Jarupong confident Pheu Thai will win next general election

webfact

Violate the constitution? We couldn't have that xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.zYprVTCWT1.web alt=biggrin.png pagespeed_url_hash=14303579 width=20 height=20>

PT certainly haven't violated the constitution, but Suthep has and is in fact calling for its overthrow. Makes you wonder what that referendum was worth really... (of course I never thought that referendum was worth much in the first place, given the conditions under which it took place, but others here and elsewhere have said otherwise).

PT certainly haven't violated the constitution???????

That's another TV member on my ignore list.

I can't stand out and out liars!

So you only listen to those who agree with your views? Of course you do that's why you support Suthep and his yellow/black thugs.

Noone likes me, I don't care :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Violate the constitution? We couldn't have that biggrin.png

PT certainly haven't violated the constitution, but Suthep has and is in fact calling for its overthrow. Makes you wonder what that referendum was worth really... (of course I never thought that referendum was worth much in the first place, given the conditions under which it took place, but others here and elsewhere have said otherwise).

Which part of the constitution has Suthep violated? ALl he's been doing is protesting. He hasn't actually done anything.

The warrants out for his arrest don't seem to agree you. Are you really supporting Suthep?

No, I'm not supporting Suthep. I am asking which part of the constitution he has violated.

Are his arrest warrants issued for violating the constitution or violating the ISA?

Suthep has fallen right into Shinawatra's trap again.

Lesson learned, no matter how much Anti Government Shinawatra protest, it leads to an ultimate RESET button solution, enough time to find vote buying victims and convince them with free luxury populist policies...

As long as the Thaksin clan and their populist policies for the rural voters been in power, the media stays government controlled and the up-country voters are being withheld from the truth, yes then PT will win again, and can the demonstrations begin again.

The only thing which could save this country is to root out all Thaksin elements, to disqualify all politicians over the age of 55 and start with fresh blood of electable people who have no ties to any politician in the past, no matter which party they were from.

I agree, but i would go for max age 45 in stead of 55, than we are sure about fresh blood and that includes to disqualify Abhisit, the democrat himself....

Suthep has fallen right into Shinawatra's trap again.

Lesson learned, no matter how much Anti Government Shinawatra protest, it leads to an ultimate RESET button solution, enough time to find vote buying victims and convince them with free luxury populist policies...

"vote buying victims" so you listen and believe Suthep also , show evidence before you quote, hmmm , there is no evidence, oh shit !

That's a fine attitude to have, not standing for out and out liars - especially for one whose very first post on the forum broke Rule 10 when you were unashamedly hustling for 500,000 baht for your confectionary business here.

Do you not feel just a tad bad about your comments now?

The effectiveness of any democracy is directly proportional to the number of people who participate in it. Frankly, I still don't think there will be an election on 2 February but I hope I'm wrong. For those who think that an election cannot be free and fair, then there should be a joint effort by all concerned to bring election monitors to Thailand - preferably from the EU as they are pretty skilled in such matters. With such oversight any political party should be confident that irregularities will be reported. I don't have a vested interest in who wins, I just want the system to work!

The effectiveness of any democracy is directly proportional to the number of people who participate in it. Frankly, I still don't think there will be an election on 2 February but I hope I'm wrong. For those who think that an election cannot be free and fair, then there should be a joint effort by all concerned to bring election monitors to Thailand - preferably from the EU as they are pretty skilled in such matters. With such oversight any political party should be confident that irregularities will be reported. I don't have a vested interest in who wins, I just want the system to work!

Unfortunately, Suthep has ruled out foreign observers " we don't need foreigners, I don't respect them" Maybe Mr Abhisit will take a different view
  • Like 1

I love the 'of course PTP will win the next election' posts. Seems that predicting the future is not just a Thai trait.

PTP may well buy the next election but I suspect that more people will have woken up to their lies & mismanagement. Suthep may not have won a total victory but he has put the cat among the pigeons and caused a government resignation and put the Thaksin problem to the fore.

I don't know how rejecting a CC ruling on the constitution is supposed to be constitutional but PTP may well regret that. There are some other events that could put a damper on PTP's hopes. The 312 who voted for the constitutional amendment are under investigation - not by the BIB or DSI who are in Thaksin's pocket.

Will YL run again? I'm sure she doesn't want to but it all depends on what DL orders. Will PTP actually become a democratic party free of a dictatorial leader? Could do but I wouldn't bet on it.

Interesting times ahead.

Yep they were sure they would win the Don Muang By-election.

And they were sure they would win the one before that, if I remember correctly one of their spokesman said they were sure they had enough votes secured to win but to many people turned up to vote........against them.

And they were sure they would win the BKK mayoral election, didn't they say they would win even if they put up a power pole as a candidate ?

