thaiblether

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Thaiblether,

I am ashamed to call myself a foreigner when I read the nonsense and abuse on this website. Please do not think that all foreigners are like this. It is a good website but I wish the Moderator would do something about the guys who have no manners.

I personally love Thailand and the Thai people. I have found them to be selfless and very kind. In my country, no-one would have helped me like the people in Thailand. Only yesterday I lost my way in the side streets and asked 2 young Thais the way – they were so accommodating and gave me a lift on their motorbike to my destination.

I have never known such selflessness anywhere and I am really tired of reading negative comments and abuse from grumpy old men who don’t want to realise how lucky they are. I can only suppose that they treat Thais like second-rate citizens and, therefore, are not treated as I am.

I see in the news that most of the troubles are in the south of Thailand but what do you expect when most of these foreigners only visit or stay for sex and drugs. Perhaps some are moving to Chiang Mai also because the people on this website are becoming intolerable and rude!

I wish these moaning ninnies who have no good manners would go back to their country because they spoil it for us all.

One way you can help these abusive foreigners is to open up classes to teach them good manners or perhaps, better still, to have them deported.

I am ashamed to call myself a foreigner when I read the nonsense and abuse on this website. Please do not think that all foreigners are like this.

Correct, we dont all weigh in at a healthy 400 lbs.

Edited by rgs2001uk

Dear Thaiblether,

I am ashamed to call myself a foreigner when I read the nonsense and abuse on this website. Please do not think that all foreigners are like this. It is a good website but I wish the Moderator would do something about the guys who have no manners.

I personally love Thailand and the Thai people. I have found them to be selfless and very kind. In my country, no-one would have helped me like the people in Thailand. Only yesterday I lost my way in the side streets and asked 2 young Thais the way – they were so accommodating and gave me a lift on their motorbike to my destination.

I have never known such selflessness anywhere and I am really tired of reading negative comments and abuse from grumpy old men who don’t want to realise how lucky they are. I can only suppose that they treat Thais like second-rate citizens and, therefore, are not treated as I am.

I see in the news that most of the troubles are in the south of Thailand but what do you expect when most of these foreigners only visit or stay for sex and drugs. Perhaps some are moving to Chiang Mai also because the people on this website are becoming intolerable and rude!

I wish these moaning ninnies who have no good manners would go back to their country because they spoil it for us all.

One way you can help these abusive foreigners is to open up classes to teach them good manners or perhaps, better still, to have them deported.

I am ashamed to call myself a foreigner when I read the nonsense and abuse on this website. Please do not think that all foreigners are like this.

I suppose we all need to make the most of our limited assets. I suppose I should make more of not having a lisp

A Thai lady...great..if I am wrong are you the first to join ThaiVisa? Welcome..

Yes you will get a host of opinions, let me begin on first question... something interesting with Thai humor I will not understand... much to my discover while married to a Thai Lady and a book shelve of comic books.

Thai characters acting out daily events...I could see no humor in the book. Can you explain to me Thai humor...I see on TV...a comment made by two or three comedians and then a whistle blow as to say this is ...or was the Q to laugh.

Explain to me why the soap opera's have the huge mansions in which "deception, greed, hate and crime" are only seem to be the Rich peoples daily lives. Can not the TV producers produce a Issan family's life and struggle to survive?

Explain to me why the car and truck advertisements show cars driven in different counties and not Thailand?

Recent events of Thai women saying she is a Buddhist...what happens with them when they fail in the following...example make Buddha like a dog....kicking or even killing a dog...what happens then, can you explain her rations?

I am curious like you on what is inside the mind of a Thai..what are your values...are children treated equal male verse female...why do 27yr old graduating University girls must "have a Teddy Bear" on graduation.

I suppose you can not answer all my questions but give a reply if you can...yes you can talk Tinglish... I can make out what your saying and also some of the readers might like to know the answers to some of these questions...if not no problem it will still remain a mystery..this land of smiles...Ron

So many questions, so little time before hitting the bars....here's a quickie....

It's been a full 3 weeks since I first came to Thailand. Why haven't I gotten my free complimentary girlfriend yet?

Hmmmmmmm, Quasimodo comes to mind. laugh.png

Be careful, you might get a pearl necklace there.

A Thai lady...great..if I am wrong are you the first to join ThaiVisa? Welcome..

