Good tv series

beechbum

Thanks Karen but he's a Timelord now so can't watch anything else the actor may have been in. Feel a bit sorry for him really David Tenant and Matt Smith are hard acts to follow. If there really was a Doctor it would be one of them, probably Matt Smith.

Thanks Karen but he's a Timelord now so can't watch anything else the actor may have been in. Feel a bit sorry for him really David Tenant and Matt Smith are hard acts to follow. If there really was a Doctor it would be one of them, probably Matt Smith.

Don't agree.

Patrick Troughton, or John Pertwee.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't agree.

Patrick Troughton, or John Pertwee.

Definitely John Pertwee IMO.

• Like 1

for people who can't wait for the return of the walking dead, there is 'z nation'. the first 15 mins seems like a very poor knock off of TWD but it actually gets better as it goes and it doesn't take its self as seriously as TWD, it has a lot more humor.

Pretty awful reviews:

Absolutely terrible - B Class acting, terrible SFX, the list goes on...

15 September 2014 | by sevensevensevenone (-) – See all my reviews

Worst crap I've watched in a long time. Coming out on syfy I expected something a LOT better, and that is saying something.

It's like hopping on the zombie bandwagon, and trying to incorporate humor, with shitty special effects, and some of the worst B-Class acting I've seen. The script was terrible, not to mention the horrible SFX hidden (sometimes) by cut camera shots, or have a gun firing with no recoil or muzzle flash, which absolutely ruins the immersion (if there was any?).

Obviously this was an entry into the overly saturated 'zombie genre' that saw spans of TV shows take on this idea of plagues (some done quite a bit better than others e.g; Helix, The Strain). Not sure why this is getting anywhere close to 5 stars (at the time of rating this), I've seen shows 10x better then this that have had the exact same rating. Not sure what demographic this is appealing to, but for me it is literally the worst premiere I've watched in a long time.

If you go into this thinking it's a joke, you might actually get some partial enjoyment from it, but if you're looking for an actual TV show that has decent acting, script, and special effects, this is NOT the TV show for you.

Peaky Blinders,based on real events,gangsters Birmingham (UK)

1900"s, Chasing Shadows UK crime modern day, Legends Sean Bean,

Tyrant ,The Village, goings on in Derbyshire village 1920's ,not as boring

as it sounds, Our Zoo, about how the Mottershead family set up Chester Zoo.

You can stream them all and more from http://stream-tv.me/ best are Vidbull,

fireD,Socks,

regards Worgeordie =except Peaky Blinders, go to watchseries.it

• Like 2

i just found a new one, 'Intruders'. it kind of hard to describe, and a bit hard to follow but after 3 episodes or so it starts to make sense. its very well acted and shot, kind of an x-files mood but the the story is unique.

its made by BBC America, set in Seattle area but has a UK feel to it

Glue has just started on Channel 4 in the UK, enjoyed the first couple of episodes very much.

Plot revolves around murder in an isolated farming community where everyone knows each other. Most if not all of the teenagers and young adults are going a bit haywire partying and taking drugs at night (and in the day) and one of them is found dead and bloodied in a field.

Reminds me of Broadchurch a little (also excellent)

A god example of recent UK TV television started last week. "The Driver", a 3 part drame about an ordinary man who -- because of family mystery, frustration with his job and his life - makes a terrible decision. Stars David Morrissey.

A god example of recent UK TV television started last week. "The Driver", a 3 part drame about an ordinary man who -- because of family mystery, frustration with his job and his life - makes a terrible decision. Stars David Morrissey.

i downloaded that but haven't got around to watching it yet, i'm still on 'Orphan Black', its a really good show, amazing acting from the lead actress.

Yes , I agree a good series . I watch on BBCiplayer.

Another series that has been given excellent reviews is a HBO production TRUE DETECTIVE.

Another series that has been given excellent reviews is a HBO production TRUE DETECTIVE.

i watched about 4-5 episodes but could not get into that show. i really tried to like it but didn't work out.

i guess homeland is back, interesting to see how it continues without Brody

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else watch The Blacklist?

What did happen to that show? The first season was excellent. The start of the second season is like conspiracy version of twilight zone.

Soulless and not even funny anymore.

I'm gong to stick up for Z Nation here which is bubbling up nicely.....and far less tedious than the boring Dead....

i like Z Nation too, if funny how they seem to be preempting TWD, for example, one week on ZN the living guys were canibalizing the living for food and the next WD they did that too, BUT the twist on ZN was the vicims were still alive when been eaten! then ZN did one on religion and then WD did it. starting to look like ZN got hold of TWD scripts.

blacklist was always ok for me but not great.

there are some new ones now

the 100 - sci-fi about post epocalipse kids returning to earth

stalker - police show with Maggie-Q and Dylan McDDermott (worth watching for the relationship between those 2)

constantine - deamon hunter

the new foo fighters show where they record a new track each week in a different famous studio/city in the states has been DYNAMITE... most of the time its not about foo fighters at all but just the music scenes of the city... they did Chicago (blues) in wk 1 and Washington DC (punk/gogo) in wk 2... its called SONIC HIGHWAYS, an HBO series.

Also Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown just started season 4. Great mix of food/travel in interesting places. first episode ever was myanmar I liked that one alot. the chiangmai episode last year was great too.