The effectiveness of any democracy is directly proportional to the number of people who participate in it. Frankly, I still don't think there will be an election on 2 February but I hope I'm wrong. For those who think that an election cannot be free and fair, then there should be a joint effort by all concerned to bring election monitors to Thailand - preferably from the EU as they are pretty skilled in such matters. With such oversight any political party should be confident that irregularities will be reported. I don't have a vested interest in who wins, I just want the system to work![/quote

Unfortunately, Suthep has ruled out foreign observers " we don't need foreigners, I don't respect them" Maybe Mr Abhisit will take a different view

If you have a source that quotes him on that recently - post it. Otherwise you are being economical with the truth.

I agree with Pookiki that monitors would be a good idea but they are not capable of weeding out vote buying - nor is the EC. It is only whistleblowers (in the original sense) who are able to provide real evidence that can pin it down.

It's the last thing the Dems want. Very little chance of winning, as per previous elections.

They need some sort of military intervention as per 2006, Suthep is trying to provoke the "red militants" to do something stupid, hopefully they will not fall for it.

While I fully agree with you, if the 312 do get banned for 5 years, it would create a void which the Dem's could fill.

That's a fine attitude to have, not standing for out and out liars - especially for one whose very first post on the forum broke Rule 10 when you were unashamedly hustling for 500,000 baht for your confectionary business here.

Do you not feel just a tad bad about your comments now?

Oh dear, i missed that one. Was that when he was posting as 'biscuit'? Or 'Thainy Tim'? I forget the other one, it is difficult to keep up. This is his fourth incarnation on here in 10 days, is he going for some kind of record!

The effectiveness of any democracy is directly proportional to the number of people who participate in it. Frankly, I still don't think there will be an election on 2 February but I hope I'm wrong. For those who think that an election cannot be free and fair, then there should be a joint effort by all concerned to bring election monitors to Thailand - preferably from the EU as they are pretty skilled in such matters. With such oversight any political party should be confident that irregularities will be reported. I don't have a vested interest in who wins, I just want the system to work![/quote

If you have a source that quotes him on that recently - post it. Otherwise you are being economical with the truth.

I agree with Pookiki that monitors would be a good idea but they are not capable of weeding out vote buying - nor is the EC. It is only whistleblowers (in the original sense) who are able to provide real evidence that can pin it down.

AFP 23rd March 2011 ( also reported in Asian Correspondent), covered in another thread here, and a direct quote.

Wonderful to see Suthep's worshipers on TV twisting and turning in horror as they realise that YL has completely upstaged them. New elections? Oh my God, we are going to be humiliated again by those nasty peasants!

Wonderful to see PTP worshipers still believe she makes the decisions.

Crocodile tears on Television - pathetic. She didn't stamp her feet but looked close to it.

They will still rig the old masses in the N/NE who get a backhander and would be scared to do other than told. But a lot of younger people who did support them are completely pissed with them. How pissed, we shall see in Feb

Wonderful to see Suthep's worshipers on TV twisting and turning in horror as they realise that YL has completely upstaged them. New elections? Oh my God, we are going to be humiliated again by those nasty peasants!

Nasty bit of business this democracy stuff, you actually have to let the majority of the citizens impose their willsad.png It must be very frustrating for this corrupt bast@rd suthep to know that he and his revelers will once agin be dmolished by the will of the Thai electoratewai2.gif Suthep and Abhisit have already been indicted for murder, it is about time they get the trail started and clean up this mess once and for all!

Very interesting that suthep doesn't want foreign observers to ensure a free and fair elections, kind of makes you wonder in which party the real fraud lieswhistling.gif At least suthep is consistant, he had his cronies beat up any foreign jornalists that atually were reporting the truth about his uruley mob and now he is against having neutral UN election observers. Makes one wonder what type of government would exist if suthep was allowed into power, Stalinist Soviet Union comes to mindrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Nasty bit of business this democracy stuff, you actually have to let the majority of the citizens impose their willsad.png It must be very frustrating for this corrupt bast@rd suthep to know that he and his revelers will once agin be dmolished by the will of the Thai electoratewai2.gif Suthep and Abhisit have already been indicted for murder, it is about time they get the trail started and clean up this mess once and for all!

Unfortunately my friend, I rather doubt that there will be an election, for a very long time. Suthep is dead set on taking power, and I fear that he is going to do so. Once he is in the driving seat, this poor country will turn into Burma with a tourist industry. The Thai people will not have a say in things, and if there are any protests, well the snipers will be deployed on the skytrain tracks. No hesitation to kill, they have done it before. Sad isn't it.

"PT certainly haven't violated the constitution".

I see in another thread a Thaksin lover was complaining about the crap their postings cop from most on this board. One does not need to wonder why when idiotic statements like this are the base of pro Pheau Thai debates.