Yes you will get a host of opinions, let me begin on first question... something interesting with Thai humor I will not understand... much to my discover while married to a Thai Lady and a book shelve of comic books.

Thai characters acting out daily events...I could see no humor in the book. Can you explain to me Thai humor...I see on TV...a comment made by two or three comedians and then a whistle blow as to say this is ...or was the Q to laugh.

Explain to me why the soap opera's have the huge mansions in which "deception, greed, hate and crime" are only seem to be the Rich peoples daily lives. Can not the TV producers produce a Issan family's life and struggle to survive?

Explain to me why the car and truck advertisements show cars driven in different counties and not Thailand?

Recent events of Thai women saying she is a Buddhist...what happens with them when they fail in the following...example make Buddha like a dog....kicking or even killing a dog...what happens then, can you explain her rations?

I am curious like you on what is inside the mind of a Thai..what are your values...are children treated equal male verse female...why do 27yr old graduating University girls must "have a Teddy Bear" on graduation.

I suppose you can not answer all my questions but give a reply if you can...yes you can talk Tinglish... I can make out what your saying and also some of the readers might like to know the answers to some of these questions...if not no problem it will still remain a mystery..this land of smiles...Ron

How could you forget miss farmgirl?

I love these internet anthropologists and how they can divine such sweeping generalisations from an anonymous forum yet condemn others for making similar criticisms of Thailand.

Their outrage and disgust is supreme. A psychologist (even a barstool, internet psychologist) would have a field day with their holinesses............especially the utter imbecile blaming the troubles in the south on Thai Visa members...I'd love to see how his mind works....

"I see in the news that most of the troubles are in the south of Thailand but what do you expect when most of these foreigners only visit or stay for sex and drugs. Perhaps some are moving to Chiang Mai also because the people on this website are becoming intolerable and rude!"

I missed the last bit as I was too busy laughing at the first bit!w00t.gif

It's true,all of the problems in Songkhla,Pattani and Hat Yai can be traced right back to some Farangs in wife-beaters and flip-flops having one too many Chang Classics in a girlie bar on Sukhumvit Soi 4!

I believe the same people are 100% responsible for Abu Sayyaf in The Philippines and Al-Quaeda also,let's throw in the Iraqi and Afghanistan War while we're at it!sad.png

Edited by Hardened Spanker

Dear Thaiblether,

I suppose we all need to make the most of our limited assets. I suppose I should make more of not having a lisp

I suppose I should make more of not having a lisp

Would that be lisp or lispth.

Is he German per chance, also know by the sobriquet, Herr Lip.

Assuming off course he actually has some hair and and aint a slap head.

Today I read a Thai language web page, maybe interesting for you. If you cannot translate I can help. It is called 9 Things That Foreigners Do Not Understand In Thailand.

http://blog.eduzones.com/moobo/79316

Do you drive a Mercedes by any chance? rolleyes.gif

Have you ever been to America?

Or, have ever been to any country outside Thailand?

Dear Thaiblether,

I personally love Thailand and the Thai people. I have found them to be selfless and very kind. In my country, no-one would have helped me like the people in Thailand. Only yesterday I lost my way in the side streets and asked 2 young Thais the way they were so accommodating and gave me a lift on their motorbike to my destination.

I have never known such selflessness anywhere and I am really tired of reading negative comments and abuse from grumpy old men who dont want to realise how lucky they are. I can only suppose that they treat Thais like second-rate citizens and, therefore, are not treated as I am.

There are different kinds of people around. Do not expect all of them to be nice. Thai people are friendly and helpful especially Farang can live here on their pension comfortably. Most of Farang are nice but I don't really understand that why the ones who are not happy to live here don't leave and go back to their country? Nowhere is perfect!

Dear Thai lady.. If you don't understand the posts here don't worry.. I am a farang and I don't understand them either.. someone said earlier that it is not a good idea to use Thai Visa to understand farang.. I agree.. I would suggest finding farang people you can talk to rather than internet chat rooms.. good luck :)

• Like 2

Dear Thai lady.. If you don't understand the posts here don't worry.. I am a farang and I don't understand them either.. someone said earlier that it is not a good idea to use Thai Visa to understand farang.. I agree.. I would suggest finding farang people you can talk to rather than internet chat rooms.. good luck smile.png

She is lucky, she has me..........thumbsup.gif

But remember she is employed to source information from both sides, Thai and Farang. smile.png

She has learned something here alright. bah.gif

thank you for everyone to say hello to me If you don't believe me I am Thai send me message in Thai I will talk to you

That will only prove you can write/speak Thai. You could be a 6'5" Scotsman - some of them can speak Thai.

