Good tv series

beechbum

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Although not a 'series' as such, the BBC made a trilogy of television films featuring Bill Nighy as a M15 analyst, the final one of the three has just aired, and all are available as downloads. If you enjoyed such offerings as "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy", then these are for you.

The chronoligical sequence of the three films and their titles are:

1. Page Eight

2. Turks and Caicos

3. Salting the battlefield

They're collectively known as the 'Worricker Trilogy' (name of Nighy's character).

thanks for that.... hadn't seen those..... all downloaded and ready to watch today.

• Like 1

Fargo based on the Coen brothers movie of the same name .

US police show, black comedy

you beat me to it, i watched the 1st two the night and was very impressed. all star cast for a TV show.

Game of Thrones is getting better and better

and the Following is much better this season than the first (or should i say less stupid)

and big TV news, Jack is back in a week, 24 will return (although its been trimmed to 12) on may 5th. i wonder how long before Jack kills his first bad guy? i give it 35 minutes.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Although not a 'series' as such, the BBC made a trilogy of television films featuring Bill Nighy as a M15 analyst, the final one of the three has just aired, and all are available as downloads. If you enjoyed such offerings as "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy", then these are for you.

1. Page Eight

2. Turks and Caicos

They're collectively known as the 'Worricker Trilogy' (name of Nighy's character).

thanks for that.... hadn't seen those..... all downloaded and ready to watch today.

Same, thanks heaps, love the MI5 type spy stuff.

1. Page Eight

2. Turks and Caicos

Watched all 3 yesterday..... thoroughly enjoyed each one!!

1. Page Eight

2. Turks and Caicos

Watched all 3 yesterday..... thoroughly enjoyed each one!!

Bill Nighy is a great actor but his voice just puts me into a coma, great cure for insomnia. i finally got to watch all 3 but took many attempts.

anyhow, more exciting tv news, Jack is back!!!!!!!!!

If you like Keifer Sutherland, I recommend a series that was actually a series of pod-casts called The Confession.

There are 10 x 6 minute episodes. Sutherland plays a hit-man and John Hurt plays a priest and the whole series takes place in the confessional.

Very good stuff.

• 1 month later...

a little gem that few people have heard of is strike back, its a UK action spy kind of thing. lots of fun, well made

Strike back is good, naked spy action.

It could be helpful, and save time, if contributors listed the TV service used, and the channel on which the programs mentioned here could be found.smile.png

Most people posting recommendations are assuming that you are downloading torrents.

I am well aware that you have felt the need to mention, on several previous occasions, that you always use Torrents not TV services.

However, I do doubt your assessment that most people do the same.

You're getting very predictable KB, I knew when I made this post that you would respond in that way.

Disclaimer: If using torrents, don't bother trying to be helpful to us technophobes who still get our entertainment the old fashioned way.

• Like 1

Fargo was good, ITV1 I think, Casualty (BBC1 Saturday), Holby (BBC1 Tuedsay), Dr Who starting soon.

But of late I have been watching a few Korean dramas with her indoors and have become addicted. Have a look at www.gooddrama.com Your wives, girlfriends, special friends will have already seen many as the Thais are crazy for Gowley Lakorns! But the difference is these all have Engrish subtitles. (No spelling error)

Koreans have very active imaginations ! So far I have seen relatively normal soaps, but perhaps with an alien (and I don't mean a non-Thai, well I do mean a non-Thai, but from far far far away), who falls in love with the reincarnation of a girl he know 300 years ago, or a Prince from 400 years in the past who travels to the future to find out who killed his wife in the past, but he ends up falling in love with the reincarnation of his sister in law in the present, who he was supposed to marry in the past (the original version) but didn't, or, .......well they are all a bit crazy. Are hard drugs legal in Korea.

Anyway, from what I have seen Korean soaps (jokingly called dramas) can involve unlikely coincidences, time travel, extra terrestrial visitors, time travel (in both directions) and usually at least 20% of weeping, sobbing, balling, and all other forms of crying. However they are completely addictive.

SDM

PS just finished one about a girl who used to play a pretend princess as a part time job at a palace, but guess what, she really was a princess and last descendent from the last Emperor, but he died and she lost her memory, got lost and was adopted. Amnesia seems to be fairly common in Korea, most people tend to have it at least once in their lives, sometimes more.

PPS I watch all my stuff using an EXPAT TV smart box linked to my TV, but you can use anything that can access the internet, so Ipad, Smartfones, PCs, etc

Edited by SDM0712

It could be helpful, and save time, if contributors listed the TV service used, and the channel on which the programs mentioned here could be found.smile.png

Most people posting recommendations are assuming that you are downloading torrents.

I am well aware that you have felt the need to mention, on several previous occasions, that you always use Torrents not TV services.

You're getting very predictable KB, I knew when I made this post that you would respond in that way.

Disclaimer: If using torrents, don't bother trying to be helpful to us technophobes who still get our entertainment the old fashioned way.

Fully 80% of the recommendations on here are not on TV or cable.

Edited by LivinginKata
inappropriate remark rmoved

Fully 80% of the recommendations on here are not on TV or cable.

I have nothing to recommend that is available on TV or cable in Thailand and get all my favourite programs via torrents.

I get subtitles from addic7ed.com.

• Like 2

I have just started watching The Millers but not sure if it is on TV here. 1st episode had some hilarious scenes about masturbation & farting. Mrs Miller is played by the tough old bird in one of the earlier Justified series.

its hard to find any good tv at the moment (besides 24, daily show and colbert) since game of thrones has just finished. a good sci-fi show, 'Falling Skies' is comming back in a couple of days. if you like sci-fi and havn't seen it, catch up on the previous seasons now.

Two good crime dramas currently on air are Trial & Retribution ITV3 Mon/Tue and Wire in the Blood ITV Fri.

If you are into a bit of adult comedy then Mrs Browns Boys is hilarious, BBC Thurs. It is a live show in front of a studio audience and the comedy of errors add to the entertainment.

Peaky Blinders,mentioned earlier was an excellent pre war political drama, well worth watching if you can get it.

Mrs Miller is played by the tough old bird in one of the earlier Justified series.

That's Margo Martindale. She seems to have lots of work as she also plays a KGB field controller in The Americans. Excellent character actor.

I have got season 2 but yet to watch. Thoroughly enjoyed the first season. I thought she was brilliant in Justified.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I find info on downloading without risk of downloading virus and other unwanted crap. Am i the only one who has this problem? How does this work I don't understand always my virus software finds something so I stop the download.

Where can I find info on downloading without risk of downloading virus and other unwanted crap. Am i the only one who has this problem? How does this work I don't understand always my virus software finds something so I stop the download.

never had a problem at eztv.it