The effectiveness of any democracy is directly proportional to the number of people who participate in it. Frankly, I still don't think there will be an election on 2 February but I hope I'm wrong.  For those who think that an election cannot be free and fair, then there should be a joint effort by all concerned to bring election monitors to Thailand - preferably from the EU as they are pretty skilled in such matters. With such oversight any political party should be confident that irregularities will be reported. I don't have a vested interest in who wins, I just want the system to work![/quote

Very interesting that suthep doesn't want foreign observers to ensure a free and fair elections, kind of makes you wonder in which party the real fraud liesPosted Image  At least suthep is consistant, he had his cronies beat up any foreign jornalists that atually were reporting the truth about his uruley mob and now he is against having neutral UN election observers. Makes one wonder what type of government would exist if suthep was allowed into power, Stalinist Soviet Union comes to mindPosted Image

"and now he is against"

Do you even know when or what he said about foreign observers?

Sent from my phone ...

Which part of the constitution has Suthep violated? ALl he's been doing is protesting. He hasn't actually done anything.

Of course, one should be allowed to call for whatever system one likes without being subject to prosecution (even if it's fascist), the difference with Suthep is that he hasn't simply been protesting for change, he's already pretty much declared his group the de facto government, is calling for police to step down and for civil servants to obey him, not the elected government. I'm surely not the only one who thinks these actions might contravene article 68 of the Constitution: “No person shall exercise the rights and liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution“.

Furthermore most of his reform proposals are in contravention of the constitution And as he's making threats of 'further action' in order to carry this out, when do we stop classing this as simply protest rather than an attempted coup? Where are you going to draw the line Whybother? I'd be interested to hear your reasoning. After all, a 'People's Coup' is what Suthep himself is saying this is. It's not like a coup necessarily need use violent force to be classed as such.

There are more details of how Suthep's proposals violate the constitution in this joint statement written by several reknowned Thai scholars:

'The Assembly for the Defense of Democracy (AFDD) thinks that, no matter the means, the obstruction of holding elections, or the forcing a slowdown of parliamentary elections, or the creation of a “vacuum” in the political system, no matter the means, opens opportunities for political transformations that are neither constitutional nor democratic. All of the aforementioned actions are entirely devoid of the aim of the Constitution. They destroy the process of building political will through peaceful means in a democracy and they will lead the country to violent crisis.

Therefore, the Assembly for the Defense of Democracy calls on all sides to enter the electoral process. The AFDD calls on all sides to express their political will through the mechanism of elections. After the general election has been held, the AFDD calls on the elected government to proceed to reform politics, governance, and the constitutional regime to be democratic and in line with the rule of law.

With an unrelenting will towards democracy

Assembly for the Defense of Democracy (AFDD)
10 December 2013'

http://prachatai.com/english/node/3785

Edited by Emptyset

Indeed, this idea that saying something that violates the constitution in some way means that you have committed some ridiculous heinous crime is part of the problem. Then then the lese majeste nonsense starts all of those problems.

From a grown up western perspective, if I sit in the UK and say that I reckon the UK would be better off as a republic, it is a valid view and doesn't constitute some horrendous crime. Likewise, if I say Britain would be better off as a communist one party state, that is my view and it doesn't cause some sort of crime. So the system in thailand has to change to allow it for people to say things that would change the constitution without the statement becoming unconstitutional. Of course we don't have a constitution per se, and we have freedom of speech in the UK.

As though words can be unconstitutional. blink.png Telling a government to stand down, can be by definition unconstitutional? blink.png

Strewth. What a world. Words that are unconstitutional.

As I've just said in my reply to Whybother, this is all very well, and if Suthep goes back to his room and makes radical proposals from there instead of being out in the street trying to capture the apparatus of government, I don't think there'd be too much problem with that from a legal point of view.

"PT certainly haven't violated the constitution".

I see in another thread a Thaksin lover was complaining about the crap their postings cop from most on this board. One does not need to wonder why when idiotic statements like this are the base of pro Pheau Thai debates.

To you and the other person that blocked me: instead of dismissing it out of hand, why don't you produce evidence of how you think PT has violated the constitution? I was ready to believe they had when the case when to the Constitutional Court, but after reviewing the constitution and court statement, I came to a different conclusion. So on the basis of the evidence I've seen, it is my opinion they haven't violated the constitution.

But I'm willing to discuss this if someone wants to offer another opinion - preferably based on evidence backed up with reference to the constitution - instead of a priori dismissal of the argument on the basis that anyone defending PT must be a mindless 'Thaksin lover'.

As I've just said in my reply to Whybother, this is all very well, and if Suthep goes back to his room and makes radical proposals from there instead of being out in the street trying to capture the apparatus of government, I don't think there'd be too much problem with that from a legal point of view. 

If Suthep is able to go back to his room and make radical proposals without there being a problem from a legal POV (regarding the constitution), that would indicate that, as per another thread, the only thing he is guilty of is making unreasonable and impossible proposals.

Sent from my phone ...