Good tv series

beechbum

Rome - an oldie but a goodie

I watch deadwood every few yrs, its THAT GOOD!

Talking about oldies and goodies, I'm in the middle of Twin Peaks at the moment.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Orange is The New Black

Ray Donovan

watching but so far not impressed....

Rake

Community

Oz

i just watched Rake (Oz and thought it was ok, maybe watch more) there is also a Rake US now which is pretty similar.

there are a few murder mysteries from the UK around, Broad church (England), the Fall (Ireland) and Hinterland (Wales). i guess Scotland is still working on theirs

Edited by stevehaigh

'Bletchley Circle', mystery drama miniseries set in 1952, about four owmen who used to work as codebreakers at Bletchley Park (Google that if you don't know what it was) during the second World War. A series of murders takes place that seem to have a pattern. The police apparently overlook the pattern so the women start investigating themselves.

The first season had 3 episodes, the second season has 4, the last of which will be broadcast tonight (Monday/27th), so will be available as a download tomorrow to complete the set.

'Bletchley Circle', mystery drama miniseries set in 1952, about four owmen who used to work as codebreakers at Bletchley Park (Google that if you don't know what it was) during the second World War. A series of murders takes place that seem to have a pattern. The police apparently overlook the pattern so the women start investigating themselves.

The first season had 3 episodes, the second season has 4, the last of which will be broadcast tonight (Monday/27th), so will be available as a download tomorrow to complete the set.

sounds interesting. i love everything to do with WW2, enigma machine, Turning, etc.

Just watching The Bridge which I am really enjoying.

Seen the original, very good

Some of the excellent Scandinavian TV series don't translate too well when remade in (US) English ('The Killing' is an example that was eventually cancelled in the US.

However, the exception certainly is 'The Bridge (US)', with excellent casting and the US/Mexico border setting in El Paso lends authenticity to the show's events.

Also just finished watching season 3 of 'Borgen', which I also recommend (watch the first two seasons first).

The UK have a version too - The Tunnel (same idea - two halves of different bodies - but laid in the secured maintenance tunnel of Eurotunnel - French and British dislikes/distain for each other comes across very well I think smile.png - as does the differences in police force styles). Differs from the US one, which seems to hang a lot more on the corruption in Mexico (especially the police force) opposing the professional US side - with the UK/France they are both pros, but with different MOs .

Also watching: Justified; Tomorrow People; Teenwolf (original put it on for my daughters, but got hooked - now its just me watching it smile.png; Black List; Revolution; Sherlock (UK); Elementary (US); Originals; Vampire Diaries; True Blood; Murder in Paradise; Mentalist; The IT Crowd (UK comedy); Continuum; Banshee; Intelligence; Homeland; Person of Interest; and a few others smile.png - some are now on Hiatus

Edited by wolf5370

i'm watching a new one called 'Intelligence' which is kind of a sci-fi action spy thingy, kind of Nikita without the cute star. anyhow, its ok if there's nothing else on.

I watched few episodes. The show is unfortunately not even close to Nikita when it comes to Intelligence of the series.

First episode was kind of good, but after that the serie was mixture of 9/11 scare and xenophilia in general. The Secret Service lady was cute though.

great news, 'they're back', Top Gear Season 21, Feb 2nd

5th gear is better....actually gives you information about cars

Boring though

agreed, i'm not interested in info about cars, i want to see 3 middle ages white guys goofing around like 16 year olds on weed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a 'heads up', Netflix are going to broadcast all 13 episodes of "House of Cards' Season 2, tomorrow (Friday/14th), so will undoubtably be available to download over the next few days. For those who haven't yet seen Season 1, it's highly recommended (political drama centred in Washington, and starring Kevin Spacey).

Watched "The Tunnel" and "The Bridge", gotta say I thought the Tunnel was the better 2.

easily the best, i really like Stephen Dillane who normally plays Stannis Baratheon (brilliantly) in GOT. as Stannis, he is famous for never smiling but in the tunnel he is hilarious. i loved it where his son asked him the french detective's name and he replied 'Fifi Croissant'. that's now my new generic name for French women.

i watched The After and Bosch, both were very good but VERY frustrating know that there is no ongoing episodes in the works.

and i found a new one called Helix which is a sci-fi contagion kind of thing. seems ok.

great news, 'they're back', Top Gear Season 21, Feb 2nd

5th gear is better....actually gives you information about cars

Boring though

agreed, i'm not interested in info about cars, i want to see 3 middle ages white guys goofing around like 16 year olds on weed.

There is talk of revamp to Top Gear due to their dwindling viewing figures. There is only so much the human race can take of Richard Hammond being a prat and droning on about Porches.

i just watched this

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9626557/Last_Temptation_in_Thailand_x264_AAC_

definitely a must see for us lot

you have to admire the producers dedication to "researching" his subject. TAT could scrap everything they have ever done and just show this video everywhere, Thailand tourism would go up 500% overnight

Anyone seen a program called "Episodes" yet?

its about how the yanks always have to make dumbed down versions of a funny british shows for their audiences. [like "the office"] and always ends up terrible. its pretty good. has Matt Le Blanc staring as... well... Matt Le blanc. takes the piss out of himself pretty well

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen a program called "Episodes" yet?

its about how the yanks always have to make dumbed down versions of a funny british shows for their audiences. [like "the office"] and always ends up terrible. its pretty good. has Matt Le Blanc staring as... well... Matt Le blanc. takes the piss out of himself pretty well

speaking of horrible yank ripoffs of shows, Rake (the real Australian one) is hilarious. The US ripoff is a disaster, but do check out the original. the lead actor, Richard Roxburgh is brilliant