Best English online banking Bank?

Bangkok Bank is very clear with online information but the Bualuang Banking is a bit lumpy.

I personally prefer Kasikorn - user friendly and I like OTP (One Time Password) sms system.

Linking it to transferring funds from the UK then Bangkok Bank has the edge with it's options to transfer Sterling into BKB London for next day crediting.

• Like 1

I have Bangkok Bank and SCB, both are fine.

A lot might come down to exactly what you mean by "on-line" banking as there are some unique features and functions which might weight a decision?

For example, K-Cyber is pretty slick - it has some unique capabilities - so I wish I had a Kasikorn Bank account sometimes.

We use K-Bank, SCB, BB. and TMB online banking and find each satisfactory from an english language standpoint. TMB seems to offer the best services for our needs, but your needs may be different. BB is good if you are USA citizen, as they have on-line transfer capability from US banks.

I have only ever used Bangkok Bank.

Have always found their online service excellent with transactions executed instantly any time of any day. Larger transfers within Thailand tend to free of charge but it's very minimal in any case. Everything easy to use in English and good phone back-up if you have any problem.

Unlike the UK where you can only get anything done during bank opening hours.

Despite that, transfers from Barclays Jersey always arrive same day but I think they are a correspondent with Bangkok Bank.

Back to your original question, have only ever used Barclays Jersey online but forget Barclays mainland UK as they don't do international.

I understand from the forum that Halifax could be a good (and cheaper) option.

Forgot to add that I transfer direct from Jersey to Bangkok and not via Bangkok Bank London.

Always mae your transfer in £, $ or whatever as you will get a better exchange rate here in Thailand.

Edited by Bpuumike

SCB works good for me. Their English version website is as good as anything I experienced in the US. Good for transferring money. paying bills etc

I use SCB and have for the last 20 years and never said anything bad but now they have fallen on there sword. It's been over 2 weeks weeks and not able to use Google chrome to do transactions on SCBeasy as it will not process. Have to go to Internet explorer and it works fine. I reported this and they said we will fix but use IE for now anyway 2 weeks later still same. Also try calling there hot line 0277777777 then press 9 for english it will not transfer stays in Thai reported but no result. Only small problem's but expect better from one of the biggest banks in Thai.

SCB works good for me. Their English version website is as good as anything I experienced in the US. Good for transferring money. paying bills etc

I use SCB and have for the last 20 years and never said anything bad but now they have fallen on there sword. It's been over 2 weeks weeks and not able to use Google chrome to do transactions on SCBeasy as it will not process. Have to go to Internet explorer and it works fine. I reported this and they said we will fix but use IE for now anyway 2 weeks later still same. Also try calling there hot line 0277777777 then press 9 for english it will not transfer stays in Thai reported but no result. Only small problem's but expect better from one of the biggest banks in Thai.

I wouldn't necessarily be blaming SCB for this. I have found Google Chrome recently unreliable on HSBC.

I wouldn't necessarily be blaming SCB for this. I have found Google Chrome recently unreliable on HSBC.

I do blame SCB as they now the problem and a IT person could fix the problem. That's why they said to use IE. As for the telephone not working correctly are we going to blame the cleaner.

I do blame SCB as they now the problem and a IT person could fix the problem. That's why they said to use IE. As for the telephone not working correctly are we going to blame the cleaner.

It can take time to update a site due to browser changes. I had problems when I initially used IE10 with SCB - basically it did not work. Now it does.

UK TD Direct share dealing site still comes up with a warning when I log in with IE10 suggesting there may be functionality issues - considering IE11 has been out for a while you could say that does not engender much confidence but I choose to carry on.

At least you can still access with another browser - not like a recent British bank's problems.......

Bangkok Bank is very clear with online information but the Bualuang Banking is a bit lumpy.

I personally prefer Kasikorn - user friendly and I like OTP (One Time Password) sms system.

Linking it to transferring funds from the UK then Bangkok Bank has the edge with it's options to transfer Sterling into BKB London for next day crediting.

Kasikorn bank also has the transfer in there account the next day.. I transfer from England every month and its in my account here the next day..