Why not post your photo?

There are even some Scotsman who aren't 6'5" that can speak Thai.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dear Thai lady.. If you don't understand the posts here don't worry.. I am a farang and I don't understand them either.. someone said earlier that it is not a good idea to use Thai Visa to understand farang.. I agree.. I would suggest finding farang people you can talk to rather than internet chat rooms.. good luck :)

Are you suggesting this to me? If yes, can you introduce one? he...he...

Dear Thai lady.. If you don't understand the posts here don't worry.. I am a farang and I don't understand them either.. someone said earlier that it is not a good idea to use Thai Visa to understand farang.. I agree.. I would suggest finding farang people you can talk to rather than internet chat rooms.. good luck smile.png

But remember she is employed to source information from both sides, Thai and Farang. smile.png

If I read the thread correctly, you helped her set up the account. Any particular reason why you chose such a loaded board name for her? Hardly seems fair to her as it hardly sets her on a clean sheet.

Why the need to emphasize that she is a PA to the person whose name she adapted her board name from? Again, hardly seems fair to her.

lastly, despite "her" avowed intention to "help" how come she has not tried to answer even one of the real questions that have been thrown her way? All we get is "pm me in Thai, I will reply in Thai"

All seems a bit contrived to be honest.

• Like 2

If I read the thread correctly, you helped her set up the account. Any particular reason why you chose such a loaded board name for her? Hardly seems fair to her as it hardly sets her on a clean sheet.

Why the need to emphasize that she is a PA to the person whose name she adapted her board name from? Again, hardly seems fair to her.

lastly, despite "her" avowed intention to "help" how come she has not tried to answer even one of the real questions that have been thrown her way? All we get is "pm me in Thai, I will reply in Thai"

Maybe she is banned already?

• Like 1

Dear PA,

It's clear from the replies I have read that you aren't going to learn anything about Farangs here. Send me your email address to *** and I will give you good quality information about Farangs from Australia, Western Europe, USA and England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Not all farangs are the same

Chris

Edited by cdnvic
removed email address

Thats the beauty of TV.

Like a hand reaching up from beyond the grave TB is having the last laugh (well done Big Yin).

This must be up there for post of the year, surpassing JT taking a beating on the baht bus.

(David48, are you getting this?)

How many pages how many replies?

Briliiant stuff.

• Like 2

Put up a photo to prove you are not The Blether

You can take my word on the fact she is who she says she is and who she is employed by. smile.png

All the SAS members here have never been asked to prove it have they, all the guys with Chinese, with a ''dash'' of Thai, wife have never been asked to prove it have they.............whistling.gif ............laugh.png

SAS are overgrown Boy Scouts anyway. Afraid to say it as a Brit but give me the various US special forces anyday.

I did make a polite and sensible reply to the OP.

Since becoming a member myself, I've certainly learnt a lot about foreigners that I didn't know before. The fact is, many TV 'posts' are from long-term 'settlers' to Thailand, many of whom are here for any number of reasons but, more often than not, to facilitate a feckless, indolent lifestyle supplemented with large doses of alcohol and sex of no particular quality !

It's a contentious statement and perhaps generalisation but made in the knowledge of my last 18 months of posting to Thai Visa Forums.

"more often than not, to facilitate a feckless, indolent lifestyle supplemented with large doses of alcohol and sex of no particular quality !"

Jeeves, please pass my glasses ... I'm feeling a touch myopic at the moment ... facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4031585225 width=24 height=18>

... I'm showing restraint ... truly!

The silent types often say the most.

OK, she is the personal assistant in Thailand to a previous member's here Thai operations. Her joining was an idea for her to see or look at how farangs talk, speak to one another and also PERHAPS give some info to help others. Plain and simple. She is out of the country at the mo but will l hope post again, but, to be honest the crap that has been dealt out here l have my doubts. We will see. I will see her next week and talk stuff.

• Like 1