Receptionist drugged and lockers broken-into at Central Pattaya Hotel

Rimmer

Odd that the perpetrator knew which 3 (out of 28) lockers to break into. Very odd, no?

And how do you know that the perpetrator did not break into 3 random lockers? Or just by looking at the photo, you deduced that he targeted 3 specific lockers?

A friend who owns a very upmarket guesthouse in Cambodia told me from experience the safest place to hide money/passports/cards is under the TV, Even they couldn't get their otherwise excellent staff to move any TV and clean under without being specifically instructed to, and what illiterate thief would think of looking there?

In a house best place is in the oven.

A friend who owns a very upmarket guesthouse in Cambodia told me from experience the safest place to hide money/passports/cards is under the TV,  Even they couldn't get their otherwise excellent staff to move any TV and clean under without being specifically instructed to, and what illiterate thief would think of looking there?

Well, now the cat's out of the bag, ain't it? Gotta come up with a new place.

That is a new twist on an old occurrence.

Great, a staff member who turns up for work after a drinking spree!

I personally turn around when I see rows of school lockers behind reception for my valuables.

I know a safe in the room isn't 100%, but recently I checked in to find the previous guest had left one locked.

Getting it opened involved a maintenance man, a laptop and the manager who made the maintenance guy move away as he obviously entered some password.

If not for the girls no one would go to pattaya anymore

I guess i have lived near the beach all my life so i am happy up country Issan

safer up country anyway all the baddies go to the tourist area anyway 55555 suffer

Edited by redutedog1
  • Like 1

Stay in a dump, get dumped on !

If folks were really concerned about their valubables and can afford valuables then stay in a Hotel that has Safes inside the room NOT wooden reception boxes. Som nam na

Odd that the perpetrator knew which 3 (out of 28) lockers to break into. Very odd, no?

And how do you know that the perpetrator did not break into 3 random lockers? Or just by looking at the photo, you deduced that he targeted 3 specific lockers?

You havin' a bad hair day coffee1.gif

Stay in a dump, get dumped on !

If folks were really concerned about their valubables and can afford valuables then stay in a Hotel that has Safes inside the room NOT wooden reception boxes. Som nam na

Pathetic reply

"Pathetic"?

Anyway, I'd generally avoid such a place as well if I had anything much beyond a passport and maybe a card or two to protect... In this case, I can't get beyond the strong suspicion that either the thief knew what he'd find in those 3 boxes, or it was all just some kind of show.

Who said that he was drugged??????Who said that the Turk was the robber?????????????<deleted> a drunk Receptionist???????????? does 2 + 2 make 5 ????

[[[[[[[[[[[[ Me Don't Think so]]]]]]]]]]]] Bad Fishy smell !!!!!!!!

We're clearly dealing with the very finest of investigative minds here.

If not for the girls no one would go to pattaya anymore

I guess i have lived near the beach all my life so i am happy up country Issan

safer up country anyway all the baddies go to the tourist area anyway 55555 suffer

I am afraid that I have to inform you that Pattaya is pretty packed at the moment and the tourists don't appear to be looking for girls.

Russian couples, Chinese groups and all the thieves Issarn can supply! :D

Never leave anything in a hotel room safe or a deposit box behind the receptionist's desk in this country ever.

That is never.

Best, don't bring it with you.

Second, change or withdraw cash every 2 or 3 days, just what you need. Keep it with you or hide it in the room, not in the room safe.

Gold? Why are you bringing it to a hotel.

Expensive camera? Insure it. Keep it in sight if you can. Take note of identifying numbers.

But whatever you do, don't use the room safe or receptionist's deposit box.

Agreed. There are many place to keep valuables safer than 'secure' hotel lockers.

A few year's ago, I was up in Chiang Rai. I had fallen for a singer and went there during the king's birthday so I could get to know her. While out drinking, I realized I had been drugged by the Thai's I had met that night and gone out drinking with.

I woke up the next morning to realize that my cheap hotel room had been rummaged through by thieves. In a brief moment of panic I realized that the small backpack with a wallet containing 12,000 baht was missing. Then as the haze from the drug induced sleep lifted I remembered the previous nights events.

After the fuzzy memories of the night finally came back. I remembered that I was so drunk that I had left my bag somewhere very stupid. I had forgotten to take it out of the basket on the front of my Honda dream. I ran downstairs and happily discovered that the bag and the money it contained were still safe and untouched in the front basket. Any fool could have swiped it. But thankfully the thieves were to stupid to realize how stupid wasted I was and never thought to look someplace anyone could have snagged it. Lesson learned and I blessed my dumb luck at how my stupid outwitted their stupid!!

Edited by bitterbatter

A friend who owns a very upmarket guesthouse in Cambodia told me from experience the safest place to hide money/passports/cards is under the TV, Even they couldn't get their otherwise excellent staff to move any TV and clean under without being specifically instructed to, and what illiterate thief would think of looking there?

In a house best place is in the oven.

Hid my wallet from TV repairers last week and then forgot where it was the next day ! Eventually found it in the micro wave.................for goodness sake, where else would one hide a wallett .