Windows Start menu to return in Windows 8.2

george

Do you mean access the iTunes store from the Apps library? If not, what is the "App Store?" I was just now able to update six Apps by clicking the "Update All Apps" button in the Apps library.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the iTunes concept, it seems so counter to my expectations most times. I mainly have it to be able to tether my 3G connection from my iPhone to my computer via USB, and to backup my iPhone.

If you have win 8.1, have you tried loading iTunes and then trying to access App Store?

I haven't tried it as I don't do the iTunes/Apple thing.

I have 2 computers with 8.1 and I am able to access the iTunes store on both. I have not purchased anything yet it seems to work normally.

I had to revert back win 8 as iTunes would not work. There are many posts on the internet from others having the same problems - iTunes not loading, crashing or loading but not able to go to iTunes Store etc.

Apple don't have a fix etc, nor do Microsoft.

So I gave up on 8.1, and now got ClassicShell loaded so all is working fine.

Still not keen on the actual Win 8 Apps interface etc, probably better on a touch screen, but I don't think it is necessarily suitable for conventional PC usage.

Knowing that iTunes is first and foremost designed for Apple products and iOS, I'm not surprised there are some problems with Windows, in your case Win8.1 on your system. Since it works for me and at least a few others, it may be some obscure conflict with a Windows configuration setting and/or a conflict with other software installed on your system. None of that would be your fault; I consider it a shortcoming of iTunes -- not being as fine tuned for non-iOS systems as it is for iOS. Just my opinion.

An easy solution to get back the start menu and its free. Works very well.

http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

This is IOBIT who famously stole malware definition databases to make their products! Not so sure I want them anywhere near my computer any more. Stick with Classic Shell.

I was not aware of this i have use Window total care for years and have been happy with it. Just shows hey.

This is IOBIT who famously stole malware definition databases to make their products! Not so sure I want them anywhere near my computer any more. Stick with Classic Shell.

I was not aware of this i have use Window total care for years and have been happy with it. Just shows hey.

I was a Totalcare fanatic until I discovered this. CCleaner, Spyboy S&D works wonderfully to take over (and is lighter to boot).

Re Itunes have you tried running it in compatibility mode? Right click the Itunes icon and click properties. Click 'run this program in compatibility mode' and choose windows 8 from the drop down list the click OK and try to run the program. I managed to get an old version of Autocad working by doing this.

I was a Totalcare fanatic until I discovered this. CCleaner, Spyboy S&D works wonderfully to take over (and is lighter to boot).

It's all crap. The only good one of that lot is Spybot but takes ages to run.

Bleachbit

SuperAntiSpyware

MS Essentials (runs live) or Avast

Glary

Eusing Reg Clnr

Revo

Hijackthis (patially effective)

GMER

Kaspersky Rootkit

Trend Rootkit

All free

It's all crap. The only good one of that lot is Spybot but takes ages to run.

Bleachbit

SuperAntiSpyware

MS Essentials (runs live) or Avast

Glary

Eusing Reg Clnr

Revo

Hijackthis (patially effective)

GMER

Kaspersky Rootkit

Trend Rootkit

All free

SuperAntiSpyware is horrendously slow on startup. MSE is very good indeed and should suffice for 99% of user and it is very lightweight. If you want to get into the heavyweights then we need to mention http://eraser.heidi.ie/ but to mention that if you decide to use 35 gutmann you are a loony. 7 time schneider is the best, but still too much for 99% of us. Ccleaner does a very good job with a 3 pass DOD and is a lighter install.

Let's not even go to DBAN.

Computers should be as easy to use as a telephone, but thanks to the greed of MS I don't even understand what you all are talking about.

I just want to use e-mail and save/ edit my photos, all of which I can do with XP. Why do I need "apps" whatever they are. I have a life that has nothing to do with computers, but it seems that the idiots at MS just want to make it hard for me and those like me that want a tool, not a master.

Computers should be as easy to use as a telephone, but thanks to the greed of MS I don't even understand what you all are talking about.

I just want to use e-mail and save/ edit my photos, all of which I can do with XP. Why do I need "apps" whatever they are. I have a life that has nothing to do with computers, but it seems that the idiots at MS just want to make it hard for me and those like me that want a tool, not a master