Good tv series

beechbum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished Queen of the South Season 2, there's something about Veronica Falcon- she's not the most beautiful of women but you just know she''d half kill you if you rooted her. Same bunny boiler look that Kim's sister has.

Chain of Command is a good NG series about the US military in Iraq and elsewhere. gets a bit too hoo-rah at times and syrupy at others as its designed for US audiences but an interesting view. 

Just pulled down S5 of Ray Donovan- I've never really liked it but it draws me back for some reason. WIll probably catch up on Aussie Rake before that though as I'm a couple of seasons behind. I had missed S2 of Dedicated Survivor tso that may be in the queue as well

New seriess of Westworld and Elementary due out soon.

• Like 1

The Looming Tower looks good. First 3 episodes out. 

"Tracing the rising threat of Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, it takes a controversial look at how the rivalry between the CIA and FBI inadvertently might have set the stage for the tragedy of 9/11 and the war in Iraq."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6474236/

I watched The Windsors this week, a spoof soap based on the British Royal Family, on Netflix. Quite amusing if you like that sort of thing.

If anything similar were made in Thailand the whole cast, crew and probably audience would be in jail!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, madmitch said:

I watched The Windsors this week, a spoof soap based on the British Royal Family, on Netflix. Quite amusing if you like that sort of thing. Anyone who knows the Royle family may like this. 

If anything similar were made in Thailand the whole cast, crew and probably audience would be in jail!

Rumour has it 'one was amused' when Spitting Image was on.

I do like the look of Katherine Drysdale as Megan- she's got a lovely rack.

edit went a bit wrong but you'll work it out!

Edited by Psimbo
  • Haha 1

After watching E 4 of Looming Tower, to me, it seems to becoming more soap opera than anything else.

It's concentrating way too much on the leading US characters extra-marital affairs, financial problems, fashion and religions. Even the despicable CIA guy had a tender hand holding moment with his besotted staffer.

I struggled to get through this episode, It seems to have lost it's way at the moment.

Perhaps it will pick up momentum as events get closer to the title occurrences.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 2:30 PM, avvocato said:

Another recent time travel adventure is Timeless on NBC.

Cancelled last year but now back on the air.  Timeless NBC

Edited by avvocato
  • Like 2

Seems a bit slow this season, to me.
I’m enjoying The Looming Tower more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WALKING DEAD SPOILER!!!

Agreed. Not as slow as The Walking Dead though. Jeez, talk about padding!! The long goodbye to Rick's son (who seems to have become the evangelical light that Rick and Michone are now following) was the worst ever IMO. The constant to and fro between which group has the upper hand is also getting really tiresome (how not to organise a revolution!!), alongside Rick's never ending gazing into the distance. Only bonus is at least the trash people, who seem to have spent all their time researching stupid haircuts), have finally been zapped. Oh, and Rosita is still alive.

Sent using Tapatalk

Watched a programme called Collateral on Netflix last week. A four episode mini-series based around the murder of a pizza delivery man in London. It was very good, especially for me, with much of it set in locations I know well. Plenty of sub-plots and contemporary issues covered; there was more to this than the typical murder mystery. Definitely a good binge-watch if you have four hours to spare.

• Like 2

I've been binge watching Rake and just finished Season 4. It's truly excellent in my opinion, very well written, and for all Cleaver's faults you can't help but like him. There's normally at least one coffee spitter moment in each episode and Cal McGregor is the consummate corrupt politician.  Cleaver is loosely based on Sydney Barrister Charles Waterstreet,

Season 5 is currently in production and due for release some time this year. 

• Like 2

ex UK politician Michael Portillo is not exactly my cup of tea (he has a really mincing walk and dresses like an off duty Cavalry Officer) but his enthusiasm for the railways of the world is boundless. His latest series Great Indian Railways Journeys has just started and the filmography is fantastic. I have just pulled down S5 of his european one as well. The special about military railways is also worth a watch.

Highly recommended is "The Looming Tower".   Based on real events, essentially it's about the rivalry between the CIA/FBI pre and after 9/11.   Six episodes, and well worth watching.   Some well known faces amongst the cast.

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 2