he was one of the players. Suthep screaming end to curruption and power to the people is absolutely not what he means.

Asian politics has involved liberal amounts of tea money, what we have currently is trades in tea plantations, Suthep remains my vote and he gets an extra star for having big balls.

• Like 1

Asian politics has involved liberal amounts of tea money, what we have currently is trades in tea plantations, Suthep remains my vote and he gets an extra star for having big balls.

He doesn't want to run for elections, so he having your vote is pretty meaningless. Maybe you get to vote for his friends, providing they don't boycot the upcomming elections...

He doesn't want to run for elections, so he having your vote is pretty meaningless. Maybe you get to vote for his friends, providing they don't boycot the upcomming elections...

Exactly my point, the man is more interested in the principle than the job or the cash at the end.

It makes you feel sad for Thailand's future and the division it has caused. I feel that democracy rules and I am no fan of Mr T but what happens now

more elections same same. He (Thaksin ) needs to go away and enjoy his wealth and wealthy friends and try let Thailand sort out this mess.

I would be in 100% agreement with you, but get rid of the dinosaurs on both sides, not just one side.

It wont happen though, it is all set up for the Democrats to somehow get back into power and Suthep to carry on in politics,despite this being his 'final' act.

I knew it. He is not for democracy. He is for him self and no one else. The stupid people that are following do not relize it yet and when they do it will be too late.

Who is in the world for democracy? Do you think the USA has democracy? Grow up.

To understand what is going on in Thailand one has to take into account how much money Yingluck's government lost/wasted just to stay popular in rural Thailand. It's beyond ridiculous and in any normal society heads should roll for such gross mismanagement of public funds for their own purposes.

By their own admission they lost 4.4 billion USD between fall 2011 and September 2012. Furthermore, there are allegedly around 200 billion baht unaccounted for. That's mere 6.5 billion USD. An absolute idiot could run Thailand the way Shinawatra is doing and still be popular. Do you understand that her government lost around 10 billion USD? Just to stay popular in rural Thailand. Get it?

New election without vote buying, dead people voting, multiple voting, physical intimidation of political opponents and their families, children included... etc...etc...Do you think Thaksin's party would agree to it? Wishful thinking.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly..

All of those who scream vote buying.. don't be so naive to think that it's just one party doing it.. we got the same amount from all candidates last time blink.png

totster smile.png

Exactly! People who talk about vote buying really dont get it.

It's actually the only time when I can see the people getting one over on the politicians...... :-)

They accept little brown envelopes from ALL the parties (yes - ALL of them!) and then they can still decide who to vote for in a secret ballot.

Sounds like the people in Isaan are not that stupid at all :-)

Fianlly some people that actually agree to what I have been saying since the beginning. Right on GUYS.

I knew it. He is not for democracy. He is for him self and no one else. The stupid people that are following do not relize it yet and when they do it will be too late.

Who is in the world for democracy? Do you think the USA has democracy? Grow up.

To understand what is going on in Thailand one has to take into account how much money Yingluck's government lost/wasted just to stay popular in rural Thailand. It's beyond ridiculous and in any normal society heads should roll for such gross mismanagement of public funds for their own purposes.

By their own admission they lost 4.4 billion USD between fall 2011 and September 2012. Furthermore, there are allegedly around 200 billion baht unaccounted for. That's mere 6.5 billion USD. An absolute idiot could run Thailand the way Shinawatra is doing and still be popular. Do you understand that her government lost around 10 billion USD? Just to stay popular in rural Thailand. Get it?

New election without vote buying, dead people voting, multiple voting, physical intimidation of political opponents and their families, children included... etc...etc...Do you think Thaksin's party would agree to it? Wishful thinking.

Well we probably wont find out, considering the opposition dont even want